HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree593Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-12-2017, 09:44 AM   #1546
Supremacy Member

It seems the last day to fast transfer is on 29 Dec. It is posted already.

I fast transfered anothrt again on 30 Dec. Not posted yet
30Dec is a Sat and it should be posted. However, there is a cut off time on Sat, perhaps u transferred later than cut off time.
tmkedmw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 10:26 AM   #1547
Master Member

It seems the last day to fast transfer is on 29 Dec. It is posted already.

I fast transfered anothrt again on 30 Dec. Not posted yet
just curious, what time did you do the fast transfer on Saturday? want to know the cut-off time for them to post a Saturday transaction.

but to be safe, it's best to do all sorts of transactions on working days. maybe better if it's before 5pm or something. banks could be more transparent about this I think...
maumu is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 01:16 PM   #1548

just curious, what time did you do the fast transfer on Saturday? want to know the cut-off time for them to post a Saturday transaction.

but to be safe, it's best to do all sorts of transactions on working days. maybe better if it's before 5pm or something. banks could be more transparent about this I think...
Hmm can't remember leh..
Definitely before 11am on Saturday though
sgdividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 01:25 PM   #1549

Hmm can't remember leh..
Definitely before 11am on Saturday though
To be safe, I did the transfer on 29 (Friday). I was worried the Saturday transaction won’t be posted on time
shpesft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 01:27 PM   #1550

if 11am on Sat, should be okay, probably be reflected later as 30 Dec , maybe by 2nd Jan..
savinmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 02:26 PM   #1551

if 11am on Sat, should be okay, probably be reflected later as 30 Dec , maybe by 2nd Jan..
Eh wait...sorry ...

It's reflected 30 dec tranfer is reflected on 30 dec when I logged on...just below the bonus intest earned and interest earned
sgdividends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 04:46 PM   #1552
Arch-Supremacy Member

MaxiGain needs to maintain a daily end of day balance of at least S$10,000 in the account to earn base interest. means can i have a balance of 2k for 12 months later i pour in my funds and pump in money at the end of counter 12?

got a large purchase on the way soon.....

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-12-2017, 09:34 PM   #1553
Master Member

MaxiGain needs to maintain a daily end of day balance of at least S$10,000 in the account to earn base interest. means can i have a balance of 2k for 12 months later i pour in my funds and pump in money at the end of counter 12?

See quote:
I see some slightly inaccurate info posted:

"fund on first day of the month to earn interest"
- only Bonus interest is based on "lowest monthly balance". Base interest is based on "daily balance". so if you fail to fund on first day, it delays your step-up counter & Bonus interest, but the money will earn Base interest

"max amount is 150k"
- 150k is the ceiling to earn Base interest. Bonus interest got no ceiling. Thus, amt above 150k earns Bonus interest (1.2% if you have 12 step-up counters) + 0.05% default Base interest

There is a minimum balance to earn Base interest - 10k. Below 10k you get zero Base interest

However, Citibank requires a Total Relationship Balance of 15k to avoid service fee of $15 per mth, so best is to make sure you have at least 15k with Citi
Old 01-01-2018, 02:55 AM   #1554
Master Member

Eh wait...sorry ...

It's reflected 30 dec tranfer is reflected on 30 dec when I logged on...just below the bonus intest earned and interest earned
oh, so you FAST at around 11am on Saturday (30 Dec) and it was posted later that day? that's good news - it means it is possible to FAST on a Saturday (but has to be morning I supposed).

maybe i'll ask the bank one day what exactly is the cut-off time...
Old 01-01-2018, 08:10 AM   #1555

I think you mah have quoted the wrong monthly figure. I have a similar question:
If I maintain 15k + interest in my maxigain account till counter 12, will the lump sum I pour in after that enjoy the maximum interest subsequently?

ixoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 10:31 AM   #1556
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think you mah have quoted the wrong monthly figure. I have a similar question:
If I maintain 15k + interest in my maxigain account till counter 12, will the lump sum I pour in after that enjoy the maximum interest subsequently?
Yes thats correct.
mikezuper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 11:15 AM   #1557

hi guys,

i would like to check. is it better for me to set up the account today( 1st jan) or better to set up towards the end of the month? meaning if i set up today, will there be any interest till mnth end? or should i set up the acc at mnth end sk that next mnth striaght away got bonus interest? thanx
soho87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:15 PM   #1558

i manage to open the acc online.abit of hassle but do able.
first sign up online, then received email asking me to call hotline to sign up.
called up and proceed with the procedure, verification and told me the acc will be ready..after some time didnt see the acc appear in the internet banking, called up again.this time maybe they connect to the right department, the acc been setup after 3 days without i need to visit the branch.definitly not the best exp to open an acc online..

https://imgur.com/a/iOKvW
For those who open account online (or delayed opening, i.e. didn't open on the day), how did you receive your account number, password, and credit card?

By email or snail mail?
ltvp.paladin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 12:27 PM   #1559
Master Member

hi guys,

i would like to check. is it better for me to set up the account today( 1st jan) or better to set up towards the end of the month? meaning if i set up today, will there be any interest till mnth end? or should i set up the acc at mnth end sk that next mnth striaght away got bonus interest? thanx
don't think u can open account today... banks are closed. it is better to open account near month end unless you managed to fund the account immediately upon account opening (on the same day).
Old 02-01-2018, 09:37 AM   #1560

Anyone can advise? I reread the email but never mentioned about continuity.

"Exclusively for you, enjoy 3 additional counters jump the next month when you accumulate new funds of minimally S$50,000 in your Citi MaxiGain Savings Account within the same month from now till 31 December 2017."
Anyone having and using this promo? Didn't notice any counter jump
Buzy_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.