Going for a holiday? Singtel ReadyRoam is the affordable way to stay connected.

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Thanks renfred89, you are exactly right.

Readyroam is only valid for 30 days from the chosen start date; while Dataroam recurs monthly automatically.

Both are available as add-ons from the Roaming tab in the MySingtel app.

This readyroam 1GB for $5 dollars is a new thing for Malaysia. Last time it was several countries bundled together.

The main difference between this and data roam is that data roam is monthly recurring. If u don't terminate yourself, data roam will keep renewing monthly, whereas readyroam stops after 30days.

What is the difference between this $5 1G 30days ready roam Vs the $10 1GB 30days Dataroam?

baby.minnie

Reaction score
I just brought ReadyRoam for start date tmr 09 Sep and received an sms confirmation. so, how will be activated? i am only flying in the night. so they will automatically detect once i am overseas and start the ReadyRoam? tq

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just brought ReadyRoam for start date tmr 09 Sep and received an sms confirmation. so, how will be activated? i am only flying in the night. so they will automatically detect once i am overseas and start the ReadyRoam? tq

it will be activated automatically at 0000hrs on the date you want to activate in.

Use your singtel app, make sure data roaming is enabled and network lock is turned on.

Palary

Master Member
Reaction score
Used to use readyroam until I discovered starhub happy call has more data and lower price. Since I'm a frequent traveller, happy call serves better, as every top up will keep the SIM card for 6 months.

Sainté

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Readyroam for Malaysia die die have to use either Maxis or Digi? Cannot auto carrier?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If network lock is turned on, only can roam between digi or maxis. Anyway, celcom and u mobile got no lte service allocated for singtel roaming also.

U can choose not to use them by turning off the network lock, just that you’ll pay more in certain situation cos you’re not using singtel preferred partner..

Readyroam for Malaysia die die have to use either Maxis or Digi? Cannot auto carrier?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Sainté

You may wish to check our Roaming FAQs and this excerpt may be able to address your concern:

5. How will I be charged if I do not use data on Maxis or Digi network?

Network lock will be activated therefore you will not be able to use data on non-preferred network (Celcom and U Mobile). However, if you decide to disable network lock and use data, you will be charged at
$25/MB. Note: If you have turn off Network Lock before, you will have to manually turn on to be protected.

Thanks.

If network lock is turned on, only can roam between digi or maxis. Anyway, celcom and u mobile got no lte service allocated for singtel roaming also.

U can choose not to use them by turning off the network lock, just that you’ll pay more in certain situation cos you’re not using singtel preferred partner..

belgarathc

Reaction score
Used to use readyroam until I discovered starhub happy call has more data and lower price. Since I'm a frequent traveller, happy call serves better, as every top up will keep the SIM card for 6 months.
I was using ReadyRoam all along too and decided to use Starhub Happy Call for a trip covering a few countries in the $35 tier. It stopped working after a while and I ended up activating ReadyRoam. If only ReadyRoam is priced lower for EU and US, it will be perfect for me as I still prefer using the same sim card. I had an occasion where I activated the wrong number for Readyroam but the charges was waived when Singtel checked that no roaming was incurred.

wetdreamx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah!!! Just realized now $35 for 3gb for 56+ countries de!!!!!!! Wahhhh singtel power

** eat me so long liao for $35/gb **

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Still measly in data offerings as compared to M1's Data Passport. Only when Singtel begins offering 10GB data then I'll consider signing up for their roaming packages.

Wah!!! Just realized now $35 for 3gb for 56+ countries de!!!!!!! Wahhhh singtel power

** eat me so long liao for $35/gb **

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.