HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Which card for dbs multiplier?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2019, 09:18 AM   #1

Which card for dbs multiplier?

Which card to get to pair with DBS multiplier account?

Planning to open a dbs multiplier account soon, which card should I pair it with?

Posb everyday card or dbs altitude card?

Sent from OPPO CPH1719 using GAGT
wei406015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:38 AM   #2

The question comes down to are you a cashback or miles person.
eD1s0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:49 AM   #3
Supremacy Member

Planning to open a dbs multiplier account soon, which card should I pair it with?

i just use everyday to buy mac icecream once a month. does not matter wat card it is
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:19 AM   #4

I don't think the card matters, as long as you have expenses on it.

Personally, i have both everyday card (only for my SPC fuel expenses and ShengSiong groceries) and also DBS Livefresh card for other expenses and nets purchases/ATM withdrawal.
Chua Zhiming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:56 PM   #5

not a miles person i opt for altitude..once a mth use it to buy coffee or something and also can collect miles when doing travel stuff. few years down can maybe redeem a free tix.
Zink00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:00 PM   #6

not a miles person i opt for altitude..once a mth use it to buy coffee or something and also can collect miles when doing travel stuff. few years down can maybe redeem a free tix.
miles points no expiry meh?
numbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:02 PM   #7

miles points no expiry meh?
they award no-expiry dbs points, then need convert to miles. admin fee $25
Zink00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2019, 04:36 PM   #8

So i can spend as much as 1 cent to activate the next tier?
Akromaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 12:46 AM   #9

DBS credit cards are generally not that attractive in terms of rewards. I’ve had Live Fresh, Everyday, etc and they are pretty much a waste of time unless you can jump through the exact hoop or hoops perfectly (I am not a good circus monkey, so mostly ended up with the base reward rate, which is so low it might as well be 0%).

The only DBS card that I keep now is the Esso card which does have one good feature — the highest “base” Esso discount (17%) which you get with no minimum spend, the best other cards have is a base rate of 14% unless you meet the minimum monthly spend (I almost never do). Other than that, it also doubles as my ATM card, saving one slot in my wallet.
celtosaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 08:02 AM   #10
High Supremacy Member

Live fresh is a decent everyday card that gives 5% rebate for paywave and internet. Min spending is 600 with rebate cap at 20 for each cat. With most POS having paywave and various online stores, it isn't difficult for me to meet the requirements
highsulphur is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 09:11 AM   #11

If you can meet the minimum AND spend in those categories, you can make it work. Just beware they like to offer promo rewards and later take them away or water them down.

For low spenders (like me) who cannot reach $600, you only get base rewards (which is almost 0%). So my everyday spend goes on Citi SMRT — without any minimum spend you can get up to 4.7%.

Live fresh is a decent everyday card that gives 5% rebate for paywave and internet. Min spending is 600 with rebate cap at 20 for each cat. With most POS having paywave and various online stores, it isn't difficult for me to meet the requirements
celtosaxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 10:44 AM   #12
Supremacy Member

DBS credit cards are generally not that attractive in terms of rewards. I’ve had Live Fresh, Everyday, etc and they are pretty much a waste of time unless you can jump through the exact hoop or hoops perfectly (I am not a good circus monkey, so mostly ended up with the base reward rate, which is so low it might as well be 0%).

The only DBS card that I keep now is the Esso card which does have one good feature — the highest “base” Esso discount (17%) which you get with no minimum spend, the best other cards have is a base rate of 14% unless you meet the minimum monthly spend (I almost never do). Other than that, it also doubles as my ATM card, saving one slot in my wallet.
must die die use esshole? 17% very high?

use everyday at sbc can get 20.1%. also no min spend
dork32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:43 AM   #13

must die die use esshole? 17% very high?

use everyday at sbc can get 20.1%. also no min spend
Agree. It all depends on which petrol station you prefer.
I using citi for shell also get 14% no min spend.
3% not a big difference to me as i spend ~200 per month on petrol only.
curious_moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:51 AM   #14

If you can meet the minimum AND spend in those categories, you can make it work. Just beware they like to offer promo rewards and later take them away or water them down.

For low spenders (like me) who cannot reach $600, you only get base rewards (which is almost 0%). So my everyday spend goes on Citi SMRT — without any minimum spend you can get up to 4.7%.
It depends on lifestyle, im more incline towards highsulphur.
Spending 600/month is very easy for me as well just basing on monthly necessities. Some of my monthly spendings on cards include online bill payments, seasonal parking (multiple carparks), entertainment, food (restaurants, fastfood, grabpay), groceries (ntuc, redmart), children expense (daipers, formulas), other misc.

my avg monthly can go easily to 1k monthly on credit cards, or as high as 2-3k if im having plans for trips.
curious_moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2019, 11:27 PM   #15
High Supremacy Member

It depends on lifestyle, im more incline towards highsulphur.
Spending 600/month is very easy for me as well just basing on monthly necessities. Some of my monthly spendings on cards include online bill payments, seasonal parking (multiple carparks), entertainment, food (restaurants, fastfood, grabpay), groceries (ntuc, redmart), children expense (daipers, formulas), other misc.

my avg monthly can go easily to 1k monthly on credit cards, or as high as 2-3k if im having plans for trips.
The categories are MODE of payments (online and paywave) rather than merchant codes (eg dining, shopping etc). That makes it easier for me
highsulphur is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.