Grid Mobile offers 40GB at only $24.90/mth; and additional 200GB for month of August 2019!

alvino

Reaction score
That's why I'm asking here if anyone using Grid can get 5G. Currently I don't have Grid. I'm using M1 and MyRepublic , able to get 5G on my Mi 10 Pro. Thinking to port M1 over to try if Grid can get 5g
Don’t bother la. 4G on m1 already so slow usually not more than 30-50mbps at full reception out in the open, you’re not gonna get much speed off it.

My friend tested his 5g on m1 usually it’s same speed at 4G also about 30-50mbps

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don’t bother la. 4G on m1 already so slow usually not more than 30-50mbps at full reception out in the open, you’re not gonna get much speed off it.

My friend tested his 5g on m1 usually it’s same speed at 4G also about 30-50mbps
Not only M1 5G is similar to 4G. Starhub too, not just M1.

Take note that 5G in Singapore now are all NSA and not SA Standalone network. Standalone network are still building in progress.

NSA are using existing 4G infra and upgrade software to support 5G. Hence why speeds on 5G is similar to 4G for starhub and m1

alvino

Reaction score
Not only M1 5G is similar to 4G. Starhub too, not just M1.

Take note that 5G in Singapore now are all NSA and not SA Standalone network. Standalone network are still building in progress.

NSA are using existing 4G infra and upgrade software to support 5G. Hence why speeds on 5G is similar to 4G for starhub and m1

Oh ok. Then you no point going any telcos with 5g right? Heheh

Kitaro9202

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Grid not bad at ubi car workshop my m1 internet is 3g+ while grid can see video and surf net at 4g+ speed

alvino

Reaction score
Wow. Where's the location? In shopping mall or on the streets? That's almost pre 5G speed

400 is very fast for 4G+
It never happen to me using Singtel
yeah generally its 100+200+mbps. my place at queenstown can easily do 200+ to 300+ mbps.

i was seeking to crack my record i did almost 17gb of data just to run speed test!!! ahaha silly things i do

I test even how i hold the phone and the way the phone and where pointing at as well, they all make difference to the speedtest results, even certain servers are just faster than others(note: its not singtel's own server)

i did it in wee hours of the morning like 6+am, and drove to Singtel Telecom building opp that winsland building then point towards telecom building(was assuming HQ should have the best equipment and speed etc)

to get that speed, i got to find and test many times to "estimate" the general direction of the cell towers tilting off 3-5 degree can drop 100mbps in my tests etc etc.

almost felt like im from IMDA doing locational network testing. after i ran out of data, i use my wife's phone(ipx on gridmobile) to test, its achieving the same speed as well.

below are the speedtest screen shot after my trial and errors almost hitting 500mbps. if not people say i NPNT :D

MHKB0EI.png

waa6myT.png

Last edited:

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah generally its 100+200+mbps. my place at queenstown can easily do 200+ to 300+ mbps.

i was seeking to crack my record i did almost 17gb of data just to run speed test!!! ahaha silly things i do

I test even how i hold the phone and the way the phone and where pointing at as well, they all make difference to the speedtest results, even certain servers are just faster than others(note: its not singtel's own server)

i did it in wee hours of the morning like 6+am, and drove to Singtel Telecom building opp that winsland building then point towards telecom building(was assuming HQ should have the best equipment and speed etc)

to get that speed, i got to find and test many times to "estimate" the general direction of the cell towers tilting off 3-5 degree can drop 100mbps in my tests etc etc.

almost felt like im from IMDA doing locational network testing. after i ran out of data, i use my wife's phone(ipx on gridmobile) to test, its achieving the same speed as well.

below are the speedtest screen shot after my trial and errors almost hitting 500mbps. if not people say i NPNT :D

MHKB0EI.png

waa6myT.png

Nice. Sounds like what a network site engineer will do

SibehHL

Reaction score

Can advise which phone you are using, just being curious.

Me using the older iPhone 6SP & 7P can never get any download speed of 200+ on Singtel 4G, average mostly 80-150+ which is already way better than the 8-10Mbps I was getting on one of the Telco. Of course, my tests are random and not as detailed as yours la... :o

alvino

Reaction score

Me using the older iPhone 6SP & 7P can never get any download speed of 200+ on Singtel 4G, average mostly 80-150+ which is already way better than the 8-10Mbps I was getting on one of the Telco. Of course, my tests are random and not as detailed as yours la... :o
Was testing on ipx and ip11pro. If it’s 6s or 7P might be the 4g/LTE radio of older speed range? Not exactly sure.

CPTMiller

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Good speed

Last edited:

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

iPhone 6S/+ only have LTE Cat 6 (2CA, up to 300Mbps down 50Mbps up), while iPhone 7/+ have LTE Cat 9 (3CA, up to 450Mbps down 50Mbps up).

SingTel LTE have like 5 LTE bands, LTE Band 1/3/7/38 can do up to 4CA (+256QAM and 4x4 MIMO), and Band 8 for coverage (no CA).

Of course it can't beat the Gigabit+ class LTE devices of newer high end phones...

galaxyuser

Reaction score
iPhone 6S/+ only have LTE Cat 6 (2CA, up to 300Mbps down 50Mbps up), while iPhone 7/+ have LTE Cat 9 (3CA, up to 450Mbps down 50Mbps up).

SingTel LTE have like 5 LTE bands, LTE Band 1/3/7/38 can do up to 4CA (+256QAM and 4x4 MIMO), and Band 8 for coverage (no CA).

Of course it can't beat the Gigabit+ class LTE devices of newer high end phones...

Come to CHIJMES Victoria St. 5G is just amazing haha (at least for the download).
Meanwhile, rip 1.2GB used.

6tFWXhR.jpg

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any Grid users here got any 5G signal ? So far users of MVNOs such as MyRepublic, Circles.life, giga are able to get 5G signals and able to get 5G.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.