Choa chu kang hdb flats price breaks one year low

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expected to go down even further, some flat owners took one year to sell flat. Design and build flats may face even more difficulty to sell. Start to become negative assets?

3 rooms median: 270000 (245000 lowest)
4 rooms median : 338000 (290000 lowest)
5 rooms median : 410000 (343800 lowest)

Still very expensive?

http://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20180208-833843

JXSy8nV.jpg

Last edited:

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Expected to go down even further, some flat owners took one year to sell flat. Design and build flats may face even more difficulty to sell. Start to become negative assets?

3 rooms median: 270000
4 rooms median : 338000
5 rooms median : 410000

Still very expensive?

Is the the start of the end of the road for property prices rising in the near future?

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think Hdb resale will keep breaking new low if they don't change policy. I anticipate that to happen and the flat owners start to 呱呱叫when they trying to sell their flat, especially those at more isolated locations.

Is the the start of the end of the road for property prices rising in the near future?

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they don't allow PRs to buy Hdb flats, it will be another super good news for potential buyers, price will plunge over time due to lack of demand for resale flats, bto will also be affected.
Hope they announce that soon.

JuniorLion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If they don't allow PRs to buy Hdb flats, it will be another super good news, price will plunge over time due to lack of demand for resale flats, bto will also be affected.

Really? Would that be in the pipeline? If PR can't buy HDB flats, then they might as well not be PRs .. unless they are a super rich bunch...

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still have some incentives like subsidized education fee and reduced ABSD for private property purchase.

Anyway, HDB by right supposed to be citizenship entitlement.
Don't think that is in the pipeline though, just my wishful thinking.

Really? Would that be in the pipeline? If PR can't buy HDB flats, then they might as well not be PRs .. unless they are a super rich bunch...

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
The concept of "cheap" needs to be addressed. How low is considered "cheap"...

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The concept of "cheap" needs to be addressed. How low is considered "cheap"...

The price will just keep dropping now, not sure what is the bottom now.
Once the first batch of flats are taken back without any renewal in lease or SERS, there goes the market for old HDB flats. :D

Then people here no need to complain about high HDB flats prices anymore, win win situation. Isn't it so?

Shion

Senior Mentor
Reaction score
The price will just keep dropping now, not sure what is the bottom now.
Once the first batch of flats are taken back without any renewal in lease or SERS, there goes the market for old HDB flats. :D

Then people here no need to complain about high HDB flats prices anymore, win win situation. Isn't it so?

Just a matter of time old HDB flats are gone for new ones :(

And, no matter at what price, people will complain =:p

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just a matter of time old HDB flats are gone for new ones :(

And, no matter at what price, people will complain =:p

Last time older flats are all at super good and central location, government always have SERS for existing owners. Now, more and more HDB flats are in isolated locations, will there be SERS? and is SERS an entitlement for HDB owners?

Remember there was once someone warned about don't take HDB SERS as granted when high combined income young couples chose to buy old and ultra big flats with very limited number of years left on lease?

starlight318

Reaction score
If they don't allow PRs to buy Hdb flats, it will be another super good news for potential buyers, price will plunge over time due to lack of demand for resale flats, bto will also be affected.

Don't understand, why do you hope to see prices drop further? Are u an hdb owner yourself? Or hoping to buy at cheap price?

For me, I dont intend to sell my flat so doesnt really affect me. Just that drop in prices will eventually affect rental which is more of a concern for me. :)

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Not really a Hdb owner or potential buyer, but I hope people will start to see negative impact and really feel it soon.

Rental is more dependent on foreign workers here, most of them are not potential buyers, think the market is different.

Don't understand, why do you hope to see prices drop further? Are u an hdb owner yourself? Or hoping to buy at cheap price?

For me, I dont intend to sell my flat so doesnt really affect me. Just that drop in prices will eventually affect rental which is more of a concern for me. :)

peipei1

Reaction score
Yes! Drop! Burn all those reselling HDB jokers until their pants drop! HDB should be public housing, you only resale to upgrade and not invest for profits every 5 years!

ocs_woodlands

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The correct way to play the HDB game is to get it as your 1st property. Keep it.
Buy a 2nd property. Stay in that pte property and rent out the HDB flat until its lease runs out :s13::D

SBC

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks to MBT for not building any HDB & Khaw had to build them non-stop.

NewInvestor

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once HDB flat become negative equity it will become election issue. Serve all those kumgongs right for wishing that prices will drop and no foreigners here. Please drop price until collapse!

MikeDirnt78

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Singapore is so accessible. HDB price at CCK cannot remain at a huge discount compared to nearby area.

If the discount is so huge, government might as well take back the land and convert into cemeteries.

OngHuatHuat

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hdb flats price are dropping across the whole island, just that CCK and a few more isolated areas are dropping more and face difficulties to sell.

Now this news is out, may put even more downward pressure on CCK flats.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.