www.hardwarezone.com.sg


www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Mobile Communication Technology (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mobile-communication-technology-9/)
-   -   Comparison of SIM only plans (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/mobile-communication-technology-9/comparison-sim-only-plans-5490001.html)

galapogos 25-10-2016 03:37 PM

Comparison of SIM only plans
 
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of getting a SIM only plan, and so far I'm leaning towards StarHub or Circles.Life after comparing the 3 main telcos and Circles.Life.

Does anyone know if any of the 3 main telcos offer free caller number display? I know Circles.Life does, and StarHub doesn't. I've always been on CIS plans so they've always been included in the plan.

I've done a simple tabulation of the charges of the 4 telcos:

PHP Code:

Provider            Circles.Life    Singtel         M1                Starhub
Plan                                                mySIM
20         4G 3
Base data
(GB)       4               3               3                 3
Additional data
(GB2.5             2               3                 3
Total data
(GB)      6.5             5               6                 6
Voice
(min)          100             150             300               150
Free incoming
?      N               Y               Y                 Y
SMS                 0               500             1000              1000
Voice 
$/min         0.08            
$/SMS               0.05            
Caller ID           Free            5.35            5.35              5.35
Additional data     0               5.35            5.90              6
Base price          28              20              20                21.45
Total price         28              30.70           31.25             32.8
1 time charges      18              48.15           10.70             37.45
Remarks             w
/port-in &     1-time charge   w/upsized data &  w/Plus 3
                    Lazada code     waived w
/12mo   12mo contract     
                    Free Whatsapp   contract 


Apex 25-10-2016 04:27 PM

I think starhub if u pay $6 a MONTH can get another 3GB of data.

Not sure about circle but they are on M1 network.

galapogos 25-10-2016 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Apex (Post 104377779)
I think starhub if u pay $6 a MONTH can get another 3GB of data.

Not sure about circle but they are on M1 network.

Yup I know about the Plus 3. That's why it's 1 of my choices. However, it doesn't offer caller number display so it works out to be more expensive than Circles.Life.

lohsenglte 25-10-2016 05:51 PM

Circles.Life $28 plan don't include unlimited free incoming calls. You need top pay $2 more for that.
5GB data (port in, more over time), 100 mins outgoing, 0 SMS for $30/mth Inc caller ID.

StarHub 4G 3 SIM-only with Plus 3 is $32.80/mth for 6GB data, 150 mins talk, 1000 SMS and Caller ID.

M1 mySIM+ 20 (12-mth) with Upsized Data is $25.90/mth excluding Caller ID display, with 6GB data, 150 mins talk and 800 SMS. I remember seeing other HWZ members mentioning that M1 includes 3 month caller ID display (or more) for CIS customers as long as you show the pass. So in that manner it would only be ~$4.01/mth for 12 months contract (pay only 9 months) and therefore add up to $29.91/mth.


M1's network is far more reliable than StarHub and the data calculation on their own MyM1 app is much more accurate. Circles.Life is using M1's network so I would expect similar quality.

I was on StarHub Postpaid from 29 Sep to 24 Oct (yesterday) and I've terminated the line because their billing system is nothing but horrendous.

MyStarHub won't show the real usage during the billing period, then last billing day shoot up to the "real usage", which can be a few GBs. Saw it online on other places and it seems to be the same issue for mine. That's why I forcefully cut the line (no contract) after calling 10 times in just a day trying to explain the same issue over and over yet nobody can help.

Sent from Sony E5653 using GAGT

Maserati 26-10-2016 08:45 AM

Hi do you mean the Starhub app used for checking data usage is so unreliable?
If that is the case why SH app provide wrong information and mislead users :vijayadmin:
The purpose of checking data usage if to provide info so that the user can adjust usage.
If it is a difference of few Mbs that is fine but in Gbs is too much

galapogos 26-10-2016 09:33 AM

Thanks for the input lohsengslte

I've done a simple tabulation of the charges of the 4 telcos:

PHP Code:

