HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Anyone here buy bitcoin? (do not advertise/post referrals/emails)

Like Tree225Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-07-2017, 11:24 PM   #166

you can still move it out in time probably. the split happens around tuesday night
Yep I've moved it
battledome64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 11:30 AM   #167

I dun mind joining. Pls PM me too
Im interested too Pls PM me too
chainer22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 12:42 PM   #168

Im interested too Pls PM me too
Pls pm me too
battledome64 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #169

any recommendation when is a good time to buy in?
saveeverydrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:23 PM   #170

https://www.techinasia.com/mas-ico-tokensale-clarity

Singapore’s central bank clarifies stance regarding ICOs and token sales

The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) – the country’s central bank – has sought to clarify the local regulatory situation regarding digital token sales, as more and more businesses turn to the format in an effort to secure funding.

The lack of regulatory clarity around token sales has raised a number of questions about their legality in Singapore and farther afield.

One of the key issues is whether tokens should be categorized purely as a form of currency, or as a type of security. The latter implies that a token constitutes a form of equity in the business that issued it, or a debt instrument signifying money owed to its holder.

In a statement issued today, MAS said it “has observed that the function of digital tokens has evolved beyond just being a virtual currency,” to the point that some coins “may represent ownership or a security interest over an issuer’s assets or property.” This would bring such tokens into the purview of Singapore’s Securities & Futures Act and Financial Advisers Act, the statement adds.

If a digital token fulfills the definition of a security under these laws, then issuers would be required to register a prospectus with MAS before launching their ICOs. Moreover, they would also be subject to licensing requirements for securities vendors, and any digital token secondary market operators would have to gain regulatory approval from MAS.

Currently, would-be token issuers are not explicitly compelled to get the green light from MAS before initiating a crowdsale.

The MAS statement follows an announcement from US Securities & Exchange Commission last week, in which the regulator said it would now be considering ICOs as sales of securities.
Billion-dollar-plus market

A slew of companies built around blockchain technology have launched token sales – commonly described as “initial coin offerings” or ICOs – in recent months, taking advantage of what is widely viewed as a favorable environment for blockchain businesses in Singapore.

Token sales are a form of crowdfunding where backers receive digital tokens, rather than equity or rewards, in return for their investment. These tokens act as a form of cryptocurrency, typically for use within the fundraising company’s own blockchain-based platform, and are issued with the expectation that they can be sold and traded through secondary markets in the future. The tokens are purchased from their issuers using digital currencies such as Bitcoin and Ether.

In the statement, MAS also highlights its concern that “ICOs are vulnerable to money laundering and terrorist financing risks due to the anonymous nature of the transactions and the ease with which large sums of monies may be raised in a short period of time.” Assessing these potential risks will clearly add another regulatory hurdle for many companies hoping to raise funds through token sales.

Worldwide, over US$1 billion is said to have been raised through token sales for issuing companies as of last month. Some Singapore-based businesses that have run token sales include gold price tracker Digix, which raised US$5.5 million; startup incubator Cofound.it, which cancelled its ICO after hitting its US$15 million funding target in a pre-sale; and ewallet provider TenX, which raised US$80 million in less than seven minutes.

ChaoMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 07:26 PM   #171

http://www.mas.gov.sg/News-and-Publi...Singapore.aspx

MAS clarifies regulatory position on the offer of digital tokens in Singapore

Singapore, 1 August 2017... The Monetary Authority of Singapore (MAS) clarified today that the offer or issue of digital tokens in Singapore will be regulated by MAS if the digital tokens constitute products regulated under the Securities and Futures Act (Cap. 289) (SFA). MAS’ clarification comes in the wake of a recent increase in the number of initial coin (or token) offerings (ICOs) in Singapore as a means of raising funds.

2 A digital token is a cryptographically-secured representation of a token-holder's rights to receive a benefit or to perform specified functions. A virtual currency is one particular type of digital token, which typically functions as a medium of exchange, a unit of account or a store of value.

3 ICOs are vulnerable to money laundering and terrorist financing (ML/TF) risks due to the anonymous nature of the transactions, and the ease with which large sums of monies may be raised in a short period of time. MAS’ media release of 13 March 2014 had communicated that while virtual currencies per se were not regulated, intermediaries in virtual currencies would be regulated for ML/TF risks. MAS is currently assessing how to regulate ML/TF risks associated with activities involving digital tokens that do not function solely as virtual currencies.

4 MAS’ position of not regulating virtual currencies is similar to that of most jurisdictions. However, MAS has observed that the function of digital tokens has evolved beyond just being a virtual currency. For example, digital tokens may represent ownership or a security interest over an issuer’s assets or property. Such tokens may therefore be considered an offer of shares or units in a collective investment scheme1 under the SFA. Digital tokens may also represent a debt owed by an issuer and be considered a debenture under the SFA.

