HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

I have customised a mobile migration plan for my line. Can comment if have better suggestion? Thanks

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ZrE0_Cha0s

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-07-2020, 04:02 PM   #1
Honorary Member

Lightbulb I have customised a mobile migration plan for my line. Can comment if have better suggestion? Thanks

I have customised a mobile migration plan for my line. Can comment if have better suggestion? Thanks.

I have a line, currently under my father's name. Plan is on SingTel Combo 2, no more contract. Intend to change the ownership of the line to me.

I am interested in the StarHub's Giga 5GB plan for its data rollover.

But I understand that MyRepublic offers transfer of ownership without extra fees.

So here is my plan:
1) Sign up for MyRepublic's Lite plan and do the transfer of ownsership at the same time, doing port in.
2) After a while, sign up for Giga and do port in.

Are there any specific days of the month that I need to sign up on so that I need not pay extra subscription fees, or are the fees pro-rated?

What if for my final plan, I wish to start the data cycle day to be on the 1st of the month, as some phones cannot set the data cycle day? So in this case, when should I activate the sim card?

Anything else that I need to take note of in the process of migration?

Thank you in advance.

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Ends 14 Oct 2020. Not applicable to $18 popup plan.
Kiwi8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 12:00 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

next is that u can do transfer of ownership on the same day but im not sure if u need to go to specific shop to do it or any shop. but best u do it while u are still in singtel line/

as for the rest like subscription fees best check with singtel and for start of data cycle 1st on the month is best u check with starhub.

but nowadays most phone can set their data cycle else u can relies on apps to help u.
Kiwi8 likes this.

Last edited by ZrE0_Cha0s; 15-07-2020 at 12:04 AM..
ZrE0_Cha0s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 12:05 AM   #3

next is that u can do transfer of ownership on the same day but im not sure if u need to go to specific shop to do it or any shop.

as for the rest like subscription fees best check with singtel and for start of data cycle 1st on the month is best u check with starhub.

but nowadays most phone can set their data cycle else u can relies on apps to help u.
Post this qn on Giga thread and you may get an answer.
myjunkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
Honorary Member

next is that u can do transfer of ownership on the same day but im not sure if u need to go to specific shop to do it or any shop. but best u do it while u are still in singtel line/

Do u think if I go down to a MyRepublic official store, like the one in AMK Hub, is better?

Cos before going down there, I can get the transfer of ownership forms printed and completed by my father first.

My father need not go there rite? I just need to bring along his NRIC rite?

Does the payment arrangement need to be confirmed at the time of signup also, ie the paying via recurrent deductions by either card or bank account rite?

Mourning Singapore democracy's death due to the 2017 presidential election farce.

If you are signing up to giga mobile plan and need a referral code, you can use my referral code <Ym8UNG>.
Old 15-07-2020, 04:19 PM   #5

Do u think if I go down to a MyRepublic official store, like the one in AMK Hub, is better?

Cos before going down there, I can get the transfer of ownership forms printed and completed by my father first.

My father need not go there rite? I just need to bring along his NRIC rite?

Does the payment arrangement need to be confirmed at the time of signup also, ie the paying via recurrent deductions by either card or bank account rite?
Preferably their main store. I recall someone mentioning that some stores aren't equipped with physical SIM card to issue on the spot.

You can try to bring the form. If they don't accept without your father being present, you can submit via email for processing. But I think another form must be completed if you were to collect the SIM card already.

Payment is strictly by card. No Bank GIRO. They will collect your card details on sign up via the web portal on their device.

Last edited by youhsueh; 15-07-2020 at 04:21 PM..
youhsueh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 04:25 PM   #6
Honorary Member

Preferably their main store. I recall someone mentioning that some stores aren't equipped with physical SIM card to issue on the spot.

You can try to bring the form. If they don't accept without your father being present, you can submit via email for processing. But I think another form must be completed if you were to collect the SIM card already.

Payment is strictly by card. No Bank GIRO. They will collect your card details on sign up via the web portal on their device.
I see... so might be better to just sign up online rite?

As for the form, I will just have to print out, fill in the particulars, then get my father to sign, then scan the form and send by email rite?

Old 15-07-2020, 06:16 PM   #7

I see... so might be better to just sign up online rite?

As for the form, I will just have to print out, fill in the particulars, then get my father to sign, then scan the form and send by email rite?
It depends on personal preference. But, if you were to sign up online, you have to pay a $3.21 delivery fee.

As for the forms and the instructions:
I do see that you also asked about the billing cycle for giga. giga billing cycle follows the activation date (i.e. the date and time you click the activate button on the giga app).

So if you want your usage to reset on the 1st of each month at 12:00am, you have to activate your SIM card on the 1st at exactly 12:00am. If you were to activate on 1st at 3:00pm, your billing cycle and usage will reset on 1st of each month at 3:00pm.

Select your delivery date a few days before the 1st of the month if you want it that way.
Old 15-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #8
Honorary Member

It depends on personal preference. But, if you were to sign up online, you have to pay a $3.21 delivery fee.

As for the forms and the instructions:
I do see that you also asked about the billing cycle for giga. giga billing cycle follows the activation date (i.e. the date and time you click the activate button on the giga app).

So if you want your usage to reset on the 1st of each month at 12:00am, you have to activate your SIM card on the 1st at exactly 12:00am. If you were to activate on 1st at 3:00pm, your billing cycle and usage will reset on 1st of each month at 3:00pm.

Select your delivery date a few days before the 1st of the month if you want it that way.
What about the data cycle of MyRepublic? How to set to 1st of the month? Sign up and request?

I probably can stay on the MR Lite for a while before deciding whether to migrate again to Giga.

Priority now is to change ownership, I suppose.

Old 15-07-2020, 09:14 PM   #9

What about the data cycle of MyRepublic? How to set to 1st of the month? Sign up and request?

I probably can stay on the MR Lite for a while before deciding whether to migrate again to Giga.

Priority now is to change ownership, I suppose.
Do check out the MR MVNO thread as this has been discussed several times.

Set your delivery date/self collect at the MR physical stores on the 29/30/31/01 of the month and it will reset on the 1st of each month.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.