www.hardwarezone.com.sg

www.hardwarezone.com.sg (/)
-   Money Mind (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/)
-   -   *Official* BBCWatcher club (https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/money-mind-210/%2Aofficial%2A-bbcwatcher-club-5855578.html)

theokcoral 25-06-2018 10:41 AM

*Official* BBCWatcher club

He deserves his own thread!

Thanks for our BBW and Shiny Things for making this sub-forum a useful place for both noobs and experts to learn.

beefjerky 25-06-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theokcoral (Post 115130488)
He deserves his own thread!

Thanks for our BBW and Shiny Things for making this sub-forum a useful place for both noobs and experts to learn.

out of curiosity, who exactly is BBW? he seems really knowledgeable abt minute details

light84 25-06-2018 12:26 PM

Joining the club nao !!!!

a4973 25-06-2018 01:21 PM

Bookmarked.

BBCWatcher 25-06-2018 01:25 PM

(Reserved for future use.)

Thanks, I'm flattered, but...we'll see.

lyndonmaxewell 25-06-2018 01:38 PM

(Reserved for future use.)

Asking my insurance questions now! :D

Defying_Gravity 25-06-2018 01:45 PM

Bookmarked too!

Thank you BBCW for the detailed advices!

peipei1 25-06-2018 02:15 PM

Good advicer!

bobobob 25-06-2018 03:28 PM

Sign me up! Membership requirement should be: put more money into your special account!

tangent314 25-06-2018 03:39 PM

Please remember to clarify if you are a US citizen or resident before asking a question here!

BBCWatcher 25-06-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beefjerky (Post 115132101)
out of curiosity, who exactly is BBW?

I'll restate some basic facts about me and leave it at that:

* Living in Singapore
* CPF member
* U.S. citizen, and among the ~6%(*) of U.S. citizens living outside the United States who owe/pay some U.S. income tax on non-U.S. source income
* Lucky in several respects
* In broad agreement with John Bogle's saving/investing philosophies (diversification, simplicity, regularity, cost efficiency, etc.), and I'm also a Vanguard customer/member
* In broad agreement with Shiny Things, among others
* Do not work for any financial services firm, have no sales interest of any sort in any financial products, and don't want to
* Do not work for any government
* Work mostly because I enjoy my work

If I write something nice about a particular financial firm, financial product, or government offer it'll most probably be because I do it/use it personally because I think it's a good deal, or at least that I think it's a good deal in certain other circumstances. But I'm always looking for better deals, and I've learned about a few better deals in this forum. I try to do a lot of research and keep learning.

(*) J. Richard Harvey, Jr., a professor at Villanova University, estimated this particular percentage. It's the only estimate of its kind that I've found. That circa 6% is skewed toward U.S. citizens residing in comparatively low income tax jurisdictions who have relatively high or higher U.S. taxable non-U.S. source incomes. About 54% of adults residing in the U.S. owe/pay any U.S. income tax, for comparison.

MikeDirnt78 25-06-2018 05:58 PM

Do you plan to write a book as well ? =:p

BBCWatcher 25-06-2018 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MikeDirnt78 (Post 115137649)
Do you plan to write a book as well ? =:p

Some people have accused me of writing book length posts here. I'll try to avoid that. ;)

xtwis7 25-06-2018 06:34 PM

Got masterclass to attend?

klarklar 25-06-2018 06:54 PM

I'm surprised you do not work for any financial services firm. From your posts, I thought you are a financial salesman but a highly ethical one, given the deep knowledge and objectivity in your posts.

Some also suspect you work for the Singapore government since you are a strong advocate of CPF. Now, we know it's because CPF is a wonderful financial product for Singaporeans and foreigners who work in Singapore :)

Do you stick to passive Vanguard passive products or do you invest in individual stocks/bonds, given your deep financial knowledge and analytical skills? If you don't invest in individual stocks/bonds, why not since you seem well equipped to do so?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBCWatcher (Post 115137166)
I'll restate some basic facts about me and leave it at that:

* Living in Singapore
* CPF member
* U.S. citizen, and among the ~6%(*) of U.S. citizens living outside the United States who owe/pay some U.S. income tax on non-U.S. source income
* Lucky in several respects
* In broad agreement with John Bogle's saving/investing philosophies (diversification, simplicity, regularity, cost efficiency, etc.), and I'm also a Vanguard customer/member
* In broad agreement with Shiny Things, among others
* Do not work for any financial services firm, have no sales interest of any sort in any financial products, and don't want to
* Do not work for any government
* Work mostly because I enjoy my work

If I write something nice about a particular financial firm, financial product, or government offer it'll most probably be because I do it/use it personally because I think it's a good deal, or at least that I think it's a good deal in certain other circumstances. But I'm always looking for better deals, and I've learned about a few better deals in this forum. I try to do a lot of research and keep learning.

(*) J. Richard Harvey, Jr., a professor at Villanova University, estimated this particular percentage. It's the only estimate of its kind that I've found. That circa 6% is skewed toward U.S. citizens residing in comparatively low income tax jurisdictions who have relatively high or higher U.S. taxable non-U.S. source incomes. About 54% of adults residing in the U.S. owe/pay any U.S. income tax, for comparison.