HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree514Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-09-2018, 10:06 AM   #3496

Reading this thread + my personal experience with Citi tells me that most of the time, the Citi salesmen don't know what the sh*t they are talking about, esp for maxigain. I wouldn't rely on anything they say until it appears in the TnC on the website

Sent from null using GAGT

Last edited by kehyi4; 27-09-2018 at 10:08 AM..
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:28 AM   #3497

For opening this account , do i need to bring some cash along or zero cash needed meaning i can do FAST on the same day?
af7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:38 AM   #3498

Went down to Citi to open an account and asked if I could FAST the money in, the salesperson said yes, IF i signed up for credit cards...
myename is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:47 AM   #3499

No need to sign up for credit card but you do need at least a Debit Card for Citibank internet banking. No need cash or cheque to open this account. Can Fast in once account is opened.
shpesft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 10:56 AM   #3500

Thank you. Opening today.

No need to sign up for credit card but you do need at least a Debit Card for Citibank internet banking. No need cash or cheque to open this account. Can Fast in once account is opened.
Went down to Citi to open an account and asked if I could FAST the money in, the salesperson said yes, IF i signed up for credit cards...
af7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 11:22 AM   #3501

Lol that’s funny...... Guess the answer u receive will depend on who is serving you. (Probably a cards sales person then, if Citigold acquisition manager the answer will be different)
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 11:30 AM   #3502

if my interest is $100+ every month, it is ok to use it to pay my citibank credit card bill of less than $100? i assume it does not affect the interest?

i just realised i can't do a transfer to other bank as it is not setup and i do not have the hardware token.
ixora2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 12:10 PM   #3503
Master Member

Talking about hardware token...
Does anyone here using Citi Mobile Token, a feature within the Citi Mobile App? Is it a replacement for hardware token and can use to create new payee ?
Old 27-09-2018, 01:00 PM   #3504
Master Member

Talking about hardware token...
Does anyone here using Citi Mobile Token, a feature within the Citi Mobile App? Is it a replacement for hardware token and can use to create new payee ?
Citibank no longer has physical tokens.
And yes, that Citi Mobile Token replaces it. So yes you use it to authenticate the payee adding as well.
ngbc likes this.
swordsly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #3505

went to a branch to enquire about withdrawal and ask the staff if i can withdraw the interest amount only for the current month, she says as long as you withdraw anything, the counter will drop. i asked her 2 times till she call a banker. i guess the banker was explaining to her over the phone for quite a while then she came back and say can withdraw the interest for the current month...

if i didnt read this forum, i will be 'conned' by her.
Old 27-09-2018, 02:17 PM   #3506
Greater Supremacy Member

went to a branch to enquire about withdrawal and ask the staff if i can withdraw the interest amount only for the current month, she says as long as you withdraw anything, the counter will drop. i asked her 2 times till she call a banker. i guess the banker was explaining to her over the phone for quite a while then she came back and say can withdraw the interest for the current month...

if i didnt read this forum, i will be 'conned' by her.
You asked the cleaner or the security?
ixora2007 likes this.
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 02:44 PM   #3507

the citi staff at the counter next to the queue machine...she was checking other matters for me and i asked her about it before leaving the branch.
Old 27-09-2018, 02:47 PM   #3508
Greater Supremacy Member

the citi staff at the counter next to the queue machine...she was checking other matters for me and i asked her about it before leaving the branch.
So you are implying these citi service staff were taught to con and lie to customer by the branch manager about citi maxigain? If itís true, I think better go lodge complaint

Anyway these service staff, if they donít know, should have just said donít know, why try to smoke people

Last edited by Sinkie; 27-09-2018 at 02:50 PM..
Sinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #3509

So you are implying these citi service staff were taught to con and lie to customer by the branch manager about citi maxigain? If it’s true, I think better go lodge complaint

Anyway these service staff, if they don’t know, should have just said don’t know, why try to smoke people
Don’t think bro ixora is implying anything. But probably there are too many Citi products with different features which the service folks on the ground might not be totally familar, probably not a common question.

But can’t stand the sales folks in trying to smoke customer for their own benefit. Seems to read about different sales folk giving wrong info to encourage customer to sign up or put more money. Similarly I encounter one service staff who told me the need to start the joint account with $250k (even tho I already had an acc) just 2 mths back.
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #3510

Don’t think bro ixora is implying anything. But probably there are too many Citi products with different features which the service folks on the ground might not be totally familar, probably not a common question.

But can’t stand the sales folks in trying to smoke customer for their own benefit. Seems to read about different sales folk giving wrong info to encourage customer to sign up or put more money. Similarly I encounter one service staff who told me the need to start the joint account with $250k (even tho I already had an acc) just 2 mths back.
not trying to say they are taught to con n lie...that's y i used inverted commas.
she answered my question so fast and naturally, it was only when i asked her the 2nd or 3rd time then she says she will confirm the banker.

at least she learn something new about the maxigain account today...lol.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.