HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

*Official* BBCWatcher club

Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

*Official* BBCWatcher club

He deserves his own thread!

Thanks for our BBW and Shiny Things for making this sub-forum a useful place for both noobs and experts to learn.
soneat, a4973, blue_line and 8 others like this.
theokcoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 12:20 PM   #2

He deserves his own thread!

Thanks for our BBW and Shiny Things for making this sub-forum a useful place for both noobs and experts to learn.
out of curiosity, who exactly is BBW? he seems really knowledgeable abt minute details
beefjerky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 12:26 PM   #3

Joining the club nao !!!!
light84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 01:21 PM   #4

Bookmarked.
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #5
Supremacy Member

(Reserved for future use.)

Thanks, I'm flattered, but...we'll see.
BBCWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 01:38 PM   #6

(Reserved for future use.)

Asking my insurance questions now!
lyndonmaxewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 01:45 PM   #7

Bookmarked too!

Thank you BBCW for the detailed advices!
Defying_Gravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 02:15 PM   #8

Good advicer!
peipei1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 03:28 PM   #9

Sign me up! Membership requirement should be: put more money into your special account!
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 03:39 PM   #10

Please remember to clarify if you are a US citizen or resident before asking a question here!
Asphodeli likes this.
tangent314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2018, 05:31 PM   #11
Supremacy Member

out of curiosity, who exactly is BBW?
I'll restate some basic facts about me and leave it at that:

* Living in Singapore
* CPF member
* U.S. citizen, and among the ~6%(*) of U.S. citizens living outside the United States who owe/pay some U.S. income tax on non-U.S. source income
* Lucky in several respects
* In broad agreement with John Bogle's saving/investing philosophies (diversification, simplicity, regularity, cost efficiency, etc.), and I'm also a Vanguard customer/member
* In broad agreement with Shiny Things, among others
* Do not work for any financial services firm, have no sales interest of any sort in any financial products, and don't want to
* Do not work for any government
* Work mostly because I enjoy my work

If I write something nice about a particular financial firm, financial product, or government offer it'll most probably be because I do it/use it personally because I think it's a good deal, or at least that I think it's a good deal in certain other circumstances. But I'm always looking for better deals, and I've learned about a few better deals in this forum. I try to do a lot of research and keep learning.

(*) J. Richard Harvey, Jr., a professor at Villanova University, estimated this particular percentage. It's the only estimate of its kind that I've found. That circa 6% is skewed toward U.S. citizens residing in comparatively low income tax jurisdictions who have relatively high or higher U.S. taxable non-U.S. source incomes. About 54% of adults residing in the U.S. owe/pay any U.S. income tax, for comparison.
Asphodeli, naro, anfielder and 2 others like this.

Last edited by BBCWatcher; 25-06-2018 at 06:29 PM..
Old 25-06-2018, 05:58 PM   #12
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do you plan to write a book as well ?
Old 25-06-2018, 06:18 PM   #13
Supremacy Member

Do you plan to write a book as well ?
Some people have accused me of writing book length posts here. I'll try to avoid that.
Old 25-06-2018, 06:34 PM   #14
Arch-Supremacy Member

Got masterclass to attend?
Old 25-06-2018, 06:54 PM   #15
Supremacy Member

I'm surprised you do not work for any financial services firm. From your posts, I thought you are a financial salesman but a highly ethical one, given the deep knowledge and objectivity in your posts.

Some also suspect you work for the Singapore government since you are a strong advocate of CPF. Now, we know it's because CPF is a wonderful financial product for Singaporeans and foreigners who work in Singapore

Do you stick to passive Vanguard passive products or do you invest in individual stocks/bonds, given your deep financial knowledge and analytical skills? If you don't invest in individual stocks/bonds, why not since you seem well equipped to do so?

I'll restate some basic facts about me and leave it at that:

* Living in Singapore
* CPF member
* U.S. citizen, and among the ~6%(*) of U.S. citizens living outside the United States who owe/pay some U.S. income tax on non-U.S. source income
* Lucky in several respects
* In broad agreement with John Bogle's saving/investing philosophies (diversification, simplicity, regularity, cost efficiency, etc.), and I'm also a Vanguard customer/member
* In broad agreement with Shiny Things, among others
* Do not work for any financial services firm, have no sales interest of any sort in any financial products, and don't want to
* Do not work for any government
* Work mostly because I enjoy my work

If I write something nice about a particular financial firm, financial product, or government offer it'll most probably be because I do it/use it personally because I think it's a good deal, or at least that I think it's a good deal in certain other circumstances. But I'm always looking for better deals, and I've learned about a few better deals in this forum. I try to do a lot of research and keep learning.

(*) J. Richard Harvey, Jr., a professor at Villanova University, estimated this particular percentage. It's the only estimate of its kind that I've found. That circa 6% is skewed toward U.S. citizens residing in comparatively low income tax jurisdictions who have relatively high or higher U.S. taxable non-U.S. source incomes. About 54% of adults residing in the U.S. owe/pay any U.S. income tax, for comparison.
klarklar is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.