HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-11-2019, 03:43 PM   #8671
Supremacy Member

I think it's all up to individual area of usage and purpose required. I drove and M1 is not an issue for me whether its in tunnel or anything. My workplace near vivo area also no issue. Office have WiFi so no problem. Not sure about green and red but orange has CIS plan for sim only, which offers free auto roaming and free caller ID (not 3 or 6 months) without contract.
Personally I stay with orange first unless green or red has better offer. Didn't check my Internet speed at outside tho but if keeps me connected and can surf Web / social media without issues I'm ok with it. I don't dl huge files while shopping / drinking outside.
25 bucks for 30gb, 1k minutes outgoing, 1k sms, free incoming and caller id and auto roaming, no problem with receiving sms/calls overseas etc is pretty much okay for me.
Will definitely try out other operators if they are fully functional and ready. Previously wanted to try grid mobile but being not able to track my usage is a big turnoff for me.

Sent from Samsung Galaxy Note 8 using GAGT
I also don't have issues on M1. I have to say speed does not matter. It's the latency that really matter.

What for you have a Ferrari when you have a small and tiny road?

M1 latency is the lowest (best) amongst all telco. Meaning loading webpage is very responsive and fast.

I have alot people on Singtel and starhub, their loading of webpages so slow, mine already loaded finish. Despite speedtest m1 is much slower. I really don't care.
Old 16-11-2019, 03:55 PM   #8672

Hahahahaha.... It's not about kp bro. It's why starhub wanna be so shady with their T&C comparing to other Telco? If contract free then just list it out and provide the services all the way but instead starhub choose otherwise. That's why dumb consumers got pawned.

Posted from PCWX using Mi 9T
Bro I think all self-respecting consumer should have the courtesy to check each and every of the terms and conditions listed before committing to any sort of contract. You never know if some of the companies out there want to play punk.
Old 16-11-2019, 04:00 PM   #8673

Honestly i don't notice battery drain on m1 network. Maybe it depend on the apps you open.

Eventhough the telco never mention 12 month for your current package, they also can end it prematurely if they want. Like how circle discontinue the 0 $ plan. Nothing last forever.
Yes bro I think thatís one thing that quite easily neglected by peeps when they choose which plans to sign. But luckily we have a lot of option to jump to when they decide to cancel.
Old 16-11-2019, 05:08 PM   #8674

One days experience on north-south line, downtown line. So far so good the coverage and speed for circles life (m1). worth the switch.
Old 16-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #8675
Supremacy Member

One days experience on north-south line, downtown line. So far so good the coverage and speed for circles life (m1). worth the switch.
Have u try testing OTP?
Old 16-11-2019, 06:23 PM   #8676

Have u try testing OTP?
OTP ok. can receive no issue.

Can auto roam also. Just that funny thing it does not 'auto' roam while in overseas, must manually connect then can.

coverage and speed are really not as what people said so. I have yet to encounter issues with no connections for 2 days of usage as of now.

Certainly will have no problem to use for one year (at $7/mo).

the app is not as fancy looking as singtel or Starhub one (which I like them a lot), but reasonable for basic things such as data usage tracking, change of settings such as for auto roaming etc. I just wish them to make it more fancy looking and make the font bigger too.

Last edited by hereiam7788; 16-11-2019 at 06:27 PM..
Old 16-11-2019, 06:45 PM   #8677
Supremacy Member

OTP ok. can receive no issue.

Can auto roam also. Just that funny thing it does not 'auto' roam while in overseas, must manually connect then can.

coverage and speed are really not as what people said so. I have yet to encounter issues with no connections for 2 days of usage as of now.

Certainly will have no problem to use for one year (at $7/mo).

the app is not as fancy looking as singtel or Starhub one (which I like them a lot), but reasonable for basic things such as data usage tracking, change of settings such as for auto roaming etc. I just wish them to make it more fancy looking and make the font bigger too.
Gxgx happy for u all lol great savings too.
Old 16-11-2019, 07:29 PM   #8678

I have a M1 contract line with 2 add-on lines ($5/mth).

Does the add-on lines need to be on their own plan before I can switch telco or I can switch directly? Has anyone tried it?

