anyone with PruWealth and what are your thoughts?

tangent314

Reaction score
Why buy a savings plan through an insurance company in the first place? You lose about a year and a half worth of premiums on the distribution cost.

wl_ling

Reaction score
What is the different buying a saving plan from insurance agent and bank?

A savings plan is a financial product that you buy in order to grow your savings over a fixed period of time. A savings account, on the other hand, is a bank account where you keep excess money that you have.

Unlike a savings account, where you can withdraw at your discretion, a savings plan is more structured and requires you to commit to the plan that you bought for a fixed timeframe.

StealthShadow

Reaction score
actually no need to tag with the bank. you can go and compare other companies' plans before committing.

i think what he is referring to, is that pruwealth counts towards the spending amount for the UOB one account and One card.

So if you put in $500 monthly towards pruwealth, it counts as $500 spending on credit card, so you get your 3.33% cashback.

But ultimately, i think still not worth it.

twinbaby

Master Member
Reaction score
Capture.png

This is my plan, looks like it will take at least 20 years to breakeven (guaranteed) and 13 years (non-guaranteed) to breakeven

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.