LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #1

Mini Review-Softbank Sharp Aquos 007SH

DSC_0456 by Speedknight, on Flickr-Flip opened, twisted

DSC_0458 by Speedknight, on Flickr-Front view,closed

DSC_0463 by Speedknight, on Flickr-back view

DSC_0464 by Speedknight, on Flickr-front view,screen side up

DSC_0475 by Speedknight, on Flickr- closed, docked
Prolly HWZ's most otaku mod XD |Speedknight.com:-Capturing the Photographic Memories of Singapore's Japanese Sub(pop)culture Events & More.|Speed is a wonderful servant but a deadly master| A moment of Stupidity,A lifetime of regrets

Last edited by speedknight; 13-08-2011 at 03:16 PM..
speedknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2011, 03:03 PM   #2

DSC_0465 by Speedknight, on Flickr-keypads

DSC_0466 by Speedknight, on Flickr-left side view

DSC_0467 by Speedknight, on Flickr-right side view

DSC_0468 by Speedknight, on Flickr-bottom side view

DSC_0469 by Speedknight, on Flickr-top side view

DSC_0470 by Speedknight, on Flickr-open ,gripped
Prolly HWZ's most otaku mod XD |Speedknight.com:-Capturing the Photographic Memories of Singapore's Japanese Sub(pop)culture Events & More.|Speed is a wonderful servant but a deadly master| A moment of Stupidity,A lifetime of regrets

Last edited by speedknight; 13-08-2011 at 03:14 PM..
Old 13-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #3

Last edited by speedknight; 26-08-2011 at 12:32 AM..
Old 13-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #4

Last edited by speedknight; 19-08-2011 at 11:12 AM..
Old 13-08-2011, 03:15 PM   #5

Screen-4.5/5
Being a Mobile-ASV panel(Thanks haonan for correcting =D) the sharpness and color contrast of the screen is nothing less then amazing,bright and sharp even under sunlight,176 deg viewing angel.
If it is in 3D Mode obviously the view angel is limited by the in-built polarizer.

UI-4/5
Nothing fancy here,just simple plain and nice,user friendly also.

Responsiveness-4.5/5
This phone seem to fly through with minimal lag, if i am not wrong this phone is powered by a 2nd generation Snapdragon processor at 1GHZ.

Battery life-3/5
What can you expect from a 820mah battery powering such a phone? i would say based on the capacity its pretty decent to last me one day with some surfing and communication already. I wonder why sharp decided to use such a small capacity cell,maybe its the formfactor of the phone or they wanna keep it light

Camera performance-4/5
16.1 Megapixels that has more Megapixel count than mmy D90,which means on such a small sensor noise is inevitable,but for a camera phone its very amazing already. Video recorded are also pretty good.

Last edited by speedknight; 19-08-2011 at 10:32 AM..
Old 13-08-2011, 09:41 PM   #6

Short and sweet review of the 007SH... Thanks bro! I guess the only downside of this phone is the battery life and not being able to use 3G. =/

For now... i think the china Sharp SH7218U is still the best option so far. Hope the android flips will go to docomo too =P
Old 15-08-2011, 11:20 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member

Screen-4.5/5
Being a IPS the sharpness and color contrast of the screen is nothing less then amazing,bright and sharp even under sunlight,178 deg viewing angel.
If it is in 3D Mode obviously the view angel is limited by the in-built polarizer.
Interesting review there, thanks for sharing with us speedknight. But I thought maybe I should clear up and clarify some misinformation posted here, as Sharp handsets whether they are made/sold by NTT Docomo/Softbank/au KDDI, Sharp has never coupled any IPS panel displays for their own handsets as they do manufacture their own AQUOS LCD panels/Mobile-ASV panels natively in Japan, and the ones utilised in 007SH are known as their Mobile-ASV panels, or more specifically New Mobile-ASV displays, to differentiate between their newer and older produced prototypes. (included a chart below for everyone's reading benefit)

In fact, according to their own press release for the Sharp 007SH, the 007SH model is using a variant of the Mobile-ASV display that only reproduces only up to 65k colors (and viewing angles is only up to 176-degrees, not 178 as stated by speedknight), as opposed to the 16.7 million colors displays usually used in their earlier handsets. My belief is because as these newer 2011 handsets are having the 2D/3D switchable support for their display screens, there's this hardware limitation built into it, which may be lifted in future variants.

Old 16-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #8

Hello. Can you tell me, if there is no possibility to use 3G, is it possible to stay online via wi-fi? Does internet works through GPRS?
Does GPS works? Will it works, if I install the navigation program?
Thank you.
Tolstyak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2011, 05:27 PM   #9
High Supremacy Member

possible to use 3g and still yet receive calls.
but then , u have to on your msn all the time.
and it a strain on the battery life.

[U]disclaimer notice[/U][/B]
[COLOR="Red"]1)all phone are meant for personal usage & collection only
2)the phone above are not meant for local usage & is only meant for re-export purpose only.
3) all part of the my internet chat are meant for chatting purpose only & is not to be taken seriously[/COLOR]
johnsonheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2011, 10:41 AM   #10

Short and sweet review of the 007SH... Thanks bro! I guess the only downside of this phone is the battery life and not being able to use 3G. =/

For now... i think the china Sharp SH7218U is still the best option so far. Hope the android flips will go to docomo too =P
I'm eyeing the 7218U too. But...

1. 600hmz means no Flash support. Can watch Youtube or not using Youtube app?

2. Is HSDPA enabled?
apostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 10:35 AM   #11

Interesting review there, thanks for sharing with us speedknight. But I thought maybe I should clear up and clarify some misinformation posted here, as Sharp handsets whether they are made/sold by NTT Docomo/Softbank/au KDDI, Sharp has never coupled any IPS panel displays for their own handsets as they do manufacture their own AQUOS LCD panels/Mobile-ASV panels natively in Japan, and the ones utilised in 007SH are known as their Mobile-ASV panels, or more specifically New Mobile-ASV displays, to differentiate between their newer and older produced prototypes. (included a chart below for everyone's reading benefit)

In fact, according to their own press release for the Sharp 007SH, the 007SH model is using a variant of the Mobile-ASV display that only reproduces only up to 65k colors (and viewing angles is only up to 176-degrees, not 178 as stated by speedknight), as opposed to the 16.7 million colors displays usually used in their earlier handsets. My belief is because as these newer 2011 handsets are having the 2D/3D switchable support for their display screens, there's this hardware limitation built into it, which may be lifted in future variants.

Thanks for the correction bro updated everything

Q1:Hello. Can you tell me, if there is no possibility to use 3G, is it possible to stay online via wi-fi? Does internet works through GPRS?
Q2oes GPS works? Will it works, if I install the navigation program?
Thank you.

Q1:Yes and is mention in the video
Q2: Yes it work.

Old 19-08-2011, 01:02 PM   #12
Master Member

Can I ask if the phone will reboot due to network. Is the hypersim stable?
edchys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2011, 03:21 PM   #13

@bro speedknight, how's the MMS working so far?
apostrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2011, 02:45 AM   #14

Can i ask where to get this phone? and how much it cost?
Old 20-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #15

much more stable compared to my F-06B

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.