most valued prepaid card

Status
Not open for further replies.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
M1 "local data" can be used in 5nos overseas locations, namely Taiwan, Malaysia, Indonesia, Macau & Hong Kong. No subscription required. Make sure you turn on roaming using the M1 Prepaid App.
I don't think so, throughout my recent trips to Taiwan and Msia, I got to purchase the data roam before departure...

Sent from Xiaomi MI MAX 3 using GAGT

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
I don't think so, throughout my recent trips to Taiwan and Msia, I got to purchase the data roam before departure...

Paid data roam is only for extra destination
There are free one like Malaysia and Taiwan lol....
If nothings changed, starhub roaming selection is the best.

https://www.m1.com.sg/travel/going-overseas/Prepaid-roaming?redirectionurl=#letsGetStarted

Roam

LIKE YOU'RE AT HOME

Wanna roam for free? Now you can! Just bring along your local data to use in Malaysia, Indonesia, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. It’s that easy!

But if you can't be convinced then continue paying for it :)

SibehHL

Reaction score

I have been using the M1 $15 Prepaid in Malaysia & Indonesia from Jan last year before the COVID thing prevent any travel.

Just buy the card, insert into phone, turn on roaming on prepaid phone app and it works straight away without any need to purchase data plan.

The card provides 4GB (30 days) and 4GB (120 days). The $15 remains in the main wallet for further purchase of data for 5th & 6th Month after the 4GB runs out on 120 days.

luei74

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Paid data roam is only for extra destination
There are free one like Malaysia and Taiwan lol....
If nothings changed, starhub roaming selection is the best.

But if you can't be convinced then continue paying for it :)

I have been using the M1 $15 Prepaid in Malaysia & Indonesia from Jan last year before the COVID thing prevent any travel.

Just buy the card, insert into phone, turn on roaming on prepaid phone app and it works straight away without any need to purchase data plan.

The card provides 4GB (30 days) and 4GB (120 days). The $15 remains in the main wallet for further purchase of data for 5th & 6th Month after the 4GB runs out on 120 days.

looks like I got false info when checking with the cso:(

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
looks like I got false info when checking with the cso:(

There are still people can't overwrite their mindset that data usage overseas need to pay extra. If you want powerful and fast speed for Instagram etc then get their local sim card better
But next time can try starhub much more countries to use:s13:

If you are travelling to Happy Roam destinations - Australia, China, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Macau, Malaysia, Philippines, New Zealand, South Korea, Taiwan, Thailand, UK or USA, you can surf with Singapore data plans at no data roaming charges. For more details, visit Happy Roam

Last edited:

SibehHL

Reaction score
There are still people can't overwrite their mindset that data usage overseas need to pay extra. If you want powerful and fast speed for Instagram etc then get their local sim card better
But next time can try starhub much more countries to use:s13:

Starhub is good for use in China, giving access to WhatsApp & Google. Speed is also good being connected to China Mobile. But the data is expensive; $25 for 4GB / 4 weeks.

So depending on the destination, one can select either M1 or Starhub Happy Roam.

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah Lao, my port-over-to-M1 plan hit a snag. Castafarian, why din chiu mention? :o

You have to at least buy the cheapest prepaid sim available at point of porting, and the cheapest prepaid sim at M1 shop is the $8 sim. :o
Starhub same too.

I tot can just port over (at no cost) and later I top up/add value on my own. :o
There’s no such thing.

of cos must top up mah, which telco will let u port over for free? :s13:

castafarian

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Starhub is good for use in China, giving access to WhatsApp & Google. Speed is also good being connected to China Mobile. But the data is expensive; $25 for 4GB / 4 weeks.

So depending on the destination, one can select either M1 or Starhub Happy Roam.
so far i only tried SH data roam in JP. no need to buy whatever extra data pack.

thanks for the clarification, folks :)

addict951

High Honorary Member
Reaction score
Btw, hi card users y’all saw the freebies available hor?

