Frustrated with connectivity on M1

bratpig

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've been a M1 customer for over 10 years now but of late I've been facing severe connectivity issues in my primary work area (Changi).

The phone shows full connectivity and LTE/4G but there is zero data transfer.
Even Google website fails to load and on my phone, Safari shows me there's no connection to the server.

It's only when I go outdoors that there's connectivity but even then there is TONS of dropped calls and data loss.

I don't face this issue in other areas and I have highlighted to M1 about this issue on Facebook as well as on Twitter.
Their standard reply is "we will inspect the site and come back to you".

It has been close to 4 months now that issues have been persisting.

My question to you guys is:

How do I get them to listen and actually work on it or is that just too much expectations?
Does this qualify as breach of service because of which I can claim to break the contract because I am honestly considering doing that.

My work is getting affected and if I can't even take calls properly it is majorly frustrating.

Looking forward to some thoughts/opinions on this.

Have a good day folks!

D
Similarly, I've been with M1 for the longest time

But I'm planning to jump ship when my contract is due next May

Their network is getting unreliable nowadays

At first I thought it's my iPhone X. But after mate 10, note 9, and now S10+. I concluded that it's just M1

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

dipalbhagde

Reaction score
Similarly, I've been with M1 for the longest time

But I'm planning to jump ship when my contract is due next May

Their network is getting unreliable nowadays

At first I thought it's my iPhone X. But after mate 10, note 9, and now S10+. I concluded that it's just M1

Sent from Samsung SM-G975F using GAGT

True.
Best to port over.

007Mi6

Reaction score
I actually think it's nothing to do with building management.
If you read what I wrote in my first post, there is no issue with connectivity.
I'm getting ample coverage here.

The issue is there is zero or little data that's coming in/going out along with dropped calls and other network related issues.

I can understand if there's no network coverage but if I'm getting a full signal then how is it possible that there's close to zero data transfer.

Again this happens QUITE a lot and is not infrequent. It could be a throttling issue for all we know but they need to be transparent.
I've highlighted this issue to them and constantly following up on Twitter/FB messaging and very little has changed for the last 5 months.

I am not expecting IMDA/CASE to penalize M1.
I'd be happy if M1 is responding satisfactorily to me but they're not.
However their replies are very random and you can tell they're following a template.

Sometime in 2012 Feb, I feedbacked to Singtel about poor speed and was told to reset my phone, my SIM card and also it was peak hours. After tolerating for another few weeks where even during weekday afternoon the speed is slower than my 14.4k dial up, I emailed IDA (now IMDA) and copied Singtel. Within a week Singtel got back to me, told me their base station was faulty and would get it repaired. Of course that broke my 13 years with Singtel and I went over to M1.

If it is within a building, there is not much we can do as IMDA did not mandate certain service level quality control.

It could be certain telco asking for certain exclusive rights access to the building (not sure if this is anti competition), M1 didn’t want to pay the fees to access the building, there is not enough airwaves allowed or not safe with more than a certain number of telcos.

I too have issues at Serangoon Nex, VivoCity (certain parts) as well as part of NorthPoint City as M1 user.

If anyone is interested, we can form a telegram group and discuss on an advocacy to mandate certain level of service quality within buildings, since we are so built up.

Asus80

Reaction score
Monthly payment is above 80+ for my primary line.
I just recontracted back in May so it might be difficult.

i terminate my M1 contract on may 2019 port over to singtel & i have to pay the contract fee 14 mth left $525

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
I actually think it's nothing to do with building management.
If you read what I wrote in my first post, there is no issue with connectivity.
I'm getting ample coverage here.

The issue is there is zero or little data that's coming in/going out along with dropped calls and other network related issues.

I can understand if there's no network coverage but if I'm getting a full signal then how is it possible that there's close to zero data transfer.

Again this happens QUITE a lot and is not infrequent. It could be a throttling issue for all we know but they need to be transparent.
I've highlighted this issue to them and constantly following up on Twitter/FB messaging and very little has changed for the last 5 months.

I am not expecting IMDA/CASE to penalize M1.
I'd be happy if M1 is responding satisfactorily to me but they're not.
However their replies are very random and you can tell they're following a template.

Not a radio wave expert. But full signal don’t translate to good data speed.

If everyone on m1 and same location facing the same issue. Than is really telco issue. Else is device issue.

dipalbhagde

Reaction score
Not a radio wave expert. But full signal don’t translate to good data speed.

If everyone on m1 and same location facing the same issue. Than is really telco issue. Else is device issue.

Or they could just be throttling since I'm on a "unlimited" Mysim plan.
I have tried with other phones - its the same issue.

jess_sy

Reaction score
Is it because of Circles.life tapping onto M1 Network?? But M1 Network don't have the capacity?

grynove

Reaction score
wow. finally found this thread. i really tot it was my phone problem. turning off 4g for iPhone does help. just relying on 3g.

i notice if m1 going into large crowd. ur phone become really unusable.

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Really is fugging m1
97dnyYZl.jpg

Sent from Samsung SM-G970F using GAGT

stupidog

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 & Starhub have poor reception inside the building in Changi Loyang area.

You need to go outside of the building or open area to get reception to make call or to get WhatsApp.

It's alway inside the building.

So if you going to work in that area inside building, switch to SingTel.

Sent from OnePlus ONEPLUS A5010 using GAGT

ya i already applied to port to singtel liao. at least won't have to suffer all those shiat from m1.

plan cheap got what use if no network no data. give free also useless.

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Another way is to use dual SIMs. Singtel/Grid/Gomo/Vivify SIM and M1/Circles Life SIM.

ya i already applied to port to singtel liao. at least won't have to suffer all those shiat from m1.

plan cheap got what use if no network no data. give free also useless.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.