Singtel new lease scheme

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If we take up singtel lease it comes with free mobile swap ? ya sample if we take ip iphone we go Apple to send for repair or as go singtel mobile swap ?

Let say I take up the singtel lease for a 256gb iPhone X and I return the ipX in 12month time and I pay a 200$ TOP up And take up another next new Iphone x2 model and I pay the new monthly lease cost example $80 if singtel revise the price is this correct ?

So all this return and take ip new phone it’s all done at singtel shop ?

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
If we take up singtel lease it comes with free mobile swap ? ya sample if we take ip iphone we go Apple to send for repair or as go singtel mobile swap ?

Let say I take up the singtel lease for a 256gb iPhone X and I return the ipX in 12month time and I pay a 200$ TOP up And take up another next new Iphone x2 model and I pay the new monthly lease cost example $80 if singtel revise the price is this correct ?

So all this return and take ip new phone it’s all done at singtel shop ?
Hi kenchi,

MobileSwop Unlimited is charged separately at $9.90/month.

You have the option to go to Apple for repair in the event that the leased iPhone is damaged. If Apple replaces the damaged iPhone, you have to obtain a letter from Apple and update Singtel with this letter at any Singtel Retail Shop. The letter should state that Apple has replaced your leased iPhone and the corresponding change in the IMEI number of your replacement iPhone.

Alternatively, you swop or replace the iPhone at the following charges.

CtCPXQ9.png

For your second question about upgrading the handset after 12 months, you're right. A top up fee of $200 is applicable on top of the monthly leasing fee for the new handset.

Mobile leasing is currently only available for sign up at Singtel Retail Shops.

intime

Reaction score
Hi kenchi,

MobileSwop Unlimited is charged separately at $9.90/month.

You have the option to go to Apple for repair in the event that the leased iPhone is damaged. If Apple replaces the damaged iPhone, you have to obtain a letter from Apple and update Singtel with this letter at any Singtel Retail Shop. The letter should state that Apple has replaced your leased iPhone and the corresponding change in the IMEI number of your replacement iPhone.

Alternatively, you swop or replace the iPhone at the following charges.

CtCPXQ9.png

For your second question about upgrading the handset after 12 months, you're right. A top up fee of $200 is applicable on top of the monthly leasing fee for the new handset.

Mobile leasing is currently only available for sign up at Singtel Retail Shops.

Hi Singtel,

Is there early termination charges for mobileswop, if I terminate the mobileswop unlimited addon after leasing a mobile phone from you?

foozgarden

Master Member
Reaction score
if hold for 24 mths , 24 x $35 = $840
cheapest sim only plan is $20 , 24 x $20 = $480.
total is $1320..

still worth it ?

kenchi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I find getting Iphone more worth it as Iphone cost more then samsung
The saving compare between this 2 Brand’s offering lor

I willl wait till the next iPhone X see now much singtel lease will offers for the next iPhone X and remewcmine Sim plan and take up singtel lease and will upgrade yearly

if hold for 24 mths , 24 x $35 = $840
cheapest sim only plan is $20 , 24 x $20 = $480.
total is $1320..

still worth it ?

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

Is there early termination charges for mobileswop, if I terminate the mobileswop unlimited addon after leasing a mobile phone from you?

No termination charge. According to FAQ, subscriber can remove it anytime but its not recommended..

mr_voodoo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

There is no termination charge for mobileswap when you are on the lease scheme afaik. :s12:

Singtel

Featured Sponsor
Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

Hi intime,

You can terminate MobileSwop Unlimited anytime during Mobile Leasing, but we do not recommend that to our customers.

This is because your leased phone will not be covered in the event of damage or loss. If the leased phone is damaged or lost at any point of time during the term of the lease, you will need to pay the remainder of the full purchase price of your leased phone in the absence of MobileSwop Unlimited Add-on coverage. Once MobileSwop Unlimited Add-on is terminated, it cannot be reinstated on the same phone.

Jurong640

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi Singtel,

The leasing is only for SIM Only Plan (12mth) right?
Let's say if I take Note8 now, 12mths later I can return the device and lease another phone. Will there still be upgrade or top up fee ?

galaxyuser

Reaction score
Leasing another phone will be for the price per month of the phone as stated on Singtel Mobile Leasing webpage. No upgrade or top-up fees required.

Hi Singtel,

The leasing is only for SIM Only Plan (12mth) right?
Let's say if I take Note8 now, 12mths later I can return the device and lease another phone. Will there still be upgrade or top up fee ?

