HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree510Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-08-2018, 06:03 PM   #3316
Supremacy Member

What if customer accidentally provide wrong info or typo how?
If u key wrongly, who can u blame? Passport, identify card, credit card application can be online already, why opening of bank account cannot be done online?

Banks want to wayang hire all those RM, Bankers to do, what can we say? When you want to open account A, they will promote item B, C, D, E, F then hope u will buy those so that they can earn commission?

When u meet RM, it gives them an opportunity to sell something to u
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 06:04 PM   #3317
Greater Supremacy Member

If u key wrongly, who can u blame? Passport, identify card, credit card application can be online already, why opening of bank account cannot be done online?

Banks want to wayang hire all those RM, Bankers to do, what can we say? When you want to open account A, they will promote item B, C, D, E, F then hope u will buy those so that they can earn commission?

When u meet RM, it gives them an opportunity to sell something to u
Exactly, when I go macdonald to buy my value meal, they still ask me do I want to upsize or not? Really irritating
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 06:08 PM   #3318

Is the rumour of $70k still ongoing or busted ?
soxwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 06:11 PM   #3319
Greater Supremacy Member

Is the rumour of $70k still ongoing or busted ?
Busted once in July but now still ongoing until nov
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #3320

Not sure if it’s believable. The jump from $10-15 to $70k is huge and will definitely scare off many customers.
soxwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 06:39 PM   #3321
Supremacy Member

Lol moving goal post.
furryballs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 08:19 PM   #3322
Supremacy Member

I am only keen in their maxigain account and some credit card. Their service level is almost non existent. Their branch also not impressive unless u go to the few big branches with citigold. Those “bankers” also hoot sala info.

If other banks has an alternative maxigain program, I will be happy to bring all my $$ over
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 09:15 PM   #3323
Master Member

hey folks, I got a call from a lady claiming to be my Citibank "personal banker"...

i'm not a big customer. only have maxigain (with $100k) and a cashback credit card with them. have been with the bank for > 15 years though.

she wants to arrange to meet sia. anyone have such experience before? I already told her i'm not interested to buy any financial products but she said just to meet to know me better.

how arh? those who met before, are they one-kind one? what she wanna sell? insurance-related? unit trusts?
maumu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2018, 11:59 PM   #3324

hey folks, I got a call from a lady claiming to be my Citibank "personal banker"...

i'm not a big customer. only have maxigain (with $100k) and a cashback credit card with them. have been with the bank for > 15 years though.

she wants to arrange to meet sia. anyone have such experience before? I already told her i'm not interested to buy any financial products but she said just to meet to know me better.

how arh? those who met before, are they one-kind one? what she wanna sell? insurance-related? unit trusts?
I got such a call too. Yes they confirm with boloso u that u can earn higher amt when u buy their insurance products.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
JetStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:06 AM   #3325
Master Member

She was able to call you as your account is old, and you probably did not register for the DNC, which means they still have your “permission” so to speak, to contact you with product and service offerings.

What they will do is to try to sell you insurance savings plans, most of which they will claim to have better returns than what you are getting.

It will mostly be a waste of your time unless the nice lady that called you is a real cutie, but i wouldnt count on it XD
joshua182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:30 AM   #3326
Arch-Supremacy Member

pretty? no harm knowing a new friend ma

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 12:56 AM   #3327
Master Member

I got such a call too. Yes they confirm with boloso u that u can earn higher amt when u buy their insurance products.

Sent from Samsung SM-G950F using GAGT
She was able to call you as your account is old, and you probably did not register for the DNC, which means they still have your “permission” so to speak, to contact you with product and service offerings.

What they will do is to try to sell you insurance savings plans, most of which they will claim to have better returns than what you are getting.

It will mostly be a waste of your time unless the nice lady that called you is a real cutie, but i wouldnt count on it XD
pretty? no harm knowing a new friend ma
thanks for all the sharing. i'm seriously weary (and wary) of such agents. no offence that they need a living but I know they have something up their sleeves.

will update her that I dowan to meet already. just a waste of time for both sides.

and no, so far all the 'relationship managers' I have had with other banks all is just for transaction only. literally transactional relationship. else they also won't bother to ask "how are you".

sigh.
Old 26-08-2018, 09:45 AM   #3328

thanks for all the sharing. i'm seriously weary (and wary) of such agents. no offence that they need a living but I know they have something up their sleeves.

will update her that I dowan to meet already. just a waste of time for both sides.

and no, so far all the 'relationship managers' I have had with other banks all is just for transaction only. literally transactional relationship. else they also won't bother to ask "how are you".

sigh.
yup, I met with the lady, and she just offers a long-term insurance plan, I said not interested, and that's all
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 09:54 AM   #3329
Master Member

I received a similar call, but from a guy. Told him I not interested, and if anything, just tell me more about it on phone, but he insist must meet.

I just hang the call.
jnashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2018, 10:12 AM   #3330
Master Member

yup, I met with the lady, and she just offers a long-term insurance plan, I said not interested, and that's all
yeah I am expecting that. just a waste of time for both parties. jin paiseh. so if know the outcome already, better don't bother to meet...

looks like it's quite common these days. this is the second banker (different bank) who asks to meet up recently. the banks making them work super hard I guess...
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.