HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Going for a holiday? Singtel ReadyRoam is the affordable way to stay connected.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #136
Arch-Supremacy Member

Just applied ReadyRoam for my relative who will be travelling.

Must I activate the DataRoaming setting in Singtel app, currently disabled.
What else do i need to activate in phone or just leave mobile data on as normal.
Answered before.. read the few posts below leh...

Need to activate from singtel app while u still got internet connection. Leave your phone settings alone so Long you know you have activated on singtel app. Make sure you also choose the setting of preferring partner telco..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 12:19 AM   #137

Hi SingTel, I subscribed the 1Gb dataroam 16 destinations on the 20Dec ,I have fully utilised the data yesterday and I also received a message from SingTel saying another 1Gb will be provisioned automatically. Iím ok to pay for another $20 for 1Gb data usage, but, the network donít seem to work anymore this evening. Have try to reset my hp and turn on/off of the dataroam settings, please advise, thanks.
Need to use the service as I will stay till next Wednesday.
Thanks.
vuzuuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 02:07 AM   #138

Hi SingTel, I subscribed the 1Gb dataroam 16 destinations on the 20Dec ,I have fully utilised the data yesterday and I also received a message from SingTel saying another 1Gb will be provisioned automatically. Iím ok to pay for another $20 for 1Gb data usage, but, the network donít seem to work anymore this evening. Have try to reset my hp and turn on/off of the dataroam settings, please advise, thanks.
Need to use the service as I will stay till next Wednesday.
Thanks.
I had the same issue today in Malaysia. Way before my plan limits are reached and far from the expiry of my monthly recurring.
Tried everything from restarting phone, toggling between airplane mode, sending the SMS to activate data roaming, turning on new plan but failed as it detected my current subscription, attempted using the SingTel app when I had limited WiFi to message the SingTel guys but the service seems down.
airplayseat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-12-2017, 02:16 AM   #139
Supremacy Member

Yes I had the same prob more than once or I should say everytime i used this service..... Active but still cannot connect.

Had feedback before n they said will sort it out since last yr so I guess it's just lips service

Sent from 摆渡人协会 using GAGT
mamboeidos is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:26 PM   #140

I was wondering how do I see who is SingTel network partner in that country which I purchase ? As I have just subscribed for ready roam to Malaysia go try out the service which I know currently my phone is set to automatic network and I do have roaming service. Can u kindly please tell me where do I check on the different country network partners or hopefully give me advise on the network partner for Malaysia and Thailand as if its good I may consider getting the ready roam for my Thailand trip.
xuan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 10:06 AM   #141
Featured Sponsor

I was wondering how do I see who is SingTel network partner in that country which I purchase ? As I have just subscribed for ready roam to Malaysia go try out the service which I know currently my phone is set to automatic network and I do have roaming service. Can u kindly please tell me where do I check on the different country network partners or hopefully give me advise on the network partner for Malaysia and Thailand as if its good I may consider getting the ready roam for my Thailand trip.
Hi xuan56,

We have the network lock service, which will only allow you to use data roaming on our preferred partners.

As long as the network lock service is not disabled manually by you, it is enabled automatically once you have purchased our data roaming plans.

The network lock service can be found in MySingtel app > Roaming > Roaming Settings > Network Lock > On.

You may also refer to the list of operator codes on www.singtel.com/dataroamplans.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:09 PM   #142
Supremacy Member

Recently i went to australia and signed up for the readyroam 1gb. I finished my 1gb and was offered to add another 1gb at the same rate.
Now as i am on combo 12, i have $35 worth of data roam credit but i was surprised to find out that i was charged for the extra 1gb of data at $12 as it was considered as pay as you roam.
Although singtel will be waiving the charges, i find that customers are being shortchanged and will be unable to utilize the $35 fully most of the time as they can only purchase 1 readyroam within the month.
Rather singtel should allow customers to use the $35 credits towards all dataroaming charges instead.
universe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 07:09 PM   #143

Hi, just to confirm if i have purchased the 30 days for $12 to 9 destinations. If i'm visiting Malaysia and Thailand concurrently, i assume the 1GB plan should be continuously right ? So i assume once i have deplete my 1GB, it will automatically add on 1GB for me or will Singtel ask me whether i would like to add on the data plan ?
xuan56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 08:22 PM   #144
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi, just to confirm if i have purchased the 30 days for $12 to 9 destinations. If i'm visiting Malaysia and Thailand concurrently, i assume the 1GB plan should be continuously right ? So i assume once i have deplete my 1GB, it will automatically add on 1GB for me or will Singtel ask me whether i would like to add on the data plan ?
there will be a reminder sms sent to you to tell you your usage. you can just continue to use it and the 1GB will be automatically added to you without you doing anything. if you don't wish to continue the additional 1GB, you can disable the service using singtel app...

to answer your question, the 1GB service is continuous regardless of which destination you change from..
renfred89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-01-2018, 08:40 PM   #145
Supremacy Member

Too bad the 1gb given it’s too little for the cost lor should singtel look into adddd up to 2 or 3gb
kenchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #146
Featured Sponsor

Hi xuan56,

Our ReadyRoam plan covers the 9 destinations with 1GB for 30 days.

Once you have used up the 1GB, it will automatically stacked another 1GB for the same price ($12).

Hope this clarifies.

Feel free to reach out to us here on Mondays to Fridays (9 am to 6 pm).
Singtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.