Best Term Insurance Plan(Do Not Solicit for Pm)

dendii

Reaction score
Can't defend and justify your fat comms and replied with a bunch of nonsense

Will be here to bash agents whenever any new complain threads or posts come up :)

You can add me to your ignore list if you are guilty :)

Thing about you is your argument, while valid at times, you like to generalize everything.

To you, it is just a simple "Buy Aviva Term till 65", "Get Hospitalization".

In fact, in another thread, you did not even support buying of ISP because you were just supporting the TS to cancel EVERY insurance. How is this even being helpful and objective? Even non-agents can see that you can be toxic at times.

I am not rejecting the above just for your information.

As I mentioned, you have your valid points. But dont bring in your personal hatred of agents into your every argument and make it about the comms etc.

For a start, the few of us here have nothing to gain providing another side of the view in the most neutral way possible. Those agents that are longing for the comms wont be bothered to reply you in the first place.

Last edited:

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thing about you is your argument, while valid at times, you like to generalize everything.

In fact, in another thread, you did not even support buying of ISP because you were just supporting the TS to cancel EVERY insurance. How is this even being helpful and objective? Even non-agents can see that you can be toxic at times.

As I mentioned, you have your valid points. But dont bring in your personal hatred of agents into your every argument and make it about the comms etc.

For a start, the few of us here have nothing to gain providing another side of the view in the most neutral way possible. Those agents that are longing for the comms wont be bothered to reply you in the first place.

lol u mean appleyum thread ah?

i didnt say nvr support and cancel every plan. i got insurance myself, why would i tell everyone to cancel?

hard to say agents not longing for comms since their rice bowl depends entirely on it. conflict of interest

as i mentioned before, i would only bash agents if a thread or post surfaces here

otherwise u dont see me post daily bashing agents, do you? :D

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You probably haven't met my clients yet. :s13:
They are complaining why the coverage I proposed are so high when they could have put more money into ILPs and invest instead.
Don't worry though, I managed to feed them the right information and they guai guai stick with their Term policy instead of running elsewhere to buy ILPs.

perhaps you can try upload a video of you prospecting your clients?

i am interested to see what agents said to their customers when they first meet them :D

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm sure you know I'm an agent who only once in awhile bother to generate quotes in HWZ. And when I do, I do it properly (some just gives vague figures without detailed descriptions from the asker).

Anyway, regardless of premiums high or not, legacy planning is a WANT, not a NEED. If you want it and can afford the extra premiums, go ahead. Otherwise, don't bother.

If you ask me, the only needs IMO is a good enough Term plan (covered to age 75 imo, and covered to 65 iyo), a hospital plan w/ riders that covers co-in and deductibles (anything else is just gimmicks imo). That's pretty much for managing your financial risks.

you only sell term plan and hosp plans?

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
"In other words, only 0.619/4.52 = 13.7% payout was due to insurance. The rest was saving/investments. The insurance industry should rename itself as fund management or even a bank since it is holding so much cash and people’s savings." ~ Wilfred Ling, IFA.sg

Bigoya

Reaction score
perhaps you can try upload a video of you prospecting your clients?

i am interested to see what agents said to their customers when they first meet them :D

I probably have such thoughts way earlier than you do, I thought of creating a video to promote awareness on how often people we came across during canvassing are not being financially savvy and have high tendency of brushing such issues aside.

But I don't have good video skills and such productions seems a tad too tedious for me. If there's any Youtubers here keen for a collaboration we might be able to work something out together. :s13:

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I probably have such thoughts way earlier than you do, I thought of creating a video to promote awareness on how often people we came across during canvassing are not being financially savvy and have high tendency of brushing such issues aside.

But I don't have good video skills and such productions seems a tad too tedious for me. If there's any Youtubers here keen for a collaboration we might be able to work something out together. :s13:

Don't bother. I will remove such videos discussing about your company's policies. It's advertising. :)

Bigoya

Reaction score
you only sell term plan and hosp plans?

You're almost right. At least 70% of my cases are Term and Hosp plans FYI. 20% endowment. Last 10% made up of accident and not more than 5 ILPs sold during my early days, which includes 1 time SP CPF-OA investment that made a net profit which beats OA returns. Figures are agar-ated, Please do not ask me to screenshot my cases and calculate the % and whatnot.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

If this is true,
"In other words, only 0.619/4.52 = 13.7% payout was due to insurance. The rest was saving/investments. The insurance industry should rename itself as fund management or even a bank since it is holding so much cash and people’s savings." ~ Wilfred Ling, IFA.sg

You can see why there are reasons to be anti-agents.

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
You're almost right. At least 70% of my cases are Term and Hosp plans FYI. 20% endowment. Last 10% made up of accident and not more than 5 ILPs sold during my early days, which includes 1 time SP CPF-OA investment that made a net profit which beats OA returns. Figures are agar-ated, Please do not ask me to screenshot my cases and calculate the % and whatnot.

That's just you and a few who claims that here but in reality, the majority of the agents isn't like that. Can't blame the generalization when it's the majority right?

akwl88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

can get into MDRT by selling only these?

Bigoya

Reaction score
I will add an accident plan to the list as well.

I personally find PA plans only necessary for self-employed like us. For most salaried workers, medical expenses could be claimed from their employers. If there's any limit capped to the claim, self-insurance may do just fine.

If your concern is on accidental death benefit, just get that covered under a Term policy.

Also, personally I don't see any reason for broken bones benefit. Why would you need a small % payout from your total SA should you break an index finger, a tiny toe or your pelvis? Like seriously, what would you actually do with the payout?

Perisher

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I personally find PA plans only necessary for self-employed like us. For most salaried workers, medical expenses could be claimed from their employers. If there's any limit capped to the claim, self-insurance may do just fine.

If your concern is on accidental death benefit, just get that covered under a Term policy.

Also, personally I don't see any reason for broken bones benefit. Why would you need a small % payout from your total SA should you break an index finger, a tiny toe or your pelvis? Like seriously, what would you actually do with the payout?

SA here refers to?

Bigoya

Reaction score

what we really care about is not the percentage of insurance claims made. I wouldn't hope for more people claiming insurance. but what we really wanted and hope for is that, when someone encountered large unforeseen financial risk(s) due to illness/accidents, at least we could offer them the payout from the premiums pooled from everyone participating in it.

We are really just offering savings and investment products as an alternative for people to accumulate their wealth, albeit most ILPs suck, but still, it is just an alternatives. There are other alternatives around, just pick what's best for yourself.

xiao.xin

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the popcorns here can last me for weeks sia.

Anyway, I would like to defend abit, the amount of maturity as compared to insurance payout are titled can be for various reasons.

1) Current maturity are not sold in recent years, perhaps 10-20 years ago. So what people do in the past supposed to be taken into consideration for the current batch of planners now?

2) Older folks are not buying into paying just for insurance. They're always asking to 'get back money' ie. they prefer savings plan or even ILPs as oppose to term plan. What can we do? Mis-sell, give them what they want, or ask them find another willing party to sell them as their wish.

Sometimes people just want to do a proper job, but as per other jobs out there, they're circumstances that we need to take into considerations also. Rather than a generalized reply saying planners are out to cheat others money to fit into their big pockets.

Bigoya

Reaction score
That's just you and a few who claims that here but in reality, the majority of the agents isn't like that. Can't blame the generalization when it's the majority right?

Yup, I've never blamed akwl88 or any other HWZ users for stereotyping. Even I stereotype agents too. Like I mentioned before, I see agents in my office everyday. Majority are trash.

But I just want to hi-light that there are also agents who don't really care as much for commissions and just want people they've came across to do well in their own financial planning.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.