HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 Data Passport problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2017, 09:26 AM   #31
Supremacy Member

Actually it's not M1 fault, I have been in ph for quite awhile already. PH telcos , globe in this case, provides services on a as-it-is basis. Services in pinoy land can go down, change and have all sorts of shiet happening for no reason and explanation.

Sent from ╭(╯ε╰)╮ using GAGT
But the weird thing is that, after I complained to M1, my main line now has somewhat stable 4G. But my wife line, still always 3G only. Even we are side by side same area, my phone 4G max signal, hers still 3G.. tried reset phone, reset network setting, manually choose network and make sure data roaming 4G enabled, still getting 3G. Damn frustrating.
MoDiE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 02:05 PM   #32

These have been my issues exactly. I hardly ever get 4G in Indonesia. 3G if lucky. Last week I got about 30 seconds of 4G in Jakarta but quickly went to 3G.

I don't think the M1 website says it will be 4G. Just says use abroad. So maybe they get cheaper rate by limiting to 3G only. Anyway it's not as good as advertised to me.

But the weird thing is that, after I complained to M1, my main line now has somewhat stable 4G. But my wife line, still always 3G only. Even we are side by side same area, my phone 4G max signal, hers still 3G.. tried reset phone, reset network setting, manually choose network and make sure data roaming 4G enabled, still getting 3G. Damn frustrating.
Cashew_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:38 PM   #33

i used m1 data passport in vietnam and cambodia. it was a disappointment.

the local partners were weak which covered only city areas. outside city becomes no signal.

in vietnam it was even worse, i could not connect to the local at all.

completely waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
john_ric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 10:50 PM   #34
Arch-Supremacy Member

It's a charge rate conversion facility.
If you think it doesn't function the way you desire, you can turn it off and just pay full rate like it will make any difference to the transmission.
wherehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 09:35 AM   #35
High Supremacy Member

i used m1 data passport in vietnam and cambodia. it was a disappointment.

the local partners were weak which covered only city areas. outside city becomes no signal.

in vietnam it was even worse, i could not connect to the local at all.

completely waste of money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Question is, does their local telco cover outside of city? If its a no, M1 also cant do anything as decision lies with local telco on providing coverage?? M1 is just riding along their lines for the data.

I think mypassport is good for developed countries. For non-developed countries, can try getting sim card frm qoo10. Eg, for bkk 8 days, passport charge $10+$2. I buy sim card from qoo10 at $5.90 nia. Buy more and can get better discounts thus reducing individual pricing. Compared to korea simcard at $1x, it may be more worth to use passport.
shadow84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 06:05 PM   #36
Supremacy Member

I fully understand that it’s dependent on the local telco coverage in the country that you are in. However I cannot accept that major city area, international airport and main shopping malls NO 4G? Cannot be right.. what’s worst is after I complained, at major shopping mall, my phone has stable 4G and my wife beside me only 3G no matter how try also no 4G for her... really crap.
Old 12-01-2018, 06:47 PM   #37
Master Member

I fully understand that it’s dependent on the local telco coverage in the country that you are in. However I cannot accept that major city area, international airport and main shopping malls NO 4G? Cannot be right.. what’s worst is after I complained, at major shopping mall, my phone has stable 4G and my wife beside me only 3G no matter how try also no 4G for her... really crap.
Depends on your phone actually. The device may not be compatible with the roaming 4G bands in the country, that's why you only have 3G.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:32 PM   #38
Supremacy Member

Depends on your phone actually. The device may not be compatible with the roaming 4G bands in the country, that's why you only have 3G.
Check liao. M1 same LTE band as in Ph.. 2600Mhz band. And iPhone 7 and 7 Plus supports it... 100% chop. And my phone after I complain have 4G. My wife phone 4G for like once or twice for 2 weeks there.

Old 13-01-2018, 06:00 AM   #39
Arch-Supremacy Member

Check liao. M1 same LTE band as in Ph.. 2600Mhz band. And iPhone 7 and 7 Plus supports it... 100% chop. And my phone after I complain have 4G. My wife phone 4G for like once or twice for 2 weeks there.

Are you saying that PH local users around you on same MNO have LTE but you don't.
Old 13-01-2018, 09:42 AM   #40
Master Member

Maybe is M1 contact Globe to force 4G on your number. Dk la, so weird.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-2018, 05:01 PM   #41
Arch-Supremacy Member

Sapork. Lol
Old 13-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #42
Master Member

Interesting answer if correct.

Alternately the limit to use 4G is up, next user would be 3G.
User should test on this.. haha.
But then again may allowed one per user account if both on same acct.

Foreign Telco is like Guest.
Priority is not there.
So a complain may work.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-2018, 02:01 AM   #43
Supremacy Member

Are you saying that PH local users around you on same MNO have LTE but you don't.
Yes. Exactly.
Old 14-01-2018, 10:28 AM   #44
Arch-Supremacy Member

But that does not make sense from a radio standpoint unless the host has limited the number of lte user device per radio/node?
Still doesn't make sense…
Old 25-01-2018, 06:39 PM   #45

Possible Workaround to push H or H+ to 4G or 4G+!

Hey everyone so I just wanna share something I did that worked for me when I used M1 Data Passport while in Japan. (Disclaimer: I tried this on my Samsung Galaxy Note8 which has Dual SIM capability.)

Ever wonder how to boost the data strength from HSPA or HSDPA network to 4G or LTE-Advanced? Well here's a workaround, spefically for Samsung phones only.

Do this only after you have correctly set up the proper APN profile if necessary.

Now do the following steps:

1. Open "Phone". Enter *#2263#. SERVICEMODE should pop up.
2. For dual-sim models, SERVICEMODE gives two options: STACK 1 or STACK 2. If you inserted your targeted SIM card into SIM 1, select STACK 1. If SIM 2 then select STACK 2.
3. Now another panel should appear showing a few options, the top few being Band Selection, HSPA Setting, and Band Disable. Select HSPA Setting.
4. A new panel will now appear. 6 options should rightfully appear, namely R4 Only, HSDPA, HSUPA, HSPA_REL7, HSPA_REL8 and HSPA_REL9. Select HSPA_REL8 and you're good to go, you will either have 4G or 4G+ depending on the overseas telco (note: this depends on whether the overseas telco has implemented 4G coverage). If this fails, select HSPA_REL7 or HSPA_REL9.

This series of steps might work for single-SIM Samsung phones. It may work with other Android phones but the code to launch this SERVICEMODE may differ across phone brands.

Hope this helped a few people. Just a tip from a small contributor which is me.

Last edited by galaxyuser; 25-01-2018 at 06:44 PM..
galaxyuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.