HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Expert lip lai, Samsung phone battery or Xiaomi phone battery which brand better

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #1

Expert lip lai, Samsung phone battery or Xiaomi phone battery which brand better

This 2 brand Samsung and Xiaomi. I mean which brand battery last longer. Mean totally faulty or battery totally cannot use like drain from 100% to 70% at night without using the phone after certain period 1-2 years you know the battery spoil Liao.

Last edited by Angtehkor; 28-09-2019 at 11:32 AM..
Angtehkor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 11:52 AM   #2

You will get mixed answers. Instead, if battery degradation is your concern, look for phones with removable battery so you can replace it in the future if it gets spoil.
Project_Xco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 01:29 PM   #3

You will get mixed answers. Instead, if battery degradation is your concern, look for phones with removable battery so you can replace it in the future if it gets spoil.
But now most phone is non-removable battery
Old 28-09-2019, 06:14 PM   #4
Master Member

Preservation of battery is depends on how your charge and use your phone

Sent from Xiaomi REDMI K20 PRO using GAGT
aucheukyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 06:19 PM   #5

I trust Samsung batteries more, given that they have an 8 step battery quality control process in place.

This 2 brand Samsung and Xiaomi. I mean which brand battery last longer. Mean totally faulty or battery totally cannot use like drain from 100% to 70% at night without using the phone after certain period 1-2 years you know the battery spoil Liao.
galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #6

From personal experience and observing my friends and families phone, batteries usually last 4-5 years regardless of brands before degrading to the point of being unusable. Most people already junk their phone around that time.

If you use your phone longer or tax the battery more,try going for a more popular model since aftermarket support should be better in case you need replace your battery.
squarepipe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-2019, 07:16 PM   #7

I trust Samsung batteries more, given that they have an 8 step battery quality control process in place.
I assume you forgot the whole exploding note 7 fiasco?
Old 29-09-2019, 08:45 AM   #8

Thank you bros
Old 29-09-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
Arch-Supremacy Member

From personal experience and observing my friends and families phone, batteries usually last 4-5 years regardless of brands before degrading to the point of being unusable. Most people already junk their phone around that time.
4-5 years before degrading?

Are you sure about this statistics?

https://www.quora.com/How-much-can-I...rade-over-time
Old 29-09-2019, 10:36 AM   #10

Like I said it's my personal anecdotal evidence. In the case of my mom, her phone can last 1 week with a single charge thanks to her low use and a combination of large battery and basic processor etc. After about 5+ years of use, her phone can only last 2 days.

Imo the best way to ensure battery life is sufficient throughout the lifespan of the phone is to get a phone with a large capacity in the first place (4000+mAh) even with a degraded battery it should still last over a day.

4-5 years before degrading?

Are you sure about this statistics?

https://www.quora.com/How-much-can-I...rade-over-time
Old 29-09-2019, 11:04 AM   #11
Arch-Supremacy Member

Like I said it's my personal anecdotal evidence. In the case of my mom, her phone can last 1 week with a single charge thanks to her low use and a combination of large battery and basic processor etc. After about 5+ years of use, her phone can only last 2 days.

Imo the best way to ensure battery life is sufficient throughout the lifespan of the phone is to get a phone with a large capacity in the first place (4000+mAh) even with a degraded battery it should still last over a day.
I rather believe in technological reasoning than anecdotal evidences.

A battery has a particular life cycle. I googled around. The life cycle of a smartphone battery is between 300-500.

So if you charge the smartphone every day or every other day, the battery can last 1-2 years before it starts to degrade.

Buying a larger battery capacity is not an ideal solution. There are some tips to improve the battery life.

https://medium.com/@lauren.c.stephen...y-16c2af5ca59f
Old 29-09-2019, 11:26 AM   #12

I am not saying that phone battery doesn't degrade. What I am trying to say is if your new phone only last a day then down the line even a 20% battery degration in a year will make your phone not last a day.

I don't see how choosing a phone for its battery capacity is a non starter unless you are locked into the apple ecosystem any do not have much choices.

If u choose a phone with a small capacity then you have yourself to blame by choosing a phone with planned obsolescence by design

I rather believe in technological reasoning than anecdotal evidences.

A battery has a particular life cycle. I googled around. The life cycle of a smartphone battery is between 300-500.

So if you charge the smartphone every day or every other day, the battery can last 1-2 years before it starts to degrade.

Buying a larger battery capacity is not an ideal solution. There are some tips to improve the battery life.

https://medium.com/@lauren.c.stephen...y-16c2af5ca59f
Old 29-09-2019, 01:30 PM   #13

But one thing I know is that heavy user phone degrade faster than light user. You can charge your phone every day the more percentage you charge your phone the faster your phone degrade. But most users are heavy user.
Old 30-09-2019, 03:55 PM   #14

Thank you all
Old 02-10-2019, 11:43 AM   #15

Bump it up
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.