HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree649Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #3811
Master Member

Some extra perks from Citibank. Just make sure you "topup" your bank account first before spending to maintain the minimum balance.
TnC says only targeted cardholders are eligible for this promo. So if no sms receive, I suppose I am not eligible.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-10-2018, 01:15 AM   #3812

Oh i didnt notice in the tnc. Sorry for the false alarm

TnC says only targeted cardholders are eligible for this promo. So if no sms receive, I suppose I am not eligible.
Tay Wen Hao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 10:24 AM   #3813
Supremacy Member

I just did that. I spent on Sunday and forgot to fast transfer till this morning. Now ibanking show those debit transactions as pending. Would I be losing my counters? The daily balance follow transaction date or posting date?

Some extra perks from Citibank. Just make sure you "topup" your bank account first before spending to maintain the minimum balance.
jackieatbtu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #3814

Sorry I think this question has been asked a lot of times. Please bear with me.

I just want to ask if we withdraw the interest every month, will the counter be reset?
Ginnylim07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2018, 02:03 PM   #3815

Sorry I think this question has been asked a lot of times. Please bear with me.

I just want to ask if we withdraw the interest every month, will the counter be reset?
It's also been answered many times: no reset if you withdraw interest only
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-10-2018, 10:23 PM   #3816
Master Member

Any personal banker approach you all?
What do they usually sell and is it even worth listening?
Sauzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #3817

Any personal banker approach you all?
What do they usually sell and is it even worth listening?
insurance, not really worthed
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-10-2018, 03:32 PM   #3818
High Supremacy Member

this year no top up some money and get 3 counter jump?

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #3819
Master Member

Will like to seek help from the kind souls here... i am new to this thread and am in the midst of digesting from 1st page onwards.

But it would helped greatly if someone got summarized the steps to maximise setting up maxigain account, i was reading something like put in 10K first then wait until rise above 1% then put in more from CIMB then etc... then some mention take out and reset counters etc... still trying to digest it all...

Cheers
Old 25-10-2018, 11:02 AM   #3820
Supremacy Member

Will like to seek help from the kind souls here... i am new to this thread and am in the midst of digesting from 1st page onwards.

But it would helped greatly if someone got summarized the steps to maximise setting up maxigain account, i was reading something like put in 10K first then wait until rise above 1% then put in more from CIMB then etc... then some mention take out and reset counters etc... still trying to digest it all...

Cheers
Read the Citi MaxiGain T&C & FAQ online.

Try to Open account in last week of the month, or whenever convenient (to minimise opportunity cost of funds)

Try to fund on same day of account opening with 15k via FAST, or whichever way convenient (to ensure Bonus Counter starts clocking at the earliest, else it will start a month later)

note: 10k is min to earn interest, but will kena fall below fee ... so 15k if u dont hv other AUM with Citi

After opening, for next 6 months ... dont do anything with the account, dont think about withdrawing anything ... by then, u shld be getting around 1.7% to 1.8% (if SIBOR remains at present level)

... then, think about whether 1.7/1.8% is attractive to pump more money in ... or wait longer

the key is to open an account to start the clock ticking
oceanicmanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 11:14 AM   #3821
Master Member

Try to Open account in last week of the month, or whenever convenient (to minimise opportunity cost of funds)

Try to fund on same day of account opening with 15k via FAST, or whichever way convenient (to ensure Bonus Counter starts clocking at the earliest, else it will start a month later)

note: 10k is min to earn interest, but will kena fall below fee ... so 15k if u dont hv other AUM with Citi

After opening, for next 6 months ... dont do anything with the account, dont think about withdrawing anything ... by then, u shld be getting around 1.7% to 1.8% (if SIBOR remains at present level)

... then, think about whether 1.7/1.8% is attractive to pump more money in ... or wait longer

Thanks for the sharing!

Looking at the sibor chart for past 2 years: http://sibor.sg/history.html

It's an upwards trend with the only major drop during Jan 2018

Last edited by jeremysv; 25-10-2018 at 11:18 AM..
jeremysv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 11:19 AM   #3822
Great Supremacy Member

Summary:
1. go Citibank, open maxigain with 15k
2. sit back for 6month
3. put in the rest of whatever you want.

Old 25-10-2018, 12:22 PM   #3823
Supremacy Member

Summary:
1. go Citibank, open maxigain with 15k
2. sit back for 6month
3. put in the rest of whatever you want.

Or, if you're an existing Citi customer, and already have the 15k TRB:
1. Call your RM to open an account
2. Transfer $1 into the account
3. Transfer in more when counter + base interest >= what you're currently getting.

Last/first week makes no difference. Interest is calculated daily anyway.
No need to FAST in, just deposit $1 into the account immediately once it's opened. The point is not to have $0 as the end-of-day balance on the first day.
If you're a new-to-bank customer, the initial $15k deposit must be funded at point of opening the account. (Source)

Last edited by dreant; 25-10-2018 at 12:29 PM..
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-10-2018, 12:39 PM   #3824
Master Member

If you're a new-to-bank customer, the initial $15k deposit must be funded at point of opening the account. (Source)
Does this mean 15K in cash to be deposited upon opening of account (even when i have citibank credit cards)?
Old 25-10-2018, 01:37 PM   #3825
Great Supremacy Member

Does this mean 15K in cash to be deposited upon opening of account (even when i have citibank credit cards)?
Credit card has nothing to do with maxigain account. Why?

Yes, 15k deposit.
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.