Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ok got to wait till end of march to see if I got the $8 from the CIMB fastsaver top up.

Then in the money goes to Citibank maxigain. 16 k plus another 13 k ain't too bad. But no where near the 70k needed for priority. Ah well.

Buzy_bee

Reaction score
Ok got to wait till end of march to see if I got the $8 from the CIMB fastsaver top up.

Then in the money goes to Citibank maxigain. 16 k plus another 13 k ain't too bad. But no where near the 70k needed for priority. Ah well.

Actually we were given priority during application. Without us asking for it. Only maintained 15k.

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Actually we were given priority during application. Without us asking for it. Only maintained 15k.

well the guy did ask la. but he said must fund within 2 months even if I didn't have the priority. I still need the cash for my elderly parents in case something happens and we need to cough up cash first before the insurance pays back.

rottingapple

Banned
Reaction score
just do lump sum 15k...
the interest computed daily so the earlier u dump in the more interest u earn :s22:

Yeah i started off with 15k. Now slowly bringing my savings from elsewhere to Maxigain :)

but pumping in would also mean you wont see it till u super need it

Yup, i foresee i will not need it unless i really have emergency. I keep a float of about 5k liquid savings in other banks.

trevallyo

Reaction score
effectively once if you already clocked 2-3 counters , you can start transfering over since 2-3 counters to 80% of 1-mth sibor is > 1%, ie more than the no frills cimb fastsaver? is that right ?

leonaheidern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sounds good I can start to empty my CIMB fastsaver in 2-3 months. Currently get around 8 -9 dollars a month in CIMB fastsaver but can't touch till the end of this month because of the 4th Feb li Chun promo. Hope I do get that $8 from tje $1288 li Chun promo

jayz89

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but do take note once u put in more $, you can only take those out when u reach counter 6. if you dont mind resetting your counter that is.

lindseymin

Reaction score
Hi, a question regarding counter 6 and resetting. Abit confuse myself.

1) If my counter is at 6 and I withdraw money. Means next month counter will not increase but remain at 6.

3502sr7.jpg

2) Starting from counter 6 month (ie. Jan), assuming I draw out money every single month after that, means in Feb-Mar-Apr-May-June-July-Aug...etc all will stay at counter 6 forever right?

so even if I withdraw money frequently, I still can get at least 1.6% (80% current SIBOR+0.6) interest on my savings?

Pls correct me if wrong.

shashimi

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So the min I need to put is 15k to avoid the $15 fall below fee every month?

Sent from Santorini using GAGT

StarSeven

Reaction score
I just returned from their Parkway Parade branch without opening the account.

I do not have 15k with me but I told the staff that I will transfer the sum by today once I have the account number.

He told me that I need to apply for a credit card to be eligible for the fall-below fee wavier. I'm not sure if this is part of Citibank's policy or if I was threatened/blackmailed by the staff to apply for a card that I do not need. Either way, I'm not going to put a single cent into this bank.

shpesft

Reaction score
You don’t need a credit card for this account. Been to 3 different branches to open this account and the one from Orchard (MacDonald house) had the best service and least hassle.

I do not have 15k with me but I told the staff that I will transfer the sum by today once I have the account number.

He told me that I need to apply for a credit card to be eligible for the fall-below fee wavier. I'm not sure if this is part of Citibank's policy or if I was threatened/blackmailed by the staff to apply for a card that I do not need. Either way, I'm not going to put a single cent into this bank.

vddgnd

Reaction score
Citibank has TRB and AUM. May I know the difference is it TRB is to determine whether service fee $15 will be charged , whereas the AUM is to determine the status or benefits with the bank.

Without any saving acc with Citibank, if now open Maxigain with only the initial $15k (wait for counter increase) without taking part in the $70k priority banking welcome rebate $250, will I lost out anything?

cokezero

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

This problem keeps persisting.

They are bringing sales to the bank and the higher management won't do anything to them.

Newmaxi

Reaction score
I have just opened a joint account and fund it with $1. The officer told me that I will not incur any fall below fee cos I have a single maxigain account. And the joint account bonus counter will start from next month.

TabascoSauce

Master Member
Reaction score

take down his name, and write to MAS.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.