www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Money Mind (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/)
-   -   *Official* BBCWatcher club (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/%2Aofficial%2A-bbcwatcher-club-5855578.html)

BBCWatcher 26-02-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pmstudent (Post 119394536)
I am looking to invest my SRS account, and searching for the cheapest way to invest in global index.
I looked at LionGlobal Infinity Global Index Fund, the initial charge of 2 % is ridiculous.

It would be if you have to pay it. You donít. Find a zero cost platform that supports SRS accounts. At least one of the following gets the job done: POEMS, DollarDex, FSM One.

pmstudent 26-02-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBCWatcher (Post 119394646)
It would be if you have to pay it. You donít. Find a zero cost platform that supports SRS accounts. At least one of the following gets the job done: POEMS, DollarDex, FSM One.

If I buy these funds on POEMS, there is no initial charge?

What is the index investment vehicle you recommend for SRS?

tangent314 26-02-2019 02:01 PM

Yes there are no initial charges, no redemption charges, and no switching fees.
The Lion Global ones that you have mentioned are the recommended ones.

Use POEMS or DollarDex. FSMONE does have platform fees of 0.0875%/qtr + GST https://secure.fundsupermart.com/fsm...cing-structure while the other two does not.

pmstudent 26-02-2019 02:57 PM

Thanks Tangent.

Which Lion Global fund, Infinity Global Index or the All Seasons ?

tangent314 26-02-2019 05:28 PM

All Seasons (Growth) for the lowest TER of 0.50% with higher equities component than the Standard version. It does include 30% bonds though

If you don't want the bonds, you can go for Infinity Global (TER 0.81%). Infinity US 500 has a lower TER of 0.72% but is not as diversified.

pmstudent 26-02-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tangent314 (Post 119401223)
All Seasons (Growth) for the lowest TER of 0.50% with higher equities component than the Standard version. It does include 30% bonds though

If you don't want the bonds, you can go for Infinity Global (TER 0.81%). Infinity US 500 has a lower TER of 0.72% but is not as diversified.

Thanks Tangent.
Will go for Infinity Global despite the higher TER,for 100% equity exposure.
For SRS which is long term in nature, makes perfect sense for full equity because over the long run, equity outperforms bond. Furthermore, SRS prevent me from panic selling during market crashes,which is a big plus.

ftpofmpo 27-02-2019 12:16 AM

Hi BBCWatcher,

If we have an LLC in the states, as an alien non-resident how do you recommend we optimise our tax returns and do you recommend any tax filing software?

BBCWatcher 27-02-2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ftpofmpo (Post 119408246)
If we have an LLC in the states, as an alien non-resident how do you recommend we optimise our tax returns and do you recommend any tax filing software?

I don't have any specific recommendations in either event. The U.S. LLC is often constructed partly for tax reasons, already.

RonnieB1 27-02-2019 01:15 PM

Insurance terminating question

Hi BBWC

Hope to get your input again

I have whole insurance policies (ILPs) some with critical illness riders (bought at a time when it was in vogue but ill advised)
I have been holding them for >20 years . I will be off full time work soon and am 63 and may not want to continue with the premiums.
would you cash out from the policies and if so how would you do it ?
take the full surrender sum or take a max ?loan and let the policy run out ?

Your advice would be much appreciated

tangent314 27-02-2019 03:37 PM

If you post the latest Revised Benefits Illustration for the policies, we may be able to calculate for you which ones may be worth keeping and which ones may not.

power789 27-02-2019 08:39 PM

Hi, read through many pages and did a lot of search and reading n ready to jump into us stocks with $100k, learnt from Shiny and BBC that should not over invest in only SG market. Thinking back, really missed lots of US stocks opportunity.....

Would like to see your advise too, understand this thread is meant for u.

I am interested in IWDA and S&P for a start.

1. If I get it through LSE via SCB is 15% dividends witholding tax rite?

2. For S&P, I am confused as it seems there are lots of ETF tracking S&P like vanguard, blackrock...etc. It appears after research that CSPX is a good fund under blackrock to track S&P?

3. I also saw some posts suggesting that I should not have all ETF from a single provider like blackrock, should also diversify from fund provider. Are there any S&P funds under Vanguard which is also under LSE so I can dodge the 30% witholding tax? If yes, which one is recommended?

4. What other ETF providers are the recommended ones? I mostly see blackrock and vanguard only.

5. I have been watching these IWDA and S&P for some time, seems like it keeps going up. Should I wait for a dip to purchase?

Thanks for advice.

JuniorLion 27-02-2019 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by power789 (Post 119423095)
I also saw some posts suggesting that I should not have all ETF from a single provider like blackrock, should also diversify from fund provider. Are there any S&P funds under Vanguard which is also under LSE so I can dodge the 30% witholding tax? If yes, which one is recommended?

LON: VUSD is your Vanguard version of S&P500.

BBCWatcher 27-02-2019 09:02 PM

Just bear in mind that IWDA (or VWRD) already have a large fraction -- more than half, actually -- invested in U.S. listed/traded stocks. I don't think there's any need to "double up."

RonnieB1 01-03-2019 03:38 PM

Hi BBCW/ tangent

Thanks will try to collate them
Do you guys know of any financial adviser who is good for insurance advice non insurance co guys.
I really need an independant assessment of my policies
I do not mind a fee based assessment . If it is too sensitive please send me a private email
Thanks so much as always

elisee1 01-03-2019 04:50 PM

For young adults who taking up a HDB loan (2.6% pa) to buy a BTO, it's always a good idea to use any spare cash to pay off the principal amount of the BTO loan right, rather than proceed with my usual etf investing, right?

Let's say someone has a windfall of $10,000 cash. Possible moves are:

Pay off principal amount with 10,000: Approximately $260 savings from future interest payments (2.6% pa loan rate from HDB)

Don't pay off principal amount, buy risk free product like SSB: Approximately $200 gains from ssb (2% pa SSB dividends)

(I try to make the comparison fair by comparing paying off a fixed rate home mortgage to buying a risk free product. Because paying off mortgage early = risk free way of reducing future interest payments, is this fair to say?)