5 Where digital tokens fall within the definition of securities in the SFA, issuers of such tokens would be required to lodge and register a prospectus with MAS prior to the offer of such tokens, unless exempted. Issuers or intermediaries of such tokens would also be subject to licensing requirements under the SFA and Financial Advisers Act (Cap. 110), unless exempted, and the applicable requirements on anti-money laundering and countering the financing of terrorism. In addition, platforms facilitating secondary trading of such tokens would also have to be approved or recognised by MAS as an approved exchange or recognised market operator respectively under the SFA.

6 The types of digital tokens offered in Singapore and elsewhere vary widely. Some offers may be subject to the SFA while others may not be. All issuers of digital tokens, intermediaries facilitating or advising on an offer of digital tokens, and platforms facilitating trading in digital tokens should therefore seek independent legal advice to ensure they comply with all applicable laws, and consult MAS where appropriate.
ChaoMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 01:21 PM   #172

Anyone used Quoinex? How is it compare to fybsg?
I am noob in crypto. I just signed up with Quoinex. They have a sister site Qryptos dealing in only cryptos. Let me share my experience.

1. Bought small amount of BTC in Quoinex.
2. Withdrawn some BTC and deposit to Qryptos wanting to buy ETH, LTC, XRP.
3. There were no volume in their Qryptos platform.
4. On 28 July 2017 early morning, withdrawn BTC from Qryptos back to Quoinex wallet. => left pocket to right pocket actually. (In hindsight, I should've installed a hot wallet and withdraw there instead)
5. The company sat on the withdrawal. Transaction was not on Blockchain.info. Emails to them were ignored.
6. On 31 July 2017, after Quoinex's internal deadline to suspend BTC deposit and withdrawal started, then they processed my BTC withdrawal.
7. The BTC was confirmed more than 100++ times on blockchain on 31 July 2017, before the hard fork. But the BTC was not credited back to my Quoinex wallet.
8. On today 01:24 hrs was the BTC credited. The corresponding Bitcoin Cash (BCH) was not correspondingly credited.
9. Their support really sucks. Email, support platform, FB IM, yield few replies if any.

Excuse for the WOT, but just to share my actual experience. Not sure if there are other stories on this exchange.

BTW I chose this over Coinhako was because of the availability to use limit orders etc.
bigrooster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 01:41 PM   #173
Master Member

If i buy 1 bitcoin worth 2700plus do u think it is worthit now?what do u all think will it rise to 2800 plus by yearend 2017
sulpice likes this.
mohd8207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:51 PM   #174
Arch-Supremacy Member

If i buy 1 bitcoin worth 2700plus do u think it is worthit now?what do u all think will it rise to 2800 plus by yearend 2017
if we knew what was going to happen we would already have bought btc when it was just $1
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 06:37 PM   #175
Master Member

if we knew what was going to happen we would already have bought btc when it was just $1
Yalor now 1 bitcoin is above 4000 plus..but still not to late for those got extra money to buy
mohd8207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 05:14 AM   #176

Anyone totally new but interested in understanding the technology behind cryptocurrencies like Bitcoin, Ethereum, etc, feel free to contact me.

I am willing teach for free (yes i mean it, no surveys or sneaky stuff, im not here to sell insurance) via a meetup session. My purpose is to educate all those interested in this upcoming technology as I believe it will revolutionize the world. That said, what you make of it at the end of the session is completely up to you.
I desperately your help as i am a tech idiot, i was hoping to make some purchases but they only accept bitcoin which is extremely frustrating as i have no idea on how to use it. I will PM you some of contact details, hope to hear back from you, Cheers!
ketforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2017, 08:26 AM   #177

Hi. if i intend to buy bitcoin this year and hold for a few years...say 2.5 years, do i need to let IRAS know that i bought BTC in 2017, and then also let them know i am holding BTC in 2018, 2019 during these years?

Or is it only in 2020 (after selling my BTC) then i let them know when i bought it, held for how long (which years) and when i sold it.

Thanks

Last edited by yoyoamigoakb; 05-08-2017 at 08:31 AM..
yoyoamigoakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 02:42 PM   #178
Master Member

Anyone having issues depositing to Coinbase? Their onboarding queue is taking ages!
Old 07-08-2017, 05:27 PM   #179

Hi. if i intend to buy bitcoin this year and hold for a few years...say 2.5 years, do i need to let IRAS know that i bought BTC in 2017, and then also let them know i am holding BTC in 2018, 2019 during these years?

Or is it only in 2020 (after selling my BTC) then i let them know when i bought it, held for how long (which years) and when i sold it.

Thanks
Huh. why do you need to tell IRAS that you bought bitcoin? you're buying as individual right? not as company?
Soul77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 07:36 PM   #180

Huh. why do you need to tell IRAS that you bought bitcoin? you're buying as individual right? not as company?
yeap. buying as individual. not company
i dunno. which is why i am asking to check.
i read somewhere that in the US, those who bought have to report their holdings or something like that. i dunno if its the same in Singapore.

And also, were there any new rules or changes to how MAS/IRAS deal with crypto currencies lately? also checking with that if theres any.
yoyoamigoakb is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.