Starhub Giga

goblinn

Reaction score
Anyone have any good/bad reviews so far or anything to look out for? Was planning to switch to Giga from Singtel!

1. Hows the connection so far? For ST i keep no signal many times at like Clementi, Redhill etc, even at home when playing game (Jurong) and i stay at high level de
2. How are the payments each month? Can use credit card? And need the OTP one?
3. Any experience with customer service?
4. Understand have free caller id, is it forever de or like 1 year etc?
5. Any experiences with roaming overseas?
6. Any issues when porting over?

Thanks in advance! :)

sadboy

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone have any good/bad reviews so far or anything to look out for? Was planning to switch to Giga from Singtel!

1. Hows the connection so far? For ST i keep no signal many times at like Clementi, Redhill etc, even at home when playing game (Jurong) and i stay at high level de

1. Coverage is base on Starhub network. Subjective on where you go. Some places starhub are stronger but there are place that starhub cmi.

2. Payment is via Credit card. Add the CC detail and make the first payment when signup. (delivery fee or something like tat)

3. Chat and E-mail respond time okie. Sometimes to asked a simple question need to chat and email a little waste time.

4. I think for now forever caller ID is free.

5. N/A

6. NO.

Yihaoong

Reaction score
Roaming is as good as their prepaid line, redONE and Myrepublic. Just buy the bundle and roam.

Best is you can keep your local bundle for the giga plan.

Heard say Singtel has the best coverage. Maybe before you get, try to get someone else phone (starhub) and do a speed test.

1. Coverage is base on Starhub network. Subjective on where you go. Some places starhub are stronger but there are place that starhub cmi.

2. Payment is via Credit card. Add the CC detail and make the first payment when signup. (delivery fee or something like tat)

3. Chat and E-mail respond time okie. Sometimes to asked a simple question need to chat and email a little waste time.

4. I think for now forever caller ID is free.

5. N/A

6. NO.

Last edited:

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1. I commute via red / purple line no issue
2. Auto deduct via credit card
3. The automated assistant is pretty useless
4. It's free until they change it
5. Haven't tried it yet
6. Half day for port in

goblinn

Reaction score
Ooo thanks guys! :) ehh if cc payment hor it counts and can earn points de right? Hahah

goblinn

Reaction score
Hi sorry another question, if i now using Singtel, then do i need go ST to cancel? Or once port in success will auto cancel?

Sonoda Umi

Reaction score
Hi sorry another question, if i now using Singtel, then do i need go ST to cancel? Or once port in success will auto cancel?
If you are porting in, there is no need to cancel.

Simply inform the telco you want to switch to that you are porting in and the details (number and current telco) and it will be done within 1-2 working days of receiving SIM card.

Make sure your number is not prepaid, you have no outstanding bill and that number is tied to your NRIC

goblinn

Reaction score
If you are porting in, there is no need to cancel.

Simply inform the telco you want to switch to that you are porting in and the details (number and current telco) and it will be done within 1-2 working days of receiving SIM card.

Make sure your number is not prepaid, you have no outstanding bill and that number is tied to your NRIC

Oh i see thank you! :) so once i receive my new telco sim, i need to carry around? Since might port on that day then gotta switch phone sim coz my old sim will no more connection?

Sonoda Umi

Reaction score
Oh i see thank you! :) so once i receive my new telco sim, i need to carry around? Since might port on that day then gotta switch phone sim coz my old sim will no more connection?
If you want to be safe, then do so. Generally, my experience is that porting in is done at the end of the day you receive your sim card, around 10-11pm

kpoornot

Reaction score
Anyone ported to giga! recently? Just received my SIM, and say will be ported over within next working day. Meaning Monday right? And do I have to activate the SIM first to allow it to port? Coz need my current phone number as expecting a call :/ Tried live chatting support but for some reason have not received a reply! Thanks in advance!

Byfrost

Reaction score

1. Giga uses Starhub network, as they are a sub-brand of Starhub. So far my experience with both Starhub and Giga has been good. No noticeable difference between Singtel and Starhub / Giga. Only major difference I can feel is when entering the lift specifically at my home block, signal drops to H+ and quite a dramatic drop in speed. Somehow this only happens only inside the lift where I stay and it happens at random, not always. All other lifts I entered don't have such issues.

2. Auto Deduct Credit card saved inside the app.

3. Skip the Gino bot. Just press the "Live Chat" button, takes about a minute or two to get connected with a live agent. Service is acceptable for a all digital telco company. I've used it to chat with the Live Agent twice, so far my experience has been a pleasant one.

4. Free Caller ID till Giga changes their policy.

5. No idea.

6. No idea.

lanzhu60

Reaction score
anyone knows , if port over from starhub , any fees for the below,

-registration fee
-delivery fee
-sim card

zuppeur

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know. For add on call time and data, Is it I can just buy after I used up or have to subscribe when I am signing up the plan?

xonix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone know. For add on call time and data, Is it I can just buy after I used up or have to subscribe when I am signing up the plan?

Can add on. This information is available in their faq, fyi.

DarkBlue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
after ok experience for few days, tonight network down for hours

dredd

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
coincidentally i just popped the new giga sim into my phone...

Sent from Google PIXEL 2 XL using GAGT

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.