Provider            Circles.Life    Singtel         M1                Starhub
Plan                                                mySIM
20         4G 3
Base data
(GB)       4               3               3                 3
Additional data
(GB2.5             2               3                 3
Total data
(GB)      6.5             5               6                 6
Voice
(min)          100             150             300               150
Free incoming
?      N               Y               Y                 Y
SMS                 0               500             1000              1000
Voice 
$/min         0.08            
$/SMS               0.05            
Caller ID           Free            5.35            5.35              5.35
Additional data     0               5.35            5.90              6
Base price          28              20              20                21.45
Total price         28              30.70           31.25             32.8
1 time charges      18              48.15           10.70             37.45
Remarks             w
/port-in &     1-time charge   w/upsized data &  w/Plus 3
                    Lazada code     waived w
/12mo   12mo contract     
                    Free Whatsapp   contract 


lohsenglte 26-10-2016 10:41 AM

Actual usage is 300+MB as recorded by my phone on one of the days and confirmed by StarHub Billing hotline, but MyStarHub app only records 100+MB. It's a recurring issue, and called StarHub yet they can't even fix the issue. Horrendous.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maserati (Post 104388929)
Hi do you mean the Starhub app used for checking data usage is so unreliable?
If that is the case why SH app provide wrong information and mislead users :vijayadmin:
The purpose of checking data usage if to provide info so that the user can adjust usage.
If it is a difference of few Mbs that is fine but in Gbs is too much


lohsenglte 26-10-2016 10:43 AM

Since you are using Plus 3, you may as well add in the mySIM+ 20 & Upsized Data. 6GB for $31 or so.

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapogos (Post 104389603)
Thanks for the input lohsengslte

I've done a simple tabulation of the charges of the 4 telcos:

PHP Code:

Provider    Circles.Life      Singtel M1                    Starhub
Plan                                  mySIM
30             4G 3
Data
(GB)    4-6.5             5       4/6                   6
Voice
(min)  100               150     300                   150
SMS         0                 500     1000                  1000
Voice 
$/min 0.08            
$/SMS       0.05            
Caller ID   Free              5.35    5.35                  5.35
Price       28                30.7    35.35                 32.8
Remarks     No free incoming
            Free Whatsapp             6GB w
/12mo contract   6GB w/Plus 3
            6.5GB w
/port-in
            
Lazada offer 



fattyjoe 26-10-2016 10:57 AM

extra 500mb per mth/for life with the lazada offer

galapogos 26-10-2016 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohsenglte (Post 104390805)
Since you are using Plus 3, you may as well add in the mySIM+ 20 & Upsized Data. 6GB for $31 or so.

Good call, I didn't see that. Any idea if upsized data/plus 3 has some promotion period that will end, or is it a long-running thing?

lohsenglte 26-10-2016 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapogos (Post 104397655)
Good call, I didn't see that. Any idea if upsized data/plus 3 has some promotion period that will end, or is it a long-running thing?

Not sure about it, but most likely M1 Upsized Data will be ongoing. They state that $5.90/mth will be throughout the contract, and will be raised to $9.90/mth if out of contract. Back to contract and the price will drop back to $5.90/mth.

Sent from Sony E5653 using GAGT

LonelyMan 26-10-2016 06:48 PM

My suggestion:

Sign up a plan that has no contract and wait for My Republic. Once they win the bid and going operational (in 6-9months time my guess), the 3 incumbent will drop their pants with new plans.

galapogos 26-10-2016 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lohsenglte (Post 104398616)
Not sure about it, but most likely M1 Upsized Data will be ongoing. They state that $5.90/mth will be throughout the contract, and will be raised to $9.90/mth if out of contract. Back to contract and the price will drop back to $5.90/mth.

Sent from Sony E5653 using GAGT

Oh, so the $5.90 price is only with a contract, rather than month by month?

lohsenglte 26-10-2016 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galapogos (Post 104400677)
Oh, so the $5.90 price is only with a contract, rather than month by month?

Yes. Upsized Data is applicable only for mySIM+ plans on 12 month contract OR 2 year handset contract.

https://www.m1.com.sg/upsizeddata

galapogos 27-10-2016 10:42 AM

Updated the table.


All times are GMT +8. The time now is 06:54 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright © SPH Magazines Pte Ltd. All rights reserved.