HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Singtel unlimited Spotify questions

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-01-2020, 06:55 PM   #1
Master Member

Singtel unlimited Spotify data questions

Hi all, I'm being lazy to call in to singtel so just asking this here incase u all been there done that.

I'm subscribed to singtel spotify which shld come with unlimited free data for Spotify listening.

Assuming I hotspot my phone data to another device (car head unit) n I use that device for Spotify listening. Will this still be free data for Spotify?

Alternatively, if I get a sup sim card for that device under my singtel main line, think additional $10/month, all the data will share but will that sup sim car enjoy free data for Spotify too? I can just insert this sim card to the andriod head unit.

Anyone knows?
TIA!

Last edited by deadrick; 19-01-2020 at 11:52 AM..
deadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
Arch-Supremacy Member

IF you are referring to singtel music

- When you hotspot u might not get free data. But u can try and see, but make sure your HOTSPOT APN is configure to "E-ideas". Singtel claim hotspot is not FREE DATA as below:

Make sure is 'e-ideas' and not internet.

I understand iphone has this option.

- The free data should be only available on the sim that is tag with the add-on. Your sup sim might not have the free data.

How might your data waiver for Singtel Music be affected?

Your data waiver for Singtel Music may be affected due to one or more of the following:

- Any proxy-based app (e.g. Onavo) or VPN app on the phone that channels traffic away will disrupt your data waiver.

- The APN setting on your phone needs to be set to "e-ideas". The data waiver will not work on APN settings that are anything else.

- If you use a desktop version of any of the partners' service and tether to your phone, You will not be able to enjoy the data waiver as only the traffic from the mobile app receives this data waiver.

- Jail broken phones may not be able to enjoy the data waiver.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:43 AM   #3
Master Member

OK thanks for the reply n advice. Looks like free data can only be play thru my phone Spotify.
deadrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.