HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree518Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-09-2018, 10:42 AM   #3421

source please ?
I went there to open new acct

Last edited by Urbanchap; 19-09-2018 at 10:46 AM..
Urbanchap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 10:58 AM   #3422

Maxi-Gain acct now requires min 70K to earn bonus interest, instead of 10K for new accounts. Cap is still 150K. They will be mailing existing clients next month of the new min requirement.
Hmmmm if they mail next month means most likely it will only take effect on 1st Dec. As they will probably give a month notice period.
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 11:09 AM   #3423

Punggol branch really low ses, even the staff also buay kan. Open account can take 1.5h. Pui.

Sent from Samsung Note 8 using GAGT
Guess is just their account opening process? Opened a joint account with my Wife last mth and it took an hour too. Part of the confusion was trying to sort out the minimum required for me which took a while. After that was smooth.

Initially was told I needed S$250k for the new joint account as existing account is one relationship with one RM servicing it and the new joint account with me as main will be a new relationship with another RM assigned.

Anyway they sorted it out, I opened the account with $10k balance. But can’t imagine needing to deal with dunno how many RMs if I have like 2 or 3 joint accounts, eg with Wife, parents, kids etc
Old 19-09-2018, 12:49 PM   #3424
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did you see any black and white document on this? If not, think they trying to get u to deposit $70k so that they can earn commission.
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 01:46 PM   #3425
Master Member

Rumor begin again?

Sent from Samsung SM-A520F using GAGT
Tornesoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 02:16 PM   #3426

I went to capital Square branch yesterday to open a joint account and the person didn't say any such thing to me!!?!!
agmayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 02:18 PM   #3427

I went to capital Square branch yesterday to open a joint account and the person didn't say any such thing to me!!?!!
so how much did you open the account with?
a4973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 02:23 PM   #3428

Did you see any black and white document on this? If not, think they trying to get u to deposit $70k so that they can earn commission.
Wah if it is not true and they do that to get customer to TOP up is a case of Mis-selling. Also breaching their fair dealing guideline. Can lodge a complain

Last edited by LexusIS; 19-09-2018 at 02:27 PM..
Old 19-09-2018, 02:56 PM   #3429

Maybe you want to check with them and let us know. My funds was higher than 70K, so it doesn't affect me.

Staff said that it's a popular product, so they raise the minimum qualifying amt for bonus interest.

Last edited by Urbanchap; 19-09-2018 at 03:02 PM..
Old 19-09-2018, 03:29 PM   #3430
Arch-Supremacy Member

Maybe you want to check with them and let us know. My funds was higher than 70K, so it doesn't affect me.

Staff said that it's a popular product, so they raise the minimum qualifying amt for bonus interest.
Did the staff also told you you get some cashback bonus if you maintain $70k for certain period of time?
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 05:52 PM   #3431

Did the staff also told you you get some cashback bonus if you maintain $70k for certain period of time?
U mean in addition to the bonus interest? No. What's this cashback bonus?
Old 19-09-2018, 05:54 PM   #3432
Greater Supremacy Member

Wah if it is not true and they do that to get customer to TOP up is a case of Mis-selling. Also breaching their fair dealing guideline. Can lodge a complain
Maybe he was trying to apply for Citi priority? That was why the $70,000 min balance was mentioned, then it just somehow become $70,000 for citi maxigain
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2018, 10:40 PM   #3433
Supremacy Member

Guess is just their account opening process? Opened a joint account with my Wife last mth and it took an hour too. Part of the confusion was trying to sort out the minimum required for me which took a while. After that was smooth.

Initially was told I needed S$250k for the new joint account as existing account is one relationship with one RM servicing it and the new joint account with me as main will be a new relationship with another RM assigned.

Anyway they sorted it out, I opened the account with $10k balance. But can’t imagine needing to deal with dunno how many RMs if I have like 2 or 3 joint accounts, eg with Wife, parents, kids etc
Lol. That's nonsense.

Citi operates with a TRB (total relationship balance) system. In the event of a joint account, you name which person is the 'principal' - in other words, whose TRB is the joint account balance added to.

I've opened accounts (both joint, and single name) with Citi with $0 deposit, and moved funds in later, as my TRB already exceeds what they require.

In other words, if your wife has *no other account* with Citi, except this joint account, you should keep the TRB under you, since it makes no sense to keep it under her name as she has no other account with Citi; But If your wife has any other Citi account, then you should decide who is the principal, as the amount in the joint account is then added to that persons TRB, which could help avoid the fall-below fee on that person's account(s), if applicable.

A minimum deposit is required in the event you're opening a joint account, naming the other person as principal, and that person does not already have any Citi account.

Last edited by dreant; 19-09-2018 at 10:47 PM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-09-2018, 12:19 AM   #3434

Lol. That's nonsense.

Citi operates with a TRB (total relationship balance) system. In the event of a joint account, you name which person is the 'principal' - in other words, whose TRB is the joint account balance added to.

I've opened accounts (both joint, and single name) with Citi with $0 deposit, and moved funds in later, as my TRB already exceeds what they require.

In other words, if your wife has *no other account* with Citi, except this joint account, you should keep the TRB under you, since it makes no sense to keep it under her name as she has no other account with Citi; But If your wife has any other Citi account, then you should decide who is the principal, as the amount in the joint account is then added to that persons TRB, which could help avoid the fall-below fee on that person's account(s), if applicable.

A minimum deposit is required in the event you're opening a joint account, naming the other person as principal, and that person does not already have any Citi account.
Yeah thinking back I should have lodged a complaint. Not sure why are they feeding customers with Mis-information. But the one who inform me about this $250k is their service counter rep at priority counter, not their sales. Maybe branch referral target is high making them conveniently mis-inform customers. Where’s the fair dealing citibank ......
Old 20-09-2018, 06:04 PM   #3435

Sorry can I check again ...

If I withdraw money (assuming now I'm counter 8), it will fall down to which counter?
Ginnylim07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.