Update app and
1. get 500MB when you add your nets card to the app (I added ytd and received the 500MB credit sms just now)
2. Top up using the nets card and get another 500MB

500MB expires after 30 days.

firezblade

Reaction score
I inserted 2x M1 prepaid sim cards into my redmi 8a. sim 1 for calls; sim 2 for data.

Can I know how to switch on call barring for sim 2? Is this setting on the phone or telco side?

I get MODEM_ERR when I tried use *35*1234# to stop incoming calls.

Thanks!

suuhhc

Reaction score
For Singtel hicard, is topping up via house landline 1900 9141488 still work? Long time didn't use this option already.

cymorn

Reaction score
TPG Prepaid plan.

$10 for 50 GB, 300 mins and 1 GB Roaming (selected countries)

I haven't seen this appear on the TPG website yet, but do you all think this will cause a shake up in prepaid pricing? I hope so.

Advertised on en.ocworkbench.com/tpg-launches-prepaid-plan-10-for-50-gb-300-mins-and-1-gb-data-roaming/

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
TPG Prepaid plan.

I haven't seen this appear on the TPG website yet, but do you all think this will cause a shake up in prepaid pricing? I hope so.

Advertised on en.ocworkbench.com/tpg-launches-prepaid-plan-10-for-50-gb-300-mins-and-1-gb-data-roaming/

Importantly is actually the validity. How often needs to top up in order to keep the line active? And after all, same as the postpaid, TPG is still very hard to use as a main line given its poor coverage at MRT undergrounds.

Which telco offer the prepaid card that requires the least amount but with the longest validity before the need to top up?

HoGnix

Reaction score
Importantly is actually the validity. How often needs to top up in order to keep the line active? And after all, same as the postpaid, TPG is still very hard to use as a main line given its poor coverage at MRT undergrounds.

Which telco offer the prepaid card that requires the least amount but with the longest validity before the need to top up?

Singtel Prepaid, if only used for the incoming OPT purpose, top up $10 can last for more than 1 year ($1.40 for 90 days extend validity).

So the Best Mobile plain combination is:
Main line on Singtel prepaid (1st SIM) to receive bank OTP even when aboard for the best signal coverage. use 2nd SIM to subscribe TPG $10 for 50 GB for data and calling usage.

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TPG Prepaid plan.

really? I got ads on many places I visit online

been using since day 1, now don't buy data on starhub prepaid

Sent from Samsung SM-G980F using GAGT

joesph

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
really? I got ads on many places I visit online

been using since day 1, now don't buy data on starhub prepaid

apology I haven't open the link, mine is postpaid

poland_ball

Master Member
Reaction score
Is anyone having problems with the starhub prepaid app? It's taking sooo long to load regardless of what connection I use

Devilsire

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have an existing m1 prepaid, considering to port over to next telco.

mainly use for OTP, rare incoming call and emergency low data eg.safeentry (if my TPG no network).

so as to speak, any advice on ST or SH better? :o

from what i roughly browsed thru,

ST$8 - $10 MainBalance, 90D validity, Bonus 0.5GB/30D
ST$15 - $15 MainBalance, 120D validity, Bonus 1GB/120D, $5 Shopee voucher

SH$8 - $10 MainBalance, 90D validity, Bonus 1GB/30D
SH$15 - $15 MainBalance, 180D validity, Bonus 0.2GB/30D for 6months

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
have an existing m1 prepaid, considering to port over to next telco.

mainly use for OTP, rare incoming call and emergency low data eg.safeentry (if my TPG no network).

so as to speak, any advice on ST or SH better? :o

from what i roughly browsed thru,

ST$8 - $10 MainBalance, 90D validity, Bonus 0.5GB/30D
ST$15 - $15 MainBalance, 120D validity, Bonus 1GB/120D, $5 Shopee voucher

SH$8 - $10 MainBalance, 90D validity, Bonus 1GB/30D
SH$15 - $15 MainBalance, 180D validity, Bonus 0.2GB/30D for 6months

I think switch between M1 and SingTel (as in both ways), have port in promo. Additional free data or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.