Thanks.
Old 16-11-2019, 07:40 PM   #8679
High Supremacy Member

dont know should jump to gridmobile or singtel
Old 16-11-2019, 07:45 PM   #8680
Banned

Yah M1, circlelife drain battery damn fast especially tpg worst. During sleeping time at night M1 and circlelife drain about 2 to 3% battery while tpg drain 3 to 4% when I put airplane mode drain 0 to 1%.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:10 PM   #8681

dont know should jump to gridmobile or singtel
None of them. Should jump to Starhub instead. Haha.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:47 PM   #8682

I switched from SingTel -> Starhub -> Circles Life (M1) now.

I can confirm that both SingTel and Starhub have no issue with coverage and speed pretty much anywhere. One can also can a speed of above 50Mbps to 70Mbps and above anytime anywhere quite easily.

For Circles Life (M1), most of the time you will get only single digit of download speed, most of the time will be 5Mbps or below. Good enough for web surfing etc with no issues though to be fair. Coverage wise I find it acceptable too so far, later I will try it out at mrt underground and shopping mall basement. For its price of $7/mo, I have no comments seriously as of now. Only complaint will be my phone battery drain, it is totally noticeable and it is really quite bad. Less than an hour time, my battery life can drops from 90%++ to 70%++, this had not been happening before when I was on SingTel and Starhub. Very likely M1 has not enough base stations and also their base stations bandwidth are totally not enough to cope with the number of users. I will force myself to use only circles life without the use with TPG today to get a more real life one day experience on it since I have 38gb more to use until 30 nov anyway.

Starhub Sim only is still my number 1 if not becos of the CL irresistible deal though. Once my CL price reverts back to $28 after one year, I am sure to switch back to Starhub.
Honestly i don't notice battery drain on m1 network. Maybe it depend on the apps you open.

Eventhough the telco never mention 12 month for your current package, they also can end it prematurely if they want. Like how circle discontinue the 0 $ plan. Nothing last forever.
Yah M1, circlelife drain battery damn fast especially tpg worst. During sleeping time at night M1 and circlelife drain about 2 to 3% battery while tpg drain 3 to 4% when I put airplane mode drain 0 to 1%.
Guys, mind sharing the phone model that was experiencing the battery drain? I had a similar experience using Samsung Note 5, but have yet to test on my S9+. Currently running dual sim on the latter with M1 and TPG.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:54 PM   #8683
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think it is quite hard to prove that the battery drain is due to M1 using a phone.

There are so many variables at play.

Must use a 4G signal analyzer to determine the signal strength.
Old 16-11-2019, 09:59 PM   #8684

Guys, mind sharing the phone model that was experiencing the battery drain? I had a similar experience using Samsung Note 5, but have yet to test on my S9+. Currently running dual sim on the latter with M1 and TPG.
Was with M1 previously and thought that my note 9 had shitty standby battery life..... now I am not sure is it the phone or the telco.....
Old 16-11-2019, 10:06 PM   #8685
Master Member

Thatís absolutely not the case, otherwise youíll run out of data within a day or two with any smartphone by just texting, checking mail, checking weather, checking traffic status etc.
I think for example. if you send a one byte message using whats app on Vivifi, it will be deducted as 1mb.
That would be scary. 1k message with a simple yes no reply become 1GB used. Also when surfing, checking email, phone background updates etc, most small bytes to kb, with few days your 20gb gone.

then? Do explain how it works. So if we send lets say 3000 whatsapp messages, which is only one byte to 999kb per message, but because of block size of 1mb, it won't be counted as 3gb usage?
Some mentioned the finalised bill round up to the nearest but then that wonít make just difference of up the biggest we know 1mb.

Personally I think it would be more practical if the block size mean 1mb/min or 1mb/hour, 100kb/min or 100kb/hr etc.

So during that 1 min, 15min, 30min, 1 hour, all the data used round up to the nearest block size.

That seems more logic.

Anyone can confirm?

Of coz the smaller the block size is definitely better as it is more efficient in data usage.

For me, I am looking to port over from my m1 and I am looking at gomo, grid, giga, circle life, redone.
Budget around 18-25
My avg data usage in m1 is around 3-7gb per month out of the 15gb from m1.

Redone 18 looks good for my usage but worry about the 100kb blocksize. Thatís why finding out how they calculate the data usage.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.