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is not the right comparison. Since customers need to subscribe and use a mobile phone subscription, you would be comparing (a) total cost of leasing + subscription (under SIM only) against (b) total cost of subsidies handset purchase under regular combo plan + monthly subscription of regular plan). This comparison should be done for 12 months and 24 months duration. Cost of ownership under (b) needs to include the residual resale value after 12 or 24 months (completely missed out in your comparison)

Please advise so all of us can appreciate the true adva

Hi lohsenglte,

We have a cost comparison of getting a handset at RRP and our Mobile Leasing Plan for a period of 12 months and 24 months in the post link below.

Cost comparison

We believe the mobile leasing gives our customers the flexibility to enjoy selected latest phones at a lower monthly fee compared to purchasing the phones.

Leased phone needs to be returned in good working condition. You can refer to our post in the link below for more information on our definition of good working condition:

What does good working condition mean?

The duration of the leasing program is 24 months. However, customer can choose to terminate Singtel Mobile Leasing by returning or purchasing the leased phone. Kindly refer to the screenshot from our FAQ below:

vqJ91Ff.png

For more information on Singtel Mobile Leasing, you can check out the links below:

Singtel Mobile Leasing FAQs
Singtel Mobile Leasing T&Cs

renfred89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is not the right comparison. Since customers need to subscribe and use a mobile phone subscription, you would be comparing (a) total cost of leasing + subscription (under SIM only) against (b) total cost of subsidies handset purchase under regular combo plan + monthly subscription of regular plan). This comparison should be done for 12 months and 24 months duration. Cost of ownership under (b) needs to include the residual resale value after 12 or 24 months (completely missed out in your comparison)

Please advise so all of us can appreciate the true adva

i think the comparison is adequate enough to start off an idea. Your above comparison will be sort of customised to individual usage and its senseless to put up a generic one as well. Maybe the rest of the comparison and calculation customised to your own needs, you should do the effort yourself. :p

trd2970

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes and no, but I don’t see why telcos would not be obliged to be more transparent about this. Putting up a few comparisons based on a few different plans won’t hurt, unless the deal is bad to begin with.

i think the comparison is adequate enough to start off an idea. Your above comparison will be sort of customised to individual usage and its senseless to put up a generic one as well. Maybe the rest of the comparison and calculation customised to your own needs, you should do the effort yourself. :p

Tyson90

Reaction score

If we lease for 30 months, then at the end do we own the phone or still have to return after 30 months of lease period?

kingcarlos

Reaction score
anyone that lease the phone can comment on if the plan is worth it compare to combo/xo plan?

swgj86

Master Member
Reaction score
If we lease for 30 months, then at the end do we own the phone or still have to return after 30 months of lease period?
based on faq, no need to return.

What if I do not return my leased handset after 30 months of complete leasing payments?
Once you have completed 30 months of monthly leasing fees, ownership of the leased handset will be transferred to you and you need not return the leased handset.

fadefade

Reaction score
moi currently on sim only 20GB @ $20/mth with FREE Caller ID, 1000 mins talktime & 500 SMS.

took up lease plan for note 10plus $48+$9.9..
for 12 month have to pay 57.9 x 12 + 20 x 12=694.8+240 + $300 upgrade fee if changing fone… touch wood anything happen extra charge at $170 or $550

baby0nboard

Reaction score
hi, wish to listen to some of your inputs here.

So looking this up, let the phone in question be iphone 8 64gb.
Launch price: 1148 sgd.
Current used price, let us set it to a conservative: 360 sgd.

1148 - 360 = 788 sgd - depreciated amount from the time of release (Sept 2017 - roughly 26 months)

788/26 = 30.31 sgd. - average monthly depreciation.

30.31/1148 = 0.0264 or 2.64% average monthly depreciation against release price.

Assumption that the average 30.31 sgd of depreciation.
30.31*30 = 909.30 sgd.
At the end of 30 months, iphone 8 64gb, will be 1148- 909.30 = 238.7 SGD. assuming above is accurate.

applying above observation to iphone 11 pro 256gb with current retail price of 1890 sgd.

1890*0.0264 = 49.896 - average monthly depreciation

1890 - (49.896* 30mths) = 393.12 sgd - Speculated price after 30 months.

applying above observation to iphone 11 pro 256gb with current street price of 1700 sgd.

1700*0.0264 = 44.88 - average monthly depreciation

1700 - (44.88* 30mths) = 353.6 sgd - Speculated price after 30 months.

My question is, am I looking at the above computation correctly ? or have I overlook something? please help give some feedback.

Last edited:

kingcarlos

Reaction score
moi currently on sim only 20GB @ $20/mth with FREE Caller ID, 1000 mins talktime & 500 SMS.

took up lease plan for note 10plus $48+$9.9..
for 12 month have to pay 57.9 x 12 + 20 x 12=694.8+240 + $300 upgrade fee if changing fone… touch wood anything happen extra charge at $170 or $550

ah ok so first year is base + lease then 2nd year onward just base plan fee?
whats the $9.9/mth for?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.