Choa chu kang hdb flats price breaks one year low

Toni90

Reaction score
CCK HDB drop due to Feb BTO at this area. Some will decide to go for BTO .

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
It is a drop across the whole island for Hdb flats, just that isolated areas drop are more severe.

For the case of condo, affordable condos still hold price quite well. CCR and sentosa cove huge drop kind of drag the whole index down and furthermore if the drop is so severe, why is there a need for them to change calculation method?

Simple, you just check your Hdb valuation versus few years back? Up or down?

You got any hard data to back up this claim or is this hear say one?

I don't think you are right about HDB dropping across the board, some HDB flats are still being transacted at very very high prices, at over 800k - 1m. I know the valuation of my parent's marine parade HDB is almost unchanged in the past few years.

I bought my condo (in D15) many years ago before prices rocketed in 2012/2013 so the recent transacted prices in my area is still higher than my purchase price, but its definitely lower than the 2013 peak. All in all the general trend for both HDB and private has been down in the past few years, there is no reason to be bullish on private if you are very bearish on HDB.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hdb flats at high price were higher last time. You try look at the price trend? 1.1 M Hdb at marine parade? Are you kidding me?

Condos at geylang mostly transact at higher price than 2012.

You got any hard data to back up this claim or is this hear say one?

I don't think you are right about HDB dropping across the board, some HDB flats are still being transacted at very very high prices, at over 800k - 1m. I know the valuation of my parent's marine parade HDB is almost unchanged in the past few years.

I bought my condo (in D15) many years ago before prices rocketed in 2012/2013 so the recent transacted prices in my area is still higher than my purchase price, but its definitely lower than the 2013 peak. All in all the general trend for both HDB and private has been down in the past few years, there is no reason to be bullish on private if you are very bearish on HDB.

3dfxplayer

Reaction score
Hdb flats at high price were higher last time. You try look at the price trend? 1.1 M Hdb at marine parade? Are you kidding me?

Condos at geylang mostly transact at higher price than 2012.

Higher than... what? Condos?

I didn't say marine parade flats are being sold at 1.1m, I said there are still many HDBs transacted at 800k - 1m price range. Marine parade flats have largely held their value in the last few years, the price decline from the peak is at worst the same as overall market, at best about 5% outperformance.

All Geylang condos are transacting at higher price than 2012? You have any transaction data to back up that claim?

By transaction data I mean URA lodged caveats, not advertised asking price on propertyguru.

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually if you look at HDB resale index, the trend is slightly down while private property is on the rise.

These are just short term adjustments. In the long term, the overall price movements will be hghly correlated.

So no point trying to short (if possible) HDB and long private property.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Around 2012 or 2013, most freehold small condo in geylang still selling at 400 plus k now almost all asking 500 k up already. I lazy to find, if you want to find, you just try search for it.

Marine parade not dropping? Cannot be, this is a overall drop in Hdb across the whole island, more evident in isolated areas. Do you have data to back your claim, data I mean URA lodged caveats, not asking price in PropertyGuru.

Higher than... what? Condos?

I didn't say marine parade flats are being sold at 1.1m, I said there are still many HDBs transacted at 800k - 1m price range. Marine parade flats have largely held their value in the last few years, the price decline from the peak is at worst the same as overall market, at best about 5% outperformance.

All Geylang condos are transacting at higher price than 2012? You have any transaction data to back up that claim?

By transaction data I mean URA lodged caveats, not advertised asking price on propertyguru.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Private condo index are largely affected by huge drop of CCR and sentosa cove condos and that government intervention in how to do calculation of index. If they don't resort to that, I will believe even RCR or OCR condos drop price. Even more for condos near my area, new transacted price are on the rise too.

Actually if you look at HDB resale index, the trend is slightly down while private property is on the rise.

These are just short term adjustments. In the long term, the overall price movements will be hghly correlated.

So no point trying to short (if possible) HDB and long private property.

aKaGiz

Reaction score
Every month srx will send a sms on the value of your property. I think it is largely unchanged.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Renovation do play a role.
And is there any proof?

Anyway. .my sure huat meaning I don't believe such thing as sure (just in case u misinterpreted haha)

Proof? Go hdb Webby lo...search bukit merah..

Anyway don't think Reno plays so much lah..unless the buyer not changing anything haha..

Cause if me...I won't bother haha

Not bad lah...use 450k get back even 800k also good (stay 6yrs plus 2k monthly rental)..don't think I can complain haha

Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2012 bukit Merah selling for 450 k only? You sure it is the same kind of flat?

Anyway. .my sure huat meaning I don't believe such thing as sure (just in case u misinterpreted haha)

Proof? Go hdb Webby lo...search bukit merah..

Anyway don't think Reno plays so much lah..unless the buyer not changing anything haha..

Cause if me...I won't bother haha

Not bad lah...use 450k get back even 800k also good (stay 6yrs plus 2k monthly rental)..don't think I can complain haha

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This the the transacted values for 75A red hill close

I cannot capture the whole screen, but I show you the proof, take note of the dates and price trend if posssible:

m1t2WuI.jpg

CSlUjrR.jpg

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didn't make up the data, look at the transacted values for same size flat.

Red hill supposed to be a highly sought after location.
Clearly 2012, there isn't any 450 k hdb flat available for this 75A.

pcmdan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2012 bukit Merah selling for 450 k only? You sure it is the same kind of flat?

No lah I ballot it under SOBF in 2009. 2012 completion. I think u forgotten such thing as time to build and time u purchase

If u have tracked my posts since long time ago...u will know that I always maintain my position that I bought my house for 450k (that's including all stamp duty and whatnot)

Am surprised u looked at 5rm...mine is 4room only haha

Last edited:

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This should be considered as 2009 purchase.
09-12 huge rise, but 12-18 actually not rise at all.

No lah I ballot it under SOBF in 2009. 2012 completion. I think u forgotten such thing as time to build and time u purchase

If u have tracked my posts since long time ago...u will know that I always maintain my position that I bought my house for 450k (that's including all stamp duty and whatnot)

mummy1234

Banned
Reaction score
For those who are interested, mummy's condo name is smart suites.
Current tenanted out at 2100 sgd per month, 2 rooms, 498 sqft. Correct me if I remembered wrongly.

S$2200 per mth plus cleaning fees and 452 sq ft only.

aKaGiz

Reaction score
How come you bought your 4 room flat in 2009 for so high?? 450k?? Mine is less than 300k in 2009.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.