HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

SingTel new early recontract fee

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 23-01-2020, 10:08 AM   #1
Supremacy Member

SingTel new early recontract fee

Today just noticed that new line signed with SingTel will have $500 12mth recontract fee instead of the usual $350. Thus even tho I have it as Key Line under SingTel Circle I have to pay $150. Anyone think contradict with their advertisement as free handset upgrade annually?
zXioNGz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 10:11 AM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

Nothing new.
This has been in place since last year iPhone 11 & 11 Pro launch.
Old 23-01-2020, 12:09 PM   #3
High Supremacy Member

Just noticed it in the My Singtel app too

Means if I recontract my keyline this year, after this year I still need to top up $150 on top of early recontract. Not really considered free annual handset upgrade, more of discounted upgrade..

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS
amazingone is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 12:15 PM   #4

Today just noticed that new line signed with SingTel will have $500 12mth recontract fee instead of the usual $350. Thus even tho I have it as Key Line under SingTel Circle I have to pay $150. Anyone think contradict with their advertisement as free handset upgrade annually?
Do they not give a voucher to offset it if you are entitled annually?
Aikon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-2020, 05:03 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

Do they not give a voucher to offset it if you are entitled annually?
They didn't, just straight away show me on the 12th month they will charge a fee of $150. Plans that are before Sept 2019 is shown $0.

That is how I found that the new 12th month penalty for handset upgrade becomes $500 instead of initial $350.

SingTel smart, SingTel circle put annual handset fee upgrade fee waiver or get new phone annually but bracket it (worth $350)
Old 23-01-2020, 05:06 PM   #6
Supremacy Member

Just noticed it in the My Singtel app too

Means if I recontract my keyline this year, after this year I still need to top up $150 on top of early recontract. Not really considered free annual handset upgrade, more of discounted upgrade..

Posted from PCWX using HUAWEI ALPS
Yup you are right if your key line is signed after 17th Sept 2019.

I just sign a line yesterday so i thought i can make it Key Line in order for me to recontract for me in Jan 2021 but saw that $150.

My previous key line will be $0 as usual but because I'm gg to downgrade the plan I didn't recontract in 2019 and wait for 24th month in 2020. That is why I plan to switch my Key Line to the new line signed yesterday.

After I recontract with it I will switch my Key Line again back to the old line.

TBH I'm not sure if this is a loophole to be exploit so that you can keep on getting the annual fee waiver. This is not my intention if they didn't increase the fee
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.