HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Comparison of SIM only plans

Like Tree791Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2019, 08:48 AM   #9331
Arch-Supremacy Member

Let me try to swap my main phone with gomo for few days and see the the usage. My main phone is xs max, secondary phone is mi mix 2s.
Your main phone is an iPhone and if really got battery drain problem, then maybe really due to poor network.

iPhones usually have good battery life compared to Android phones.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #9332

Your main phone is an iPhone and if really got battery drain problem, then maybe really due to poor network.

iPhones usually have good battery life compared to Android phones.
lol wut. Literally out of all the phones my friends use there is universal concensus that iPhones has the worst battery life.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:49 AM   #9333
Supremacy Member

lol wut. Literally out of all the phones my friends use there is universal concensus that iPhones has the worst battery life.
Not when you are using XS onwards. In fact, iPhone 11 has the best battery life.
intheomg likes this.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:53 AM   #9334

Not when you are using XS onwards. In fact, iPhone 11 has the best battery life.
Best compared to what? Now an average android phone will have a 4000-5000+ mAh battery. I can charge my phone every 2-3 days. For light users like my parents they can charge their phone once a week or longer. I doubt many iPhone users battery can last longer then 2 days.
townman likes this.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #9335
Arch-Supremacy Member

Best compared to what? Now an average android phone will have a 4000-5000+ mAh battery. I can charge my phone every 2-3 days. For light users like my parents they can charge their phone once a week or longer. I doubt many iPhone users battery can last longer then 2 days.
If you want to make a fair comparison, you must compare phone with similar capacity. iPhone max capacity is low 3k. Why compare to phones with 4-5k?

Your friends don't represent the whole of smartphone market. There are so many data out there pointing to the efficiencies of an iPhone in terms of battery life and performance.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:16 AM   #9336

If you want to make a fair comparison, you must compare phone with similar capacity. iPhone max capacity is low 3k. Why compare to phones with 4-5k?

Your friends don't represent the whole of smartphone market. There are so many data out there pointing to the efficiencies of an iPhone in terms of battery life and performance.
because the vast majority of android phones come with large battery size? U have to go out of your way to get a small battery android phone. The Google pixel lineup is an example.

You my as well claim the Nokia
8810 is efficient despite only having a small battery....
Old 06-12-2019, 11:29 AM   #9337
Arch-Supremacy Member

because the vast majority of android phones come with large battery size? U have to go out of your way to get a small battery android phone. The Google pixel lineup is an example.

You my as well claim the Nokia
8810 is efficient despite only having a small battery....
Do you know the definition of efficiency?

It is what you get versus what you put in.

If you don't use a phone, you don't even need a battery. So your Nokia 8810 comparison is moot.

Like I said, iPhone is well known for its efficiency. You get good performance with a limited battery capacity.

Other Android phones, you need to pump up the battery capacity, cpu power and ram to match similar experience with an iPhone.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 AM   #9338

Do you know the definition of efficiency?

It is what you get versus what you put in.

If you don't use a phone, you don't even need a battery. So your Nokia 8810 comparison is moot.

Like I said, iPhone is well known for its efficiency. You get good performance with a limited battery capacity.

Other Android phones, you need to pump up the battery capacity, cpu power and ram to match similar experience with an iPhone.
What's the point of measuring battery efficiency without factoring in the battery capacity?

I can also say a cheap phone like a xiaomi redmi 8 with its low res screen and slow processor is way more efficient not even considering its way larger battery. And performance? Well both phones can use apps WhatsApp, Facebook without issue so what's the difference?

Obviously there is no apple to apple comparison for battery efficiency since there are so many variables like screen size, resolution, amoled or lcd, SOC etc. If you own an android phone you will know the number one factor in battery consumption is the display (there is a battery statistic page for you to see for yourself) the same can be said for the iPhone.

Comparison between the iPhone and phones running android in terms of battery efficiency is unscientific since there are way to many variables that play a part. Unless you find a way to run android on the iPhone then that's a different story
Cissiboy likes this.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM   #9339
Master Member

I admit my iPhone 6S does not have good battery life, but it is still better than my older Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+.

Then my wife's iPhone 7+ and iPhone X have better battery life than my Huawei P20, even though they have smaller battery capacity than my P20.

Based on the review, iPhone 11 has good battery life (but it has bigger screen). So the lower end iPhones now also have good battery life, no longer like small screen iPhone 6/6S/7/8 which do not have good battery life. Take note the plus models 6+/6S+/7+/8+ have good decent battery life, not like what you say.

No need to bash iPhone. Even though I switched to Android because Android phones are good enough now, but I think iOS is still the best mobile OS (also Android tablet has a long way to go).
wilflare likes this.

Last edited by xiaofan; 06-12-2019 at 12:07 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 11:59 AM   #9340
Arch-Supremacy Member

I admit my iPhone 6S does not have good battery life, but it is still better than my older Samsung Galaxy S4 LTE+.

No need to bash iPhone. Even though I switched to Android because Android phones are good enough now (Android tablet has a long way to go).
Your iPhone 6S is quite old already so battery must have degraded.

But for a phone which is that old, I think it can still perform good enough compared to another Android phones released on the same year.

Personally, I don't use an iPhone but I am not so emotionally attached to defend an Android phone.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:04 PM   #9341
High Supremacy Member

Knn from comparing of sim plan tok until apple VS Andriod again..
wulunzun, darr, Cissiboy and 1 others like this.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:09 PM   #9342

One fact of battery degration that it depends on how many charge cycles it has gone through. If your phone originally come with a small battery forcing you to charge your phone everyday then its battery will degrade much faster compared to a phone with a larger battery. Not to mention the phone with the larger battery even when degraded could be still usable considering it has a lot of capacity to begin with.

For example my relative had an iPad 2 and iPod touch form the same year. Now only the iPad is usable. The iPod won't hold its charge for even an hour
Old 06-12-2019, 12:10 PM   #9343
Master Member

Your iPhone 6S is quite old already so battery must have degraded.

But for a phone which is that old, I think it can still perform good enough compared to another Android phones released on the same year.

Personally, I don't use an iPhone but I am not so emotionally attached to defend an Android phone.
Got the replacement battery early this year for S$69 for my iPhone 6S and used as a spare phone, so the battery is still very fresh.

We got 4 iPhones at home and will get the iPhone 11 soon for my wife now that the kids are using her iPhones.

Last edited by xiaofan; 06-12-2019 at 12:13 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 12:18 PM   #9344
Master Member

One fact of battery degration that it depends on how many charge cycles it has gone through. If your phone originally come with a small battery forcing you to charge your phone everyday then its battery will degrade much faster compared to a phone with a larger battery. Not to mention the phone with the larger battery even when degraded could be still usable considering it has a lot of capacity to begin with.

For example my relative had an iPad 2 and iPod touch form the same year. Now only the iPad is usable. The iPod won't hold its charge for even an hour
My iPad 2 was dead after 7 years of heavy usage and abuse by young kids (battery bloated, 2011-2018). My iPad Mini 1 is still alive since early 2013 but my kids do not use it since we get iPad 2018.

The worse one I had at home was Mi Max which was dead after only 2.5 years of use (battery bloated, 2017-2019). It has a large battery and has pretty good battery life. And it seems to be a common problem with Mi Max.

Last edited by xiaofan; 06-12-2019 at 12:20 PM..
Old 06-12-2019, 12:23 PM   #9345
Master Member

Knn from comparing of sim plan tok until apple VS Andriod again..
Sorry for falling into the trap again...

I am basically OS neutral...
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.