Not open for further replies.

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hah bro seng
Example I did mentions my previous post my work place before ok on 4g but sudden even got 4g or 3g mine Whatsppls or fb or browser kept on spinning and my batt drain much faster until I go complains and feedback and it took singtel around 2week before they fixed the issue

Well it’s either good or bad at least they even call me up to ask if ok or not it’s quite good on service Liao

But singtel internet is not as good lor singtel need buck up on their intenet still

That disclaimer of SingTel network not being perfect is both funny and real. :s13:

kero89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singtel is notv100 % epic coverage one lor
Just try lor I try all 3 telco and stick to Singtel as my usual area Singtel better over green & oranges

I haven't get to try starhub, but if u ask me to compare between M1 and Singtel coverage and experience, I will say Singtel is epic awesome. Even when in areas where it used to be congested much like trains tunnel, now it is gradually better.

Whereas M1, was with them between 2005 to 2015 and 2016 June-July. Back then when my data usage wasn't that intensive I will say M1 is decent but as my demand grew, I felt the shortcoming like virtually no signal in my area and when it matters most especially in town congested areas (aka googling a restaurant, redeeming coupons etc), jin emo one :o

Made the switch fully to Singtel for both my lines, initially it's quite pricey but now comparing sim only plans and my usage requirement, actually sama sama 30GB for $46 is quite a steal among the telcos and stood the reliability tests by myself, not just based on hearsay tiagong or influence by forummers :D

Not forgetting now sim only very flexible 1/3/12 months term, don't like just wait it out or pay penalty and jump, just like jobs, there are no longer brand loyalty to me. Best value for money and service quality matters most.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hah bro seng
Example I did mentions my previous post my work place before ok on 4g but sudden even got 4g or 3g mine Whatsppls or fb or browser kept on spinning and my batt drain much faster until I go complains and feedback and it took singtel around 2week before they fixed the issue

Well it’s either good or bad at least they even call me up to ask if ok or not it’s quite good on service Liao

But singtel internet is not as good lor singtel need buck up on their intenet still

SingNet Broadband not that good ah? I thought it's one of the better ones?

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I haven't get to try starhub, but if u ask me to compare between M1 and Singtel coverage and experience, I will say Singtel is epic awesome. Even when in areas where it used to be congested much like trains tunnel, now it is gradually better.

Whereas M1, was with them between 2005 to 2015 and 2016 June-July. Back then when my data usage wasn't that intensive I will say M1 is decent but as my demand grew, I felt the shortcoming like virtually no signal in my area and when it matters most especially in town congested areas (aka googling a restaurant, redeeming coupons etc), jin emo one :o

Made the switch fully to Singtel for both my lines, initially it's quite pricey but now comparing sim only plans and my usage requirement, actually sama sama 30GB for $46 is quite a steal among the telcos and stood the reliability tests by myself, not just based on hearsay tiagong or influence by forummers :D

Not forgetting now sim only very flexible 1/3/12 months term, don't like just wait it out or pay penalty and jump, just like jobs, there are no longer brand loyalty to me. Best value for money and service quality matters most.

I've used all the three operators simultaneously, and I can say, the experience for me is not much different across the operators now in most places.

I've problems on all the three operators in varying places, none of the operators are immune to the issue. It's especially true at the borders of the east side of the country. Northern borders not that much, not sure about western and southern borders.

andyhtc

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the latest SIM-only plan by Zero1 without a contract:

https://zero1.sg/plan/

It doesn't look so enticing for me since I can switch to Starhub at $34/month for 8 GB with a 12-months contract.

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is the latest SIM-only plan by Zero1 without a contract:

https://zero1.sg/plan/

It doesn't look so enticing for me since I can switch to Starhub at $34/month for 8 GB with a 12-months contract.

If manage to sign up in the first 3000 and get $19/mth, it's ***** worth it. Nearest plan to compete is:
Singtel Prepaid - DataSaver$18. (1GB data)
M1 Prepaid - Power$19. (1GB data)
StarHub Postpaid - Lite $20.35/mth including CID (1GB off-con, 2GB with 12 mth con)

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If manage to sign up in the first 3000 and get $19/mth, it's ***** worth it. Nearest plan to compete is:
StarHub Postpaid - Lite $20.35/mth including CID (1GB off-con, 2GB with 12 mth con)

Is the plan inclusive of gST?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Agreed it’s quite nice too free caller if and $19 and no contract
If it’s up to 29.9 then it not so good

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it's 4G speed for 3GB, then 3G speed when burst?

If yes, I might switch. But no number porting for now... and when renewing contract, cannot keep old number. This is silly. :s22:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So it's 4G speed for 3GB, then 3G speed when burst?

If yes, I might switch. But no number porting for now... and when renewing contract, cannot keep old number. This is silly. :s22:

I think it's 4G 500Mbps for first 3GB, then throttle to 1Mbps (3G/4G?) for the remaining period?

Probably I'm going to use it as supplementary line. Main line will still be on M1. Maybe even put my Upsized Super on hold as a result already. Unlimited data > 9GB!!

tiger2013

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think it's 4G 500Mbps for first 3GB, then throttle to 1Mbps (3G/4G?) for the remaining period?

Probably I'm going to use it as supplementary line. Main line will still be on M1. Maybe even put my Upsized Super on hold as a result already. Unlimited data > 9GB!!

Hmm... might be possible.

From Straits Times:

Specifically, the download speed for high-definition videos will be capped after the first 3GB of data allowance is used.

This limit, Mr Tan claims, will not reduce the speed of many other services including YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp calls.

However, I'm considering this as my main line. Issue is, no number porting + unable to keep number. Impossible to consider it as a main line.

idunnomyname

Reaction score
Hmm... might be possible.

From Straits Times:

Specifically, the download speed for high-definition videos will be capped after the first 3GB of data allowance is used.

This limit, Mr Tan claims, will not reduce the speed of many other services including YouTube, Facebook and WhatsApp calls.

However, I'm considering this as my main line. Issue is, no number porting + unable to keep number. Impossible to consider it as a main line.
lLdbtyzl.jpg

Thgt can port?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.