Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

Lewis.T

Reaction score
Right back at you. Your post was so disorganized and incoherent I had to read through it three times to figure out what you were saying.

Perhaps if you'd like to flaunt your intelligence start with proofreading and correcting the many grammatical mistakes you make - it helps add oomph to your claims of superior intellect.

On a side note, you come in here claiming that getting insurance from Malaysia is better because of their acceptance terms and premiums, but have failed to provide a single piece of information to us. How are we to believe your claims?

On the policy flipping note, if I have a term plan (which this thread is about), and Malaysia's insurance is truly that fantastic, no harm at all to switch. Please be accepted by them before surrendering/terminating any existing policies you may have here.

Unrighteous, insincere, unprofessional.. kay. All I did was debunk your claims. I would like to be proven wrong though, that Singaporeans getting insurance in Singapore will be worse off than getting it from Malaysia.

Your investments will at least show that you mean what you say, and that you truly believe Malaysia will outdo SG. (Because I haven't got any evidence you are even vested in Msia.) This however, is unimportant, as we are talking about insurance policies, of which you also have nothing for me to ponder over.

The rest of your post are just mad ramblings, maybe from a person with a superiority complex.

Edit: To bring it back on topic, no. I don't see how getting insurance in Malaysia is beneficial for a Singaporean. Is there a B.I or quotation you can show us for sample?

The purpose of insurance is the transfer of risk; why would you now expose yourself to forex/political/whatever risk that comes with getting something from another country and governed by another body?

Last edited:

Durian_Puff

Reaction score
My annual premium for 1Mil Death Cover is $82.20 X 12mths = $986.40

If your annual premium of $1070 includes 1Mil Death + 200k CI, then i think its VERY worth it. Otherwise, you are probably younger than me so that explains the cheaper leveled premium. Prudential products are notoriously expensive anyway.

Why do cheap, I was quoted $103 for a 300k term plan by manulife. 26 yrs old non smoker

MaoZeDuo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe should rename thread title to Best Term Insurance Plan in Singapore.

Chill guys.

Huai nobody ask for quotes from ML? Revised premium! Give some chances reh :D

Reaction score
My annual premium for 1Mil Death Cover is $82.20 X 12mths = $986.40

If your annual premium of $1070 includes 1Mil Death + 200k CI, then i think its VERY worth it. Otherwise, you are probably younger than me so that explains the cheaper leveled premium. Prudential products are notoriously expensive anyway.

oh bro i'm older than you. i'm uncle polar bear.
my $1070 is my annual premium for 1Mil Death/TPD Cover only. didn't bother with CI,most people by demographics speaking do not get CI

wooty100

Reaction score
Anyone whom is looking for Zurich Quotes can feel free to pm me your details and contact.

Lewis.T

Reaction score
May I know why SAF Term Insurance is not discussed here? Is it no good?? :s11:

It probably has been, you just skipped through the pages. SAF Group Term however may be more expensive than a personal term insurance, depending on age of entry and length of coverage etc.

Wtf5566

Reaction score
Right back at you. Your post was so disorganized and incoherent I had to read through it three times to figure out what you were saying.

Perhaps if you'd like to flaunt your intelligence start with proofreading and correcting the many grammatical mistakes you make - it helps add oomph to your claims of superior intellect.

On a side note, you come in here claiming that getting insurance from Malaysia is better because of their acceptance terms and premiums, but have failed to provide a single piece of information to us. How are we to believe your claims?

On the policy flipping note, if I have a term plan (which this thread is about), and Malaysia's insurance is truly that fantastic, no harm at all to switch. Please be accepted by them before surrendering/terminating any existing policies you may have here.

Unrighteous, insincere, unprofessional.. kay. All I did was debunk your claims. I would like to be proven wrong though, that Singaporeans getting insurance in Singapore will be worse off than getting it from Malaysia.

Your investments will at least show that you mean what you say, and that you truly believe Malaysia will outdo SG. (Because I haven't got any evidence you are even vested in Msia.) This however, is unimportant, as we are talking about insurance policies, of which you also have nothing for me to ponder over.

The rest of your post are just mad ramblings, maybe from a person with a superiority complex.

Edit: To bring it back on topic, no. I don't see how getting insurance in Malaysia is beneficial for a Singaporean. Is there a B.I or quotation you can show us for sample?

The purpose of insurance is the transfer of risk; why would you now expose yourself to forex/political/whatever risk that comes with getting something from another country and governed by another body?

He Stated: “On the policy flipping note, if I have a term plan (which this thread is about), and Malaysia's insurance is truly that fantastic, no harm at all to switch. Please be accepted by them before surrendering/terminating any existing policies you may have here.”

This guy is so retarded that he thinks all potential buyers coming here are daft!

Seriously…. In front of so many professional insurance agents here…. he wrote this type of statement?!!

I wonder did his mouth also switch with his anus, spouting ****!

Even a daft just have to check with his Insurance agent will know the disadvantages when he switch.

Don’t waste my time…… he will only come out with more motherhood excuses to cover each single previous mistake made..… damn boring…... really CMI……. You want this type of motherhood excuses people to be your insurance agent when you fail to claim in future?

“Don’t take us, potential buyers, for fools!”

*Buyer Beware: There are few agents here pretending to be nice at first, then, bit by bit try to confuse you, follow by, brainwash you to buy from them! Even if you want to buy their Product, go look for other agent of same company.

