iNO One non-camera smart phone

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
it is a solid phone, especially before the camera phone ban was lifted. to me, this phone is for calling, sms and at most surf the net, leave games and music for psp or itouch.

why you need extra battery? after bmt, in unit can charge until you happy. during bmt, I dont think you have time to surf too much, just leave it and it can last 1 week for sure. not sure if they sell spare batts

but ytd i was reading thru this thread from page 1 i see like the phone gt alot problem leh. still need root etc to solve it

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but ytd i was reading thru this thread from page 1 i see like the phone gt alot problem leh. still need root etc to solve it

No problem to me leh. I didn't root also. Biggest problem is battery. This is one of the better non cam phone you can get already.

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No problem to me leh. I didn't root also. Biggest problem is battery. This is one of the better non cam phone you can get already.
ic.cause was deciding between this and HUAWEI Honor Non-Cam. or shld i just get cam phone? since cam phone are allow?

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ic.cause was deciding between this and HUAWEI Honor Non-Cam. or shld i just get cam phone? since cam phone are allow?

As a recruit, yes non-cam phones no problem. But you have to think far. What if your posting after BMT is some camp that haven't been cleared yet? When that happens you either have to secretly use or change another phone.

Both phones are okay imo. Honor can be slightly expensive and the process of getting the "certified camera removed" stick is troublesome especially since you're just a recruit. iNo One saves you this trouble.

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As a recruit, yes non-cam phones no problem. But you have to think far. What if your posting after BMT is some camp that haven't been cleared yet? When that happens you either have to secretly use or change another phone.

Both phones are okay imo. Honor can be slightly expensive and the process of getting the "certified camera removed" stick is troublesome especially since you're just a recruit. iNo One saves you this trouble.

ic.if i buy INO i dun mind getting ard 2 extra batt which can let me use during NS roh.of cus i know buying non cam de would be safer also la.cause after posting.now still not all the camp allow cam phone.

since i gt 1 more year+ den go NS.if i buy this.do you think it can last me till i after NS?

i heard rumours INO two is coming out soon?

cy

Reaction score
Wait until nearer your enlistment date then buy. Let us pioneer users iron out e bugs first.

Maybe by that time, maybe got INo 5? Still 1 year plus so no need to worry about such things lah......

Reaction score
Just bought the phone today 268 + 20 for 2 casings and 2 screen protectors.

Apple user here, totally noob on android, any must get apps / software that I should install to make the phone better?

Last edited:

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wait until nearer your enlistment date then buy. Let us pioneer users iron out e bugs first.

Maybe by that time, maybe got INo 5? Still 1 year plus so no need to worry about such things lah......
i try tong lor.cause now i using spare phone and spoiling.keep ownself take picture :s22: :s13:

Asphodeli

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i try tong lor.cause now i using spare phone and spoiling.keep ownself take picture :s22: :s13:

Can get a cheap china phone rather than iNO for your current stage in life, or from 7-11 (though not android). By the time you enlist, probably a better version will be out. :)

TheCaffeEspresso

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can get a cheap china phone rather than iNO for your current stage in life, or from 7-11 (though not android). By the time you enlist, probably a better version will be out. :)

but if i get a cui 7-11 phone.den i every month paying 3g contract fee.lol

JetStorm

Reaction score
Does anyone find the volume too loud even at the lowest setting? I was trying out the radio with ear phones and it was blasting. Anyway to turn the volume down even lower?

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello Everyone, we have managed to help ease the usage of battery.
Bring your phone to our office together with your box, warranty card, and receipt. Make sure you have enough free time.

We found out that the Kernel of the phone has set the CPU governor to Performance mode, which locks the CPU to 1000MHz, it will not reduce while the governor is in this mode.

Unfortunately, as the source codes for the Kernel are closed, we cannot compile a fix in house. So, we have decided to do something for all our iNO One customers.

1. Roll back all firmware to 1.0.1
-a- Volume Name for USB Storage and SD Card is untouched
-b- It still has Google Talk

2. Patch all fixes
-a- Google Location Services (POSB/DBS Apps Force Close Issue)
-b- LatinIME.apk (Fix Underline under words as Dictionary is corrupted)
-c- Remove LatinIME.odex (Remove Android Upgrading Window at startup)
-d- Replace GoogleQuickSearchBox.apk (No longer defaults to google.com.hk instead, uses google.com which is a dynamic routing GeoIP domain)

3. Root the Phone and Install SetCPU
In order to change Kernel functions, administrator rights is required, so rooting is required. This will allow us to change Governor to Ondemand.
This will allow CPU to dynamically change frequency from 166MHz, 250MHz, 500MHz and 1000MHz + Deep Sleep.

To the more experienced customers that mod their phones, please contact aaron@inomobile.com.sg for the files, you will need to use ADB to push them into the phone.

We are also aware of the following Kernel issues:
1) Hardware Encoder/Decoder causes choppy audio.
2) Wi-Fi is not Fat Channel Band tolerant. Will not work with Access Points that uses 20MHz / 40MHz channel.

For overseas customers, please await patiently for an official firmware, it is in the works.

The next on my priority is Google Play Services.

Anybody going? How much of a difference will the above make?

sean29

Reaction score
I think if the setCPU is only thing that is need to tweak then we mine as well root the phone on the current 1.0.4 firmware, change the settings on setCPU and the rest is just minor probs. Better than losing your apps and having to reinstall them again. I am using swiftkey keyboard, very good keyboard so far.

sephunr

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think if the setCPU is only thing that is need to tweak then we mine as well root the phone on the current 1.0.4 firmware, change the settings on setCPU and the rest is just minor probs. Better than losing your apps and having to reinstall them again. I am using swiftkey keyboard, very good keyboard so far.

I'm thinking the same thing as well. Nvm let's wait for some of the guys to try it out first :o

sean29

Reaction score
I have rooted the phone on 1.0.4 and gone onto setCPU and adjusted the settings to govenor ondemand 166-1000. Rebooted the phone, calibrated the battery, transferred apps to SD, switched off LED wakelock, updated GO Power Master and set to General Save mode.

Since 3PM to 11PM (7 Hours), on 3G Dual Sim On, Playing battlefriends once in a while and occasional whatsapping with MP3 listening. Battery life dropped 100% to 51%.

Definitely better battery performance than the erratic one I had a few days back where battery life drops from 100% to 42% in 6 hours of low usage (6am to 12pm).

Still lots more testing to do, will keep you folks posted. For now, those who willing to plunge into rooting and tweaking the cpu settings, go ahead (Y)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.