HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree392Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-02-2018, 08:48 PM   #2056

I received my citi Maxigain account number on the spot. Then I transferred 10k that very day via FAST. According to him, you could also drop a cheque but must be before a certain time for cheque to clear on that day. I didnít transfer 15k because I signed up for Priority account which I put 5k in. So the total relationship amount with the bank must be $15k under which the fall below fee will be incurred.
I plan to go within these few days with cheque. I do this during mid month if cheque takes some time to clear also no impact for the 0 month right?
PC-User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:22 PM   #2057

like to check with you guys how long it took to receive login ID/password emailer? it took 5 working day to receive confirmation letter & ATM/debit card

Last edited by rrr2015; 12-02-2018 at 11:24 PM..
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:35 PM   #2058

You need the ATM/debit/credit card to sign up for internet banking. There isn’t another login ID/password mailer.

like to check with you guys how long it took to receive login ID/password emailer? it took 5 working day to receive confirmation letter & ATM/debit card
shpesft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2018, 11:48 PM   #2059

oh thanks! ... so need to apply internet banking at ATM after i received the PIN? Could I do that online?

sorry ... been a very long time since i last apply for new bank account
You need the ATM/debit/credit card to sign up for internet banking. There isnít another login ID/password mailer.
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2018, 12:40 AM   #2060

Go to the Citibank website,
Click on login. There should be an option to register. You will need to enter your ATM/Debit Card number and the PIN you will sent for the card. You can then enter your login ID and password.

oh thanks! ... so need to apply internet banking at ATM after i received the PIN? Could I do that online?

rrr2015 likes this.
Old 14-02-2018, 10:17 AM   #2061

Go to the Citibank website,
Click on login. There should be an option to register. You will need to enter your ATM/Debit Card number and the PIN you will sent for the card. You can then enter your login ID and password.
mine was the rm register my login ID and password on the same day. Then just wait for ATM card to register for the token
Donburi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 11:18 AM   #2062

Will setup Internet banking when opening account. Token is optional. Can just use SMS OTP.
rrr2015 likes this.
Old 14-02-2018, 11:34 AM   #2063
Master Member

My ibanking was setup during the opening of the maxigain acc at the branch.

Then came the smrt cc card a few days later via mail.

Then came the debit card later bia mail which I stored and keep it in my drawer since I wun be needing this whatsoever.

There is no token send to me, I am using the sms OTP instead. Can I check, do you need token to transfer amount out from citi bank? Cos my CIMB needs to.
jayz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2018, 12:00 PM   #2064

No need for Citibank. Just use SMS token is fine

My ibanking was setup during the opening of the maxigain acc at the branch.

Then came the smrt cc card a few days later via mail.

Then came the debit card later bia mail which I stored and keep it in my drawer since I wun be needing this whatsoever.

There is no token send to me, I am using the sms OTP instead. Can I check, do you need token to transfer amount out from citi bank? Cos my CIMB needs to.
Old 14-02-2018, 01:01 PM   #2065
Master Member

No need for Citibank. Just use SMS token is fine
Perfect. Thanks!
jayz89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 09:08 AM   #2066

I plan to go within these few days with cheque. I do this during mid month if cheque takes some time to clear also no impact for the 0 month right?
If the money is not received on the same day of account opening, u lose one counter
luvalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 01:27 PM   #2067

If the money is not received on the same day of account opening, u lose one counter
Mine got a problem. Couldn't get an account number on the same day. It's due to probably same name with another customer issue they said. I need to wait for a few working days after CNY then only can deposit the cheque. Then maybe I'll just transfer to save the hassle. But they already issue me priority status base on the amount (of the cheque). So if I transfer in different amount don't know what happen.
Old 15-02-2018, 02:43 PM   #2068

Mine got a problem. Couldn't get an account number on the same day. It's due to probably same name with another customer issue they said. I need to wait for a few working days after CNY then only can deposit the cheque. Then maybe I'll just transfer to save the hassle. But they already issue me priority status base on the amount (of the cheque). So if I transfer in different amount don't know what happen.
Mine got problem too. Half a month already still no news from them.
spiral83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 04:03 PM   #2069

Mine got problem too. Half a month already still no news from them.
They all celebrating chinese new year mah. lol
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2018, 04:28 PM   #2070

you dont lose 1 counter as the opening month does not have counter, the counter start at the next month.

you only lose the bonus int since the lowest amount of the opening month is 0
Donburi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.