Wtf5566

Reaction score
Remind Mr Retarded one last time in Chinese dialect, “No brain, go home sleep can already. Don’t come here, throw your mother and father face!“

C Bye to few dishonest Insurance agents here, who try to fish for innocent buyers. :D

Lewis.T

Reaction score
Such uncouth.

So what is/are the downsides to having a replacement term insurance if the other company is offering you better premiums and acceptance conditions? Do let me know since you're the insurance expert here.

Once again, just rattling away with no fact or evidence to substantiate your posts. Please do not degrade the quality of discussions this thread has to offer.

teejaywai

Reaction score
May I know why SAF Term Insurance is not discussed here? Is it no good?? :s11:

Hi bernard,

SAF Term insurance works slightly differently, you can choose to cover yourself from 100k to 1mil till age 65 only. thereafter they only allows to cover you from age 66 till 70 at a maximum of 100k sum assured. Premiums for that is sky high.

SA 100k

age 66 - S$109 p/m
age 67 - S$120 p/m
age 68 - S$113 p/m
age 69 - S$147 p/m
age 70 - S$163 p/m

so considering the fact that if you would want to cover yourself till age 70. it might be more advisable to get a level term premium and more coverage.

wooty100

Reaction score
SAF Term is a group term insurance. It works within a certain parameters and tries to benefit the whole group by operating as such.

However, as time goes by, those who opt for SAF Group term, probably find themselves insurable due to health conditions changes and other issues. Then only to realise that the coverage they sought cheaply ends prematurely at 65, not mentioning there are certain T&C governing in the group contract.

Yes you may get a good deal for the coverage but it will be prudent of you to always seek a better alternative while you are still healthy. Term replacements are common as long as it seeks to benefit the life assured in the general long run. Do not be surprised at savvy consumers restructuring term policies to lock in longer benefits and in the process, get even cheaper outcomes.

vagus1978

Reaction score
Please quote me for pure term plan

36yr
Male
class 1 (low risk) occupation

PM me.

Thanks!

w1rbelw1nd

Master Member
Reaction score
SAF Term is a group term insurance. It works within a certain parameters and tries to benefit the whole group by operating as such.

However, as time goes by, those who opt for SAF Group term, probably find themselves insurable due to health conditions changes and other issues. Then only to realise that the coverage they sought cheaply ends prematurely at 65, not mentioning there are certain T&C governing in the group contract.

Yes you may get a good deal for the coverage but it will be prudent of you to always seek a better alternative while you are still healthy. Term replacements are common as long as it seeks to benefit the life assured in the general long run. Do not be surprised at savvy consumers restructuring term policies to lock in longer benefits and in the process, get even cheaper outcomes.

Well, personally I am happy to be insured till 65, because the way I plan my finances (and life) is such that by 65, I will have no dependants and I would have enough assets to retire comfortably. So after 65 there is no risk to insure against.

Perhaps you can let us know more about this "term replacement" thing (never heard of it).

Anyway, after factoring the rebate that we get from low claims, aint the SAF policy still very very competitive? If not, what do you suggest we get?

Thanks in advance!!

dexboi

Master Member
Reaction score
Don't think too far with SAF-Aviva Term Plan. If you have served the Armed Force, just continue the plan and get insured. Who knows what might happen down the years when the terms get negotiated and SAF decides not to continue with Aviva.

As long as you continue to be insured, i strongly believe that whichever insurance company SAF choose in the future, we will be ported over "as-is". No worries of health issues since they can't possibly make us worse off than before. Otherwise alot of complaint letters will appear in Straits Times. haha

Which is also why i only have marginal SAF-Aviva cover of 100k to see me through my NS obligations. And the rest (1mil) to lock in with pure Term Insurance. :)

Last edited:

wooty100

Reaction score
Well, personally I am happy to be insured till 65, because the way I plan my finances (and life) is such that by 65, I will have no dependants and I would have enough assets to retire comfortably. So after 65 there is no risk to insure against.

Perhaps you can let us know more about this "term replacement" thing (never heard of it).

Anyway, after factoring the rebate that we get from low claims, aint the SAF policy still very very competitive? If not, what do you suggest we get?

Thanks in advance!!

In view of the interest of general public. The rule of thumb of insurance should revolve around risk transfer and risk appetite.

For example. You are happy with the rates and coverage until 65 as you are single and without dependents for now. You do not mind liquidating your assets to assist in any insurance shortfall. Neglect inflation, illiquidity and potential losses if you need to offload assets. Your risk acceptance is met with a simple SAF Term insurance.

However, if you could switch a mindset. You can transfer the risk of having to liquidating your assets by getting more coverage at a small premium. Or unless you rule out any changes in lifestyle - singlehood, marriedhood, job change whatever, it may be wise to have review and restructuring of policies as deem fit. Again, insurability is another topic althogether.

Well, restructuring of policies are not uncommon. As market forces and competition intensify, definitions and pricing have seen changes. Alot people tend to "buy and ignore" , there are good policies along the years for people to pick up, but yet as common consumers, they shun agents and ignore new sales call.

While it is a normal consumer behaviour, a good practice is keep yourself updated with the market occassionally and keep several agents contact for references for latest promotion and marketing campaigns to get the best bang for buck.

Also, the disclaimer for restructuring of policies i adhere to, is to always comply with waiting periods, standard life acceptances, and there must be net positive gain in the restructure process so clients will not be less well off before.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.