Status
Not open for further replies.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

shawniiex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Deal is M1, as long as you are willing to be tied on the 1 year mySIM instead of 1 month mySIM.

Coverage depends. Above train track I'm almost always connected to M1 4G with fast access, only sometimes then fall back on M1 3G.
(Much better than StarHub, even at residential areas it can just fall back to 3G and the network totally won't respond already. I have to set LTE only mode on my droid to get back to using StarHub 4G.)

Inside EWL train tunnel, always switch between M1 3G and M1 4G. One stretch of train tracks that don't work properly is Tanjong Pagar and Tiong Bahru. Sometimes it's okay, sometimes it is totally not working.
But when you're using M1 4G inside train tunnel, the speed is almost as fast as above ground ones. (Unlike StarHub 4G in train tunnel, feels like some snail, even using WA also take much longer to send a message.)

(Of course, if the train is really really packed, network congestion would happen, and all the networks wouldn't work properly at all. Sometimes you've to be at the MRT station to load things. I'm saying about the network performance when the train is ≤85% full when testing M1 3G/4G inside train tunnel, ≤55% for StarHub.)

I can't comment on SingTel 4G, I didn't use their service for years already.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 4 using GAGT

Would like to add on, i've been using M1 on NEL for last 5 years, finally sick and tired of terrible network when crowded, changed to Starhub and at least my pages can load.

Reaction score

SMS notification is Only when the caller put down the phone and your handphone is off
Thus when u on your handphone u will get SMS show the caller number

But on the way we use mobile caller Id seem a must

I test it unsubscribe and notice if I remember in the end I subscribe again

But on upsize data I think like me I never sign one year contact

Think need to pay additional 4 dollars on TOP the 5.90 price for 2g data upside

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
SMS notification is Only when the caller put down the phone and your handphone is off
Thus when u on your handphone u will get SMS show the caller number

But on the way we use mobile caller Id seem a must

I test it unsubscribe and notice if I remember in the end I subscribe again

But on upsize data I think like me I never sign one year contact

Think need to pay additional 4 dollars on TOP the 5.90 price for 2g data upside
Ya Caller ID is a must that's why they can charge $5.35/mth for that VAS ma.

The $5.90/9.90 Upsized Data part I really can't say, you can always try out. I'm on the 12-mth mySIM so there's no way I can try haha

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lor Dino why m1 after so many years don't wanna boost is network on NEL line
If not overall is a decent cheap telco to go for beside cmi hub or expensive ST

The connection at EWL between Tiong Bahru and Outram Park is always lousy since 1990s.

Listening to tunein radio will always cut off between the two stations, its always just here.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya lor Dino why m1 after so many years don't wanna boost is network on NEL line
If not overall is a decent cheap telco to go for beside cmi hub or expensive ST

Everytime I want to go to the North East side, I always think of ways to avoid NEL as much as possible. Especially from Little India to Punggol stretch, it's unusable most of the time.

Would rather waste a bit more time than to go through that pathetic stretch of non-usable network, a big contrary to typical M1 Mobile.

The connection at EWL between Tiong Bahru and Outram Park is always lousy since 1990s.

Listening to tunein radio will always cut off between the two stations, its always just here.
Who uses mobile internet in the 1990s with the GPRS? I know M1 reception there is quite bad, but overall on EWL it's nothing compared to NEL.

Overall, based on experience on M1 Mobile for all the 5 rail lines, this is the ranking from best to worse for train tunnels:

1) CCL
2) DTL
3) NSL
4) EWL
5) NEL

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That why I port over to singtel in the end after my m1 contract is up but I still got others free line on m1 and hub
So I stil can monitor if they still improve or still remain stagnant but looks like they hack care after so many years

Everytime I want to go to the North East side, I always think of ways to avoid NEL as much as possible. Especially from Little India to Punggol stretch, it's unusable most of the time.

Would rather waste a bit more time than to go through that pathetic stretch of non-usable network, a big contrary to typical M1 Mobile.

Who uses mobile internet in the 1990s with the GPRS? I know M1 reception there is quite bad, but overall on EWL it's nothing compared to NEL.

