Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

shpesft

Reaction score
Just checking: are we able to open a joint Maxigain account if both persons have their own Single account? I tried to open a joint account today and was told I cannot open a joint Maxigain account as both of us have our individual single Maxigain account

Sinkie

Greater Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Just checking: are we able to open a joint Maxigain account if both persons have their own Single account? I tried to open a joint account today and was told I cannot open a joint Maxigain account as both of us have our individual single Maxigain account

Who say cannot? I have a single and a joint with my spouse and my spouse also has a single maxigain too

But maybe they change rule?

hlw8888

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You should change. Citibank Step up account max interest is 0.13% per annum. The Maxigain is at least 0.8% per annum at base interest and will step up to at least 2% by 1 year.

However, it also depends on what you are using your Citibank account for. If it’s just to keep extra cash, then it’s okay. If it’s for a savings account for day to day usage, do consider other accounts like UOB One, BOC smartsaver, DBS multiplier, Maybank Saveup etc. Even CIMB FastSaver which you don’t have to do anything to hit higher interest gets you 1% per annum.

It's a good account. note that you cannot withdraw money from it if you want your interest rates to grow over time.

thks for the valuable inputs. :)

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
The online application thing is what? We submit informations first then still need to go down for documents signature...?

shpesft

Reaction score
Thanks. I called up the hotline to confirm we can have both a single and a joint account. I’m now at MacDonald house waiting for the account to be processed.

New lesson to be learnt: go to MacDonald house branch to settle the account

Who say cannot? I have a single and a joint with my spouse and my spouse also has a single maxigain too

But maybe they change rule?

Froggyman

Reaction score
Thanks. I called up the hotline to confirm we can have both a single and a joint account. I’m now at MacDonald house waiting for the account to be processed.

New lesson to be learnt: go to MacDonald house branch to settle the account

So which branch give you the wrong info?
Thanks.

Last edited:

shpesft

Reaction score
Punggol Waterway point branch. First told me I can’t have both a single and joint account. Then even if the account is opened, I will only get the basic savings account interest instead of the Maxigain benefits.

So which branch give you the wrong info?
Thanks.

Morning Sunshine

Reaction score
I would like to recommend the Citibank staff who served me. He is very efficient and knowledgeable.
I received my citi Maxigain account number on the spot. Then I transferred 10k that very day via FAST. According to him, you could also drop a cheque but must be before a certain time for cheque to clear on that day. I didn’t transfer 15k because I signed up for Priority account which I put 5k in. So the total relationship amount with the bank must be $15k under which the fall below fee will be incurred.

You can have two Maxigain accounts, one single and the other joint, according to him.

His name is Mr Neo Say Kang, 91792428. He is at the Serangoon Gardens branch everyday, I believe. On Saturdays after 1pm, he will head over to the Punggol Waterway Point.

shpesft

Reaction score
The Serangoon Gardens Branch has closed effective from 7 Feb 2018 though.

I would like to recommend the Citibank staff who served me. He is very efficient and knowledgeable.
I received my citi Maxigain account number on the spot. Then I transferred 10k that very day via FAST. According to him, you could also drop a cheque but must be before a certain time for cheque to clear on that day. I didn’t transfer 15k because I signed up for Priority account which I put 5k in. So the total relationship amount with the bank must be $15k under which the fall below fee will be incurred.

You can have two Maxigain accounts, one single and the other joint, according to him.

His name is Mr Neo Say Kang, 91792428. He is at the Serangoon Gardens branch everyday, I believe. On Saturdays after 1pm, he will head over to the Punggol Waterway Point.

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score
I plan to go within these few days with cheque. I do this during mid month if cheque takes some time to clear also no impact for the 0 month right?

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
like to check with you guys how long it took to receive login ID/password emailer? it took 5 working day to receive confirmation letter & ATM/debit card

Last edited:

shpesft

Reaction score
You need the ATM/debit/credit card to sign up for internet banking. There isn’t another login ID/password mailer.

like to check with you guys how long it took to receive login ID/password emailer? it took 5 working day to receive confirmation letter & ATM/debit card

rrr2015

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
oh thanks! ... so need to apply internet banking at ATM after i received the PIN? Could I do that online?

sorry ... been a very long time since i last apply for new bank account :o
You need the ATM/debit/credit card to sign up for internet banking. There isn’t another login ID/password mailer.

shpesft

Reaction score
Go to the Citibank website,
Click on login. There should be an option to register. You will need to enter your ATM/Debit Card number and the PIN you will sent for the card. You can then enter your login ID and password.

oh thanks! ... so need to apply internet banking at ATM after i received the PIN? Could I do that online?

Donburi1

Reaction score
Go to the Citibank website,
Click on login. There should be an option to register. You will need to enter your ATM/Debit Card number and the PIN you will sent for the card. You can then enter your login ID and password.

mine was the rm register my login ID and password on the same day. Then just wait for ATM card to register for the token

PC-User

Master Member
Reaction score

Will setup Internet banking when opening account. Token is optional. Can just use SMS OTP.

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My ibanking was setup during the opening of the maxigain acc at the branch.

Then came the smrt cc card a few days later via mail.

Then came the debit card later bia mail which I stored and keep it in my drawer since I wun be needing this whatsoever.

There is no token send to me, I am using the sms OTP instead. Can I check, do you need token to transfer amount out from citi bank? Cos my CIMB needs to.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.