HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree649Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2018, 08:13 AM   #2326
High Supremacy Member

I waited 1.5 months

They forgotten to process my application and when they were processed, it was delay for another 1 week due to missing forms
I went to the branch 3 times before getting it open, so troublesome and the staff not really care
Same unpleasant experience. The branch staff, the call centre all pushing responsibilities. Dun want admit forget/not processed.

Sent from infect tia ho using GAGT
paradigm paralysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 08:19 AM   #2327
Arch-Supremacy Member

Not sure I opened on 14 march 2018 and deposited on 31 march 2018 again from cimb fastsaver. Will do periodic top ups from ocbc360 once salary comes in and taxes and premiums paid.

I literally went to plaza sing DBS withdrew 15k and walked to McDonald's house branch of Citibank on a weekday morning to open.

Kinda felt like royalty lol cause of the credit card offer and priority banking offer. I am a supplementary card holder of the cashback card prior to opening the account. I eventually didn't activate the smrt Citibank card that was offered
It's still in my drawer.

Funnily enough the limit on this card is higher than the cashback card but I won't activate till my standard charted card has emptied the ezlink balance to a reasonable level because I use the card to take bus home.
leonaheidern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 01:27 PM   #2328

Is it because that is not a full banking branch? I opened on a Saturday near closing hour but still got the account number before left the bank. Not sure is it because it is a full banking branch or I am existing credit card holder and has ibanking already.
I went JE. Should be full banking right? Just that they said my name is same with another customer so have to 'check' first.
PC-User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 02:42 PM   #2329

I went JE. Should be full banking right? Just that they said my name is same with another customer so have to 'check' first.
JE is Full Service Branch.
NRIC is unique, name is possible to be same, no reason to check for so long.
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:06 PM   #2330
Master Member

It has been over a week for me so far.

The banking officer processed my application on the spot (I was at her table for an entire >30mins) but said my name had some issue so I will have to wait and should receive calls from them but none till date.

No account number given to me either. Just setting up my username and password and told me that when I log in for the first time I will be prompted to change my password.

Holland V branch.
swordsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 03:29 PM   #2331

The banking officer processed my application on the spot (I was at her table for an entire >30mins) but said my name had some issue so I will have to wait and should receive calls from them but none till date.

No account number given to me either. Just setting up my username and password and told me that when I log in for the first time I will be prompted to change my password.

Holland V branch.
HV also full service branch.
Citibank system so particular about the name... could not understand.

I think I am very lucky. I opened on the last day of the month near branch closing time. Got the account number and managed to Fast in same day. Maybe because I already has citibank ibanking.
vddgnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #2332

Holland V branch.
Mine same name issue. Take note of the day you receive SMS saying your name/address has been updated that's the day your account is opened.
Old 10-04-2018, 08:33 PM   #2333

Another issue about funding on the first day of account opening... if you issue cheque, it will be considered as funded the next day due to one day chq clearance. So it's best that the bank officer will allow you to FAST, if not you will have to carry cash.

It seems to spell trouble if the account cannot be opened on the spot. Because this means you wont know your account number upfront and end up not being able to fund the account as soon as it is opened. And, as experienced by some customer, the application may get unprocessed or rejected due to system issue(?).

Also, if your account no. is not generated yet and you dont have any other credit cards or savings account with Citi, you wont be able to login the Citi internet banking. But can still call 62255225 to verbally check your status with CSO.
Hwsemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:39 PM   #2334
Master Member

You should get your Welcome letter during account opening at branch. Account no is indicated the letter

You should wait for debit/credit card. once you receive, you must activate the card otherwise you will not receive the debit/credit card PIN

once you receive your PIN, you may proceed to create your internet banking ID & password

Holland V branch.
rrr2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 09:52 PM   #2335
Master Member

I got my account details even my assigned RM details on the spot. Maybe because I already have credit cards with them.
yamakazi51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2018, 10:56 PM   #2336

You should get your Welcome letter during account opening at branch. Account no is indicated the letter

You should wait for debit/credit card. once you receive, you must activate the card otherwise you will not receive the debit/credit card PIN

once you receive your PIN, you may proceed to create your internet banking ID & password
No that's the old process. Now IB ID & password is created on the day itself. Even if account opening is having issue and on hold like mine. So can log in immediately when receive SMS.
Old 11-04-2018, 06:07 AM   #2337

HV also full service branch.
Citibank system so particular about the name... could not understand.

I think I am very lucky. I opened on the last day of the month near branch closing time. Got the account number and managed to Fast in same day. Maybe because I already has citibank ibanking.
You are so lucky, I went there without cheque or cash of 15K, after wait for sometimes, they asked to go back after I bring cheque 15K

Capital Square Branch.
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 07:18 AM   #2338

PC-User, did you have existing Credit cards or other savings account when opening MaxiGain? Yes, I also created my internet ID & password on the spot. But cannot login yet because still need to wait for the debit card and the PIN mailer to be mailed to me, then can link the debit card no. to my internet ID to login.

By the way, since 80% of SIBOR currently is around 1.1% base interest, it seems to make sense to transfer CIMB Fastsaver funds into MaxiGain for 29days, and just transfer funds back to Fastsaver for 1day. In this way, MaxiGain lowest balance is still maintained at $15k (for 1day).

No that's the old process. Now IB ID & password is created on the day itself. Even if account opening is having issue and on hold like mine. So can log in immediately when receive SMS.
Hwsemb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #2339

PC-User, did you have existing Credit cards or other savings account when opening MaxiGain? Yes, I also created my internet ID & password on the spot. But cannot login yet because still need to wait for the debit card and the PIN mailer to be mailed to me, then can link the debit card no. to my internet ID to login.

By the way, since 80% of SIBOR currently is around 1.1% base interest, it seems to make sense to transfer CIMB Fastsaver funds into MaxiGain for 29days, and just transfer funds back to Fastsaver for 1day. In this way, MaxiGain lowest balance is still maintained at $15k (for 1day).
No, I'm first time Citi customer. I just waited until received the SMS then tried login already. Didn't wait for the ATM card.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:33 AM   #2340

did ur guys receive the citi priority debit mastercard? somehow they send me that.
khenwooi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.