HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Balancing Index Investing and life goals.

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-11-2014, 10:18 AM   #16
Arch-Supremacy Member

For your ABF purchase, why don't you set the sum aside and then buy it by the lot on SC when you have enough to make the purchase? The price doesn't really fluctuate much to be worth paying additional charges to buy odd lots each month.

Agree on the savings bit. What I like about OCBC's online banking portal is that you can set saving goals and put money into them. Once they are into your goals, you cannot withdraw the money through ATM or swipe your card unless you move them out from the goals. It helped me save money without going through a lot of hassle.
ABF Bond Index is currently 1,000 units per lot. But come 19th Jan 2015, it'll be 100 units per lot.
naro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:20 AM   #17
Arch-Supremacy Member

Chanced upon this article.

What Fresh Graduates and Young Persons Should NOT Do - The IFA on Duty

Decided that i should focus more on saving cash in the ocbc 360, so far i have been too eager in investing end up with 8k in mutual funds but not much savings.

gonn save more than i invest, starting with next mth salary, possible save 1k a mth first n use 600 to 800(additional income) on sti n abf

will also cash out my fundsupermart accts soon (nearing breakeven pt) switch them all to money market funds or risk rating 1 bonds.

One bad habit of mine is that I am a saver if i cannot see the money. For the last few months, the first thing i do with my salary is tat i channel 1.6k to unit trusts. Then the remaining are for parents, xpenses etc...

often money in my bank acct get depeleted fast but if i park it somewhere where its troublesome to take out, i dont spend much. But no excuses, gonna learn to save n hold on to the cash
opposite from me, if i see money in my bank, i'll spend!!! haha..

that's why i've to "hide" my money!!!
stoneblackdragon likes this.
naro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 10:59 AM   #18

I am exactly the same as you!! I need to hide my money..
I am a saver if i cannot see the money hahaha
stoneblackdragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.