LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-11-2019, 10:31 AM   #8716

Reasons?...
Reception getting poorer and poorer.

Hello, Are you Captain Obvious?
ragnarok95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 10:43 AM   #8717
High Supremacy Member

still confused between network block size and charging block size difference.
network block size is just a technical thingy about how data is transported in networks...

you see... the network physically breaks up files you send out in small blocks when sending them out (the receiving end will assemble these blocks back into the same file)... so if your network block size is 10KB... even a short message of 1KB is going to require 10KB to transport... normal ppl wouldn't need to worry about this...

charging block size is just simply how telcos charge you... instead of converting every byte into $$$... they charge you by blocks you used over certain period of time (maybe per month or per day or per hr etc)... (you can see it like per min charging or per second charging for voice calls)

regards,
wacky
cruizer_ph likes this.
wackykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 10:56 AM   #8718
Supremacy Member

network block size is just a technical thingy about how data is transported in networks...

you see... the network physically breaks up files you send out in small blocks when sending them out (the receiving end will assemble these blocks back into the same file)... so if your network block size is 10KB... even a short message of 1KB is going to require 10KB to transport... normal ppl wouldn't need to worry about this...

charging block size is just simply how telcos charge you... instead of converting every byte into $$$... they charge you by blocks you used over certain period of time (maybe per month or per day or per hr etc)... (you can see it like per min charging or per second charging for voice calls)

regards,
wacky
Understood. Thanks for the explanation
Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 12:13 PM   #8719

Was trying some online game. Circles works fine, but keep getting no internet connection when on M1. Same location.

And TPG blocks hotspot function. Coverage has not improved much since it started the trial, getting frequent network loss in large sheltered areas, like hawker centres, CCs...

I have a M1 contract line with 2 supplementary lines. Does the supplementary lines need to be on their own plan before I can switch telco or I can switch directly? Has anyone tried it?
darr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 01:32 PM   #8720
High Supremacy Member

so bad ah m1

Was trying some online game. Circles works fine, but keep getting no internet connection when on M1. Same location.

And TPG blocks hotspot function. Coverage has not improved much since it started the trial, getting frequent network loss in large sheltered areas, like hawker centres, CCs...

I have a M1 contract line with 2 supplementary lines. Does the supplementary lines need to be on their own plan before I can switch telco or I can switch directly? Has anyone tried it?
harky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 03:09 PM   #8721

TPG can hospot la no issue.
hereiam7788 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 03:10 PM   #8722

Nov 17th is the last day of offer. irrc, it was 5G base and 20 Gb free.
Yeah. Yesterday still have 25gb.
Old 18-11-2019, 03:11 PM   #8723

Last time M1 was very close to singtel. How come nowadays so many complaints? Would starhub be a better choice compared to M1 now?
SingTel >= Starhub > M1

However, I am on Circles Life (M1), so far so good though. No complaint for the $7 monthly. 🤪

Interestingly. Circles life consumes bundled talk time if call IDD number.

Last edited by hereiam7788; 18-11-2019 at 03:49 PM..
Old 18-11-2019, 04:06 PM   #8724
Supremacy Member

SingTel >= Starhub > M1

However, I am on Circles Life (M1), so far so good though. No complaint for the $7 monthly. 🤪

Interestingly. Circles life consumes bundled talk time if call IDD number.
How about the battery drain?
Sumimasen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 04:14 PM   #8725

Last time M1 was very close to singtel. How come nowadays so many complaints? Would starhub be a better choice compared to M1 now?
That was some time ago... I have been faithful to m1 for more than a decade... But couldn't take their declining or lack of data in some areas important to me.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/starhubs-peak-4g-speed-in-the-first-half-of-2019-beat-singtel-and-m1-by-a-mile-imda-report-shows/
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 04:15 PM   #8726

No problems on my M1 SIM card.

so bad ah m1
galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 05:13 PM   #8727

Did tpg block hotspot? Mine seems to work previously, nowadays didn't use TPG hotspot as I just switch to starhub
barnabaskoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-11-2019, 05:25 PM   #8728

How about the battery drain?
Personal experience - SingTel & Starhub - normal
Circles life - faster battery drain.
Old 18-11-2019, 05:26 PM   #8729

Did tpg block hotspot? Mine seems to work previously, nowadays didn't use TPG hotspot as I just switch to starhub
For me confirmed no. I can do hotspot on my device no issue.
Old 18-11-2019, 07:10 PM   #8730
Master Member

Can anyone recommend a plan with about 5 GB data, 100 +/- mins calls? I'm holding TPG cards now, but connectivity underground is important for me, hence gonna remove tpg from my primary phone.. I'm also holding circles life flexi card, but it's damaged now. I'm in the process of getting it exchanged with circles life. But, won't be depending on it as it's on M1's network.

I'm looking at Vivifi $8.80 plan now, though it'll be about $15 (plan + boost) for 5 gb usage.

Any other suggestions?

Posted from PCWX using
Where Does My QR Code Goes To?
meekiatah is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.