HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

M1 Data Passport problems

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2017, 09:53 AM   #1

M1 Data Passport problems

So I subscribed to M1 Data Passport for Indonesia for $10 which allows you to use your local Singapore data allowance in Indonesia. When I get to Jakarta it rarely locks on to the local network and when it does by iPhone only connects to 3G. I cannot get any data through 3G. Things like WhatsApp don't work.

Next week I go Bangkok so I subscribed to M1 ASEAN Data Passport which is similar but covers many ASEAN countries. Same problem. When locked on to the local network get 3G only which does not allow data.

Is it M1 fault, local telco fault, or my phone setting? My iPhone data roaming switched on. Carrier selection auto. Always activate Data Passport before I travel. This is annoying because I travel lot for my job and chose M1 because of Data Passport.
Cashew_Nut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 10:35 AM   #2
Supremacy Member

Did u enabled m1 app data roam ? Beside your iphone one
Old 28-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #3
Master Member

You should select Carrier as manual. It could be because you’re not using the preferred network (e.g. Telkomsel / TrueMove-H / AIS) that’s why network lock is in operation and no data will go through.

Indonesia: Indosat (2G/3G) & XL (2G/3G/4G)
Thailand: DTAC (2G/3G/4G)
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 01:38 PM   #4

I subscribed for Data Passport on M1 app.

Always use the preferred local network
Old 28-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #5
Master Member

Maybe should do restart the phone in the airport.
As to see the 4G signal able to connect in airport locations.
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 03:51 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

By right m1 will auto set to the preferred network as it got network lock but if can't work u need go to manual way like bro Seng advice
Old 28-10-2017, 04:39 PM   #7

Have tried most things like reset, switch on /off etc. Always use the correct local network. But always just get 3G data
Old 28-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #8
Supremacy Member

So I subscribed to M1 Data Passport for Indonesia for $10 which allows you to use your local Singapore data allowance in Indonesia. When I get to Jakarta it rarely locks on to the local network and when it does by iPhone only connects to 3G. I cannot get any data through 3G. Things like WhatsApp don't work.

Next week I go Bangkok so I subscribed to M1 ASEAN Data Passport which is similar but covers many ASEAN countries. Same problem. When locked on to the local network get 3G only which does not allow data.

Is it M1 fault, local telco fault, or my phone setting? My iPhone data roaming switched on. Carrier selection auto. Always activate Data Passport before I travel. This is annoying because I travel lot for my job and chose M1 because of Data Passport.
Used in Hongkong, no problem.
qhong61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 09:06 PM   #9
Master Member

Have tried most things like reset, switch on /off etc. Always use the correct local network. But always just get 3G data
Then you should call M1 to ask for refund of the Data Passport if you can’t use data properly most of the time. Maybe they’ll do so.
lohsenglte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 11:19 PM   #10
Supremacy Member

If din manage to use the data passport at all. Can try to get m1 to waive your charges
FireHobbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2017, 11:47 PM   #11
Master Member

Here you said only got 3G data, first post said 3G cannot get data so what is it actually? You want data in 4g is it?
lifeishard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 12:15 AM   #12
Master Member

I've been using data passport in several countries including indonesia, thailand, new zealand, china, japan etc without any issues connecting to their 4G network.

Could it be that you set "Enable 4G" as Off? can't seem to think of any other reason besides what the others have suggested above.
czheyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2017, 04:52 PM   #13
Master Member

Some phones may have such issue.
For example, there do have some complain by iPhone users on this 3G only.
Hence most likely it could due to the settings.
For roaming it could depend on their roaming partners, as some may purposely provide 4G for their own customers.
Just saying ...
eric3743 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2017, 07:55 AM   #14

The phone screen states "3G" but no data come through ever. Won't ever pick up 4G which is what I want.

Here you said only got 3G data, first post said 3G cannot get data so what is it actually? You want data in 4g is it?
Old 30-10-2017, 07:56 AM   #15

I think this most likely. Combination of low priority data for us and maybe poor reception.

Some phones may have such issue.
For example, there do have some complain by iPhone users on this 3G only.
Hence most likely it could due to the settings.
For roaming it could depend on their roaming partners, as some may purposely provide 4G for their own customers.
Just saying ...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.