Overall, based on experience on M1 Mobile for all the 5 rail lines, this is the ranking from best to worse for train tunnels:

1) CCL
2) DTL
3) NSL
4) EWL
5) NEL

plainvanilla

Reaction score
Can I check, for M1 Mysim, CIS customers can get a discount on top of the free caller ID?

Sent from erehwon using GAGT

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check, for M1 Mysim, CIS customers can get a discount on top of the free caller ID?

Sent from erehwon using GAGT
CIS discount isn't applicable for any SIM-only plans, including SingTel SIM-Only, M1 mySIM and StarHub SIM-Only.

M1 may give 3 months Free Caller Number Display, but not guaranteed. 12 months contract of course.

(Answer it once and for all.)

Sent from Redmi Note 4 MTK using GAGT

sonic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
CIS discount isn't applicable for any SIM-only plans, including SingTel SIM-Only, M1 mySIM and StarHub SIM-Only.

M1 may give 3 months Free Caller Number Display, but not guaranteed. 12 months contract of course.

(Answer it once and for all.)

So for CIS on sim only plans can still get free caller number display?

revhappy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Now singtel sim only is 5gb data with 2gb wifi. Looks attractive. Everything for $20. If add caller id $25.35.

https://www.singtelshop.com/sim-only-12-mth-plan/
If you really need that much data then it is good. For me Singtel prepaid is best. I topup $10 every 15 days, I get free 500mb for 15 days. So for a month I get 1GB data and caller ID for $20. I also get $20 main balance + $3 bonus which I can decide whether to use for calling or to top up data next month.

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI NOTE 2 using GAGT

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talk about irony, am on Starhub and got DC while reading this thread.

Which telco I should go for next month?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Talk about irony, am on Starhub and got DC while reading this thread.

Which telco I should go for next month?
What's your usage pattern?
- Data usage
- Where do you use normally?

In most parts of the country, M1 should be decent for you, but North East region and the NEL (purple line), nope. You're better off with SingTel.

Of course, to be absolutely sure, it is better to get both SingTel and M1 Prepaid SIMs to test out the networks first. If both works out well, then see which one is cheaper.

Circles.Life is using M1's network, so if you really want SIM-only no-contract plans and M1 4G is good enough for you, maybe take that into consideration.

SIM-only no contract below $30/mth:
SingTel - 3GB data. Only Free Incoming Calls. $25.35/mth
M1 - 3GB data, 150 mins talk and 800 SMS/MMS. Free incoming calls and Unlimited free calls to 3 M1 numbers included. $25.35/mth
StarHub - 3GB data, 150 mins talk and 1000 SMS/MMS. Free incoming calls included. $26.80/mth
Circles.Life - 5-6GB data (port in from SH), 100 mins outgoing + incoming calls. No texting. $28/mth

With 12 months committment contract, there would be perks for SingTel and M1. StarHub and CL don't have 12 months committment contract though.

darkarn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What's your usage pattern?
- Data usage
- Where do you use normally?

In most parts of the country, M1 should be decent for you, but North East region and the NEL (purple line), nope. You're better off with SingTel.

Of course, to be absolutely sure, it is better to get both SingTel and M1 Prepaid SIMs to test out the networks first. If both works out well, then see which one is cheaper.

Circles.Life is using M1's network, so if you really want SIM-only no-contract plans and M1 4G is good enough for you, maybe take that into consideration.

SIM-only no contract below $30/mth:
SingTel - 3GB data. Only Free Incoming Calls. $25.35/mth
M1 - 3GB data, 150 mins talk and 800 SMS/MMS. Free incoming calls and Unlimited free calls to 3 M1 numbers included. $25.35/mth
StarHub - 3GB data, 150 mins talk and 1000 SMS/MMS. Free incoming calls included. $26.80/mth
Circles.Life - 5-6GB data (port in from SH), 100 mins outgoing + incoming calls. No texting. $28/mth

With 12 months committment contract, there would be perks for SingTel and M1. StarHub and CL don't have 12 months committment contract though.

Thanks, I can go with either M1 or Singtel (no Starhub for sure lol), but then again I do use NEL from time to time...

What prepaid cards should I take to test these out? Most of them seem expensive when it comes to data

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.