Starhub Giga

Kiwi8

Honorary Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
So for us end users, what 5G phone should we buy now? Should we buy one that supports both NSA and SA, or should we just go straight for SA?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So for us end users, what 5G phone should we buy now? Should we buy one that supports both NSA and SA, or should we just go straight for SA?
I guess it depends on whether you are planning to subscribe 5G now or later on ?
If you want to cover all bases, then of course buy one that covers both NSA and SA.

vsvs24

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The status changed to
From my flat, Download Mbps is 187, Upload Mbps is 47.8. My phone status bar shows 4G+ and not 5G.

Don't know how to paste photo.
I went to mrt and mall and status on phone start to show 5G. But the speed is worse than from my flat.
Download 113 Mbps, Upload 35.6 Mbps.

I actually went to Tampines Mall and stood outside Starhub. Strange thing is could not run speed test. App keeps trying to connect. Gave up after 20 seconds. Make me suspect Starhub did something to block speed test apps.

007Mi6

Reaction score
The status changed to

I went to mrt and mall and status on phone start to show 5G. But the speed is worse than from my flat.

I actually went to Tampines Mall and stood outside Starhub. Strange thing is could not run speed test. App keeps trying to connect. Gave up after 20 seconds. Make me suspect Starhub did something to block speed test apps.

Only certain servers can run speed test for SH

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The status changed to

You think too much 🤣
It's a 5G "trial" period after all.

Apex

Reaction score
how to cancel terminate giga? misplaced my phone

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
How do I cancel my line? (assume u wanna cancel the line and not report sim card lost)

Simply launch your giga app and go to the mega menu.

Click on the option “Cancel line/ SIM services” and follow the steps to cancel your line.

You can continue to enjoy giga's services till the last day of the current cycle and your line will be cancelled on the last day of your cycle.

Do note that you will need to submit the cancellation request at least 3 working days before your next renewal cycle.

You will receive a confirmation email once cancellation is successful. Do not cancel your line if you wish to port out of giga to another telco.

Taro Pie

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi all, need some clarification on the port in process

is it

scenario 1:

port in process start when new giga sim is delivered to me.

meanwhile I continue to use the old sim with my number until I received confirmation email that port in is complete then switch over to giga sim

scenario 2:

have to put in giga sim, click on activate, to start port in process

means I'm forced to use temporary giga number until it changes to my port in number

which 1 is it?

scenario 1 or 2??

Read HWZ Forum Rules!

Stuffed

Master Member
Reaction score
hi all, need some clarification on the port in process

is it

scenario 1:

port in process start when new giga sim is delivered to me.

meanwhile I continue to use the old sim with my number until I received confirmation email that port in is complete then switch over to giga sim

scenario 2:

have to put in giga sim, click on activate, to start port in process

means I'm forced to use temporary giga number until it changes to my port in number

which 1 is it?

scenario 1 or 2??

Read HWZ Forum Rules!
I did the first one. When sign up already indicated to port in number. Once they delivered your card, they will schedule the port in and that night near to 12am, the number was ported. I wasn't able to call the port in number though, but it works the next morning.

Sidler

Reaction score
Giga network feels very slow recently. Sites are not loading, not even Facebook. Pages immediately load once I switch to WiFi.

Anyone else experienced this?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Giga network feels very slow recently. Sites are not loading, not even Facebook. Pages immediately load once I switch to WiFi.

Anyone else experienced this?
Only when icon change to H+ :LOL:

edwintek

Reaction score
Does Giga support Vowifi for iPhone? Just ported in from SH and noticed Wi-fi calling option disappeared

lohsenglte

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Does Giga support Vowifi for iPhone? Just ported in from SH and noticed Wi-fi calling option disappeared
Your SIM Card might be the Giga carrier profile one, not StarHub carrier profile.

Giga carrier profile on iOS doesn't allow VoWiFi and VoLTE.
StarHub carrier profile allows both.

I guess the only thing you can hope for is addition of both in iOS 15 update.

heartywarrior

Reaction score
anyone on giga and not receiving otp sms this morning? was ok all along until tried to access few bank sites but otp sms not received... :s12:

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
9.9 sales is 70gb for 18bucks! Woohoo
Zzzz its just for 1st mth. Then back to 50gb

Last edited:

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ported from gomo back to giga for the the 50gb/500/500 and volte features.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.