HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Any full time traders?

Like Tree13Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 295
Any full time traders?

Any full time traders here?

Assume that you are a profitable trader (jus go with it) in Singapore and that you have a stable "income".

This income is not subjected to tax or CPF.

How do you go about taking bank loans, say for HDB mortgage?

Can I put money into CPF voluntarily to prove that I have steady cash flow?
zawoo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 01:59 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1,915
Any full time traders here?

Assume that you are a profitable trader (jus go with it) in Singapore and that you have a stable "income".

This income is not subjected to tax or CPF.

How do you go about taking bank loans, say for HDB mortgage?

Can I put money into CPF voluntarily to prove that I have steady cash flow?
Yes, just put some money into your CPF voluntary and regularly.
alexchia01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 04:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 1,045
its the same as ppl who teach tuition full time, don't think too much abt it
kakaboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:25 PM   #4
High Supremacy Member
 
kebinu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 32,775
There are more than a way to get loan.

For example, do a $160k fixed deposit for 4 years to get a $600k loan.

Don't declare and contribute to cpf.
zawoo86 likes this.
kebinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:43 PM   #5
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
focus1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,726
Ya, example, $100k in deposit can loan you up to $1mil. Just ask those mobile mortgage bankers. You can find a lot of them in showrooms. Dont go ask those personal bankers in the branch, they are not knowledgeable one.
zawoo86 likes this.
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 05:51 PM   #6
Order 66'd
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 16,173
Ya, example, $100k in deposit can loan you up to $1mil. Just ask those mobile mortgage bankers. You can find a lot of them in showrooms. Dont go ask those personal bankers in the branch, they are not knowledgeable one.
Is that not gearing? FX traders have to deal with that
John.D Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 06:06 PM   #7
Arch-Supremacy Member
 
focus1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 22,726
Is that not gearing? FX traders have to deal with that
TS asking about loan for HDB without any income.
So a loan definitely is leverage. I am telling him how to do it based on previous experience.
zawoo86 likes this.
focus1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 07:54 PM   #8
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 295
Thanks guy for the helpful replies.

Allow me to explain my situation more specifically and what I am planning to do. I have no idea how to go about it.

Im a Singapore PR. I paid off my HDB completely last year. I am planning to purchase a private condo in JB, Danga Bay Country Garden by the end of this year.

Currently not employed. I left my job in March as I feel I am profiting well on trading and I have substantial monthly dividends. I wanted more time during the day to do trading and monitoring rather than my boring job (Lab Technician).

Could you guys give me more specific details? Do local banks such as POSB/DBS have those kind of loans with initial deposit for say $1mil? I am looking at Maybank as they provide assistance to purchasing property in Malaysia. However they do look at CPF and I'm also guessing, my income statement. But it shouldn't be an issue right, since I can voluntarily contribute cpf to prove I have a stable income.

TIA!
zawoo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:10 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 249
You are buying CG Danga bay for own stay and not investment I hope?
sojournerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:18 PM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 295
You are buying CG Danga bay for own stay and not investment I hope?
yup. own stay. my fiancee is a malaysian. I thought CG DB is a good place as its near the custom and 1.5 hour journey to my house in SG. I stay in woodlands.
Dividends Warrior likes this.

Last edited by zawoo86; 01-05-2014 at 08:27 PM..
zawoo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 08:56 PM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,060
You don't need a mortgage or bank loans if you can make it as a trader. I bought my condo with cash 3 years ago, with more than enough cash left over to trade my own account.

Remember only 1% make good money trading, the other 99% will be better off with a regular day job because they will either be losing money or not making enough for it to be worth their time.
Leftie and Dividends Warrior like this.
3dfxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:00 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,060
There are more than a way to get loan.

For example, do a $160k fixed deposit for 4 years to get a $600k loan.

Don't declare and contribute to cpf.
I don't think you can do that anymore, TDSR dictates that you must have taxable income before you can borrow from banks, you can't even reverse mortgage your property if you have no proof of income.
Dividends Warrior likes this.
3dfxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:05 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 295
You don't need a mortgage or bank loans if you can make it as a trader. I bought my condo with cash 3 years ago, with more than enough cash left over to trade my own account.

Remember only 1% make good money trading, the other 99% will be better off with a regular day job because they will either be losing money or not making enough for it to be worth their time.

While I do have a healthy amount of cash at hand, it is not so much to the point I can purchase a S$400,000 property right of the bat . I have been trading for almost only 2 years. I have a business back in my home country for passive income in case of loss in trading.

And this property will also be my retirement home, so I wouldn't mind a 20-25 years mortgage loan. I have 0 credit cards and 0 other outstanding loan, which I think will improve my chance of getting a loan.
zawoo86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,060
Thanks guy for the helpful replies.

Allow me to explain my situation more specifically and what I am planning to do. I have no idea how to go about it.

Im a Singapore PR. I paid off my HDB completely last year. I am planning to purchase a private condo in JB, Danga Bay Country Garden by the end of this year.

Currently not employed. I left my job in March as I feel I am profiting well on trading and I have substantial monthly dividends. I wanted more time during the day to do trading and monitoring rather than my boring job (Lab Technician).

Could you guys give me more specific details? Do local banks such as POSB/DBS have those kind of loans with initial deposit for say $1mil? I am looking at Maybank as they provide assistance to purchasing property in Malaysia. However they do look at CPF and I'm also guessing, my income statement. But it shouldn't be an issue right, since I can voluntarily contribute cpf to prove I have a stable income.

TIA!
Voluntary contribution to CPF isn't proof of income, you need to set up a sole proprietorship, get IRAS to determine your net trade income then contribute to CPF before you can get a loan from a bank. Bear in mind that your income will then be subject to taxation if you go down this route.
Dividends Warrior and zawoo86 like this.
3dfxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:13 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,060
While I do have a healthy amount of cash at hand, it is not so much to the point I can purchase a S$400,000 property right of the bat . I have been trading for almost only 2 years. I have a business back in my home country for passive income in case of loss in trading.

And this property will also be my retirement home, so I wouldn't mind a 20-25 years mortgage loan. I have 0 credit cards and 0 other outstanding loan, which I think will improve my chance of getting a loan.
Its impossible to get a loan with no proof of income now, it was only possible before TDSR kicked in. When I got my apartment my RM offered a 60% loan on it, because I had a substantial amount of money with them, now with TDSR this isn't possible anymore, the bank would have to flout rules to lend you money.
3dfxplayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On