most valued prepaid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
English damn jialat, I think i'll help the rest to rephrase the above if i'm not wrong.

$7 for 1GB for 7days. But if you cannot finish the 1GB by the end of 7days, you can actually roll over instead of subscribing another "$7-1GB-7days" plan. So to "cheat" this system, you have to buy the "$1-10MB-7days" plan to rollover that 1GB you haven't finish.

Correct?
Correct, have been doing this.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm thinking of signing a 2-year m1 mdata value+ @ S$12 per month for 2GB with the free wifi modem

take out the sim and use inside my old Samsung galaxy s but have to pay additional charges for phone calls and sms which i seldom use

is anyone doing this now?

think it is quite troublesome to top-up every 7 days and my 2G starhub edge very slow and quite expensive S$20 per 30 days

tried it as i have S$50 accumulated balance for 5 years but was quite disappointed with the 2G sim card speed

a bit puzzled why Telco don't have a sim only plan with 3GB data bundled with 30 mins talktime and 50 sms at the price of S$15

why are they bundling more sms and talktime and less data, feel its a waste to subscribe when most of the sms and talktime never use :(
If you use less than 1GB per month, 1GB cost $10 for 28 days on singtel prepaid.

Can roll over remaining balance by buying 10MB for $1(extend expiry date by 7 days)

Do note that singtel seems to have a 2Mbps cap on prepaid cards as I cannot get over 2Mbps even in ulu places.

Cloudi

Reaction score
Mach3.2 do i have to wait for 7 days to activate the 10mb or can i activate all in day one?

uncle168

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
port my balance into a 3G sim which cost $8 at starhub today

going to use up the balance then switch to singtel hi card

find m1 and starhub data very expensive compared to singtel

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If you use less than 1GB per month, 1GB cost $10 for 28 days on singtel prepaid.

Can roll over remaining balance by buying 10MB for $1(extend expiry date by 7 days)

Do note that singtel seems to have a 2Mbps cap on prepaid cards as I cannot get over 2Mbps even in ulu places.

Can I check with you what the call and sms value is like? Or is plan only for data? I mean I need only minimal call and sms access.

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I check with you what the call and sms value is like? Or is plan only for data? I mean I need only minimal call and sms access.
Not sure about calls as I rarely make and receive calls, SMS is at 5cents/SMS. After 10 SMSes you get unlimited SMS for the day only.

alchemist_acid

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if i roughly use 1GB every 2mths, I can

7-Day Value 1GB Data $7
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1

1GB+70MB for 56 days @ $14? :o

purchase the normal $10 or $20 top up will do?
can also get 10/20 days of free incoming respectively right?:o

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so if i roughly use 1GB every 2mths, I can

7-Day Value 1GB Data $7
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1

1GB+70MB for 56 days @ $14? :o

purchase the normal $10 or $20 top up will do?
can also get 10/20 days of free incoming respectively right?:o
Correct.

Will only deduct from main balance so buy the normal cards, not the hot55 etc.

VertigoIV

Reaction score
Anyone know how does m1 prepaid data works?
Is the data cap fixed? Unlike singtel/starhub where you can choose how many gb you need and deduct from the main balance? :s11:

Tortoise

Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

I'm on a multi-sim with Singtel so my wife can use data for whatsapp n FB...

Now I'm thinking I can just get her to use pre-paid.

I have just 2 main questions:

1 - Sorry for the dumb question but I don't see the 7 day 10mb @ $1 on the Singtel website anywhere. Am I correct to then assume I can get this in 7-Eleven or AXS machine?

2 - Also, what happens to the data validity if I then add the 7 day 1Gb @ $7 if I already have no more data... but am still under the timing validity.

eg. I buy:
1 x 7 day 1Gb @ $7
25 x 7 day 10mb @ $1

so that is 1.25Gb for 6mths (roughly)

then say at the 4th month, she runs out of data,

I buy another 1 x 7 day 1gb @ $7, will the validity of the 1gb be for that 7 days or till the end of the original 6mth period + 7 days?

Thanks so much!

=)

Last edited:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info!

I'm on a multi-sim with Singtel so my wife can use data for whatsapp n FB...

Now I'm thinking I can just get her to use pre-paid.

I have just 2 main questions:

1 - Sorry for the dumb question but I don't see the 7 day 10mb @ $1 on the Singtel website anywhere. Am I correct to then assume I can get this in 7-Eleven or AXS machine?

2 - Also, what happens to the data validity if I then add the 7 day 1Gb @ $7 if I already have no more data... but am still under the timing validity.

eg. I buy:
1 x 7 day 1Gb @ $7
25 x 7 day 10mb @ $1

so that is 1.25Gb for 6mths (roughly)

then say at the 4th month, she runs out of data,

I buy another 1 x 7 day 1gb @ $7, will the validity of the 1gb be for that 7 days or till the end of the original 6mth period + 7 days?

Thanks so much!

=)
I have never depleted my data account, but logically speaking, it should hold the original expiry date + additional 7days.

Do note that once your data account is depleted, it will start charging your main balance, so do remember to keep your data account filled.

To sub to the data pack, dial *363 in the dialer, they should send you a SMS shortly.

Tortoise

Reaction score
Also does this data work for use in iPhones?

I seem to only be getting 2G =(

Maybe I am on an older SIM card... doh.

Last edited:

isuzui

Reaction score
Which prepaid sim card offered the fastest internet?

I'll kind of goggled myself and found that only M1 prepaid sim card have 4G/LTE while Singtel & Starhub are only 3G the most.
And which is most value for money for data plan?

Hope kind souls here can help :)

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The details are all available on all the telco's website, you have to do your own research.

That being said, Singtel prepaid's 3g seems to be capped at 2Mbps.

ksrokiller

Master Member
Reaction score
will this plan work for singtel prepaid?

7-Day Ultimate 14GB Data $25
7-Day Value 10MB Data $1

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.