[OFFICIAL] Singtel's GOMO discussion thread

bodohboy

Reaction score
Seriously I switched from SingTel to Starhub. I dun find issues with Starhub. Coverage and speed are as good as SingTel. No problem getting connection at underground mrt too.

Yeah that’s why I said it’s pretty awesome that Starhub is giving a good deal plus with a no-contract option. So each user can tried it out if it suits their usage anot. But for Singtel you cannot “test” because once you sign up, it’s minimum 12 months contract (Which is what I did after trying out GOMO, Singtel Network, for 29 days)

Last edited:

hereiam7788

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah that’s why I said it’s pretty awesome that Starhub is giving a good deal plus with a no-contract option. So each user can tried it out if it suits their usage anot. But for Singtel you cannot “test” because once you sign up, it’s minimum 12 months contract (Which is what I did after trying out GOMO, Singtel Network, for 29 days)

Yeah. Correct. Sim only plan should be in this way which users should not be tied to contracts. Else, it defeats the purpose of signing up sim only. If not, might as well sign contract to get handphone aubsidy better.

So you are on singtel sim only plan - 12 month term?

bodohboy

Reaction score
Yeah. Correct. Sim only plan should be in this way which users should not be tied to contracts. Else, it defeats the purpose of signing up sim only. If not, might as well sign contract to get handphone aubsidy better.

So you are on singtel sim only plan - 12 month term?

Yes I have four $20/month 20GB with Singtel Mobile. Been about three weeks now.

smallboi09

Reaction score
Hello all

I tried to port in my existing M1 Sim-Only number to GOMO but it says that "You can only port in existing active postpaid numbers.... under your NRIC/FIN".

Don't understand this and I tried keying in random numbers under the "Keep My Existing Number" it works... except for numbers starting with 9440XXXX and 9439XXXX

Last edited:

qcy888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes I have four $20/month 20GB with Singtel Mobile. Been about three weeks now.

Hi, was checking out the Singtel sim only plan and the 20GB plan is $25.35 inclusive of caller id. Is your $20/month 20GB inclusive of caller id? Thanks

stylechap

Master Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I tried to port in my existing M1 Sim-Only number to GOMO but it says that "You can only port in existing active postpaid numbers.... under your NRIC/FIN".

Don't understand this and I tried keying in random numbers under the "Keep My Existing Number" it works... except for numbers starting with 9440XXXX and 9439XXXX

Most of their system only recognise numbers originally from other telco.
Most likely 9440 and 9439 is from Singtel.(you can confirm by checking the prefix list from IMDA)

kentona

Reaction score
How is the billing done? I asked if there are any cancellation, the bot said that no cancellation fees but the recurring $20 will not be funded.

Arandalo

Master Member
Reaction score
How is the billing done? I asked if there are any cancellation, the bot said that no cancellation fees but the recurring $20 will not be funded.

You can get your answers by reading the FAQ section on GOMO website. :vijayadmin:

Billing by credit/debit card.
Every 30 days will auto deduct $20. Once deduct extend plan by another 30 days. Keeps repeating until you cancel or port out.
Because it's paid in advance, if they can't deduct your card your line will be auto terminated. Hence at the same time whatever is paid will not be refunded. So if you plan to port out or terminate, it's better to do it nearer but before the next payment.

kentona

Reaction score
Thanks man.

Signed up gomo a few days back. Experience was good so far. Porting in from singtel to gomo, within a few hours of receiving my SIM card, gomo was activated.

So far data surfing and calls are fine as well.
Definitely worth transferring to these virtual telcos.

You can get your answers by reading the FAQ section on GOMO website. :vijayadmin:

Billing by credit/debit card.
Every 30 days will auto deduct $20. Once deduct extend plan by another 30 days. Keeps repeating until you cancel or port out.
Because it's paid in advance, if they can't deduct your card your line will be auto terminated. Hence at the same time whatever is paid will not be refunded. So if you plan to port out or terminate, it's better to do it nearer but before the next payment.

Middle-C

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how to transfer ownership of my GOMO number?

Just contacted customer support. They say at the moment not possible to transfer as its not supported by the system yet.

Going to terminate my line. But the number is too good to go to waste so planning to transfer it to my family members.

Think might have to Gomo -> other telco -> transfer?

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows how to transfer ownership of my GOMO number?

Just contacted customer support. They say at the moment not possible to transfer as its not supported by the system yet.

Going to terminate my line. But the number is too good to go to waste so planning to transfer it to my family members.

Think might have to Gomo -> other telco -> transfer?

Yes. Think you might want to port to either M1 Singtel or Starhub no-contact SIM only. Then do a change of ownership.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone compared gomo/st vs starhub?
i'm considering this

Singtel sim-only locks you in with 12 months contract. And of cause Singtel and Starhub MNO will be better. You got a hotline to call should you need

Gomo do not have Volte, or overseas voice roaming support.

You can consider M1 Sim-only too. 30GB data with 1k sms and 1k mins.

Reaction score
Singtel sim-only locks you in with 12 months contract. And of cause Singtel and Starhub MNO will be better. You got a hotline to call should you need

I'm jumping from M1. the coverage CMI.
looking at the singtel or starhub.

what is volte? is it important?

xiaofan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

SingTel does have SIM only no contract plan but the offer is not so good. 6GB data @S$20 with no free outgoing Voice and SMS.

https://www.singtel.com/personal/pr...m_campaign=iphone_xs_max_leasing#SIMOnlyPlans

EXTRA FREE 3GB/MTH
SIM Only 3GB Plan (No Contract)
Free incoming calls & SMS
$20.00
Monthly

3 GB Local Data + 2 GB Singtel WIFI
- Talktime + - SMS/MMS

Switch to Singtel to enjoy free registration and SIM card worth $48.15

Need a phone? $0 upfront phone with Mobile Leasing can be selected after the plan sign-up.

12 mths Entertainment Plus (worth $5.90/mth)

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.