HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree537Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-10-2018, 08:12 PM   #3871
Master Member

any special privileges for Citi Priority ? is there lower trading fees commision or no min charge or something /
wira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:49 PM   #3872
Master Member

Can I ask why they want to discourage people from setting up MaxiGain accounts then?

I really have no reason to lie.
InvincibleTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 01:58 PM   #3873

any special privileges for Citi Priority ? is there lower trading fees commision or no min charge or something /
nothing useful.
khenwooi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 02:28 PM   #3874

meet their quota of head count & the soaring interest rate hike maybe ?

When bank meet the fund need normal will stop giving out good interest rate.
foxer77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 02:36 PM   #3875
Master Member

meet their quota of head count & the soaring interest rate hike maybe ?

When bank meet the fund need normal will stop giving out good interest rate.
That's quite terrible. Maybe I should record the conversation next time so that others will stop making accusations of me lying.
Old 29-10-2018, 04:05 PM   #3876
Master Member

That's quite terrible. Maybe I should record the conversation next time so that others will stop making accusations of me lying.
Chill..

I'm sure you are not lying, like many others before you. Just that the infos given by the staffs are often misleading and such rumours have been around for a long long time.. So the veterans here will attempt to crush such rumours unless the official report / memo is out in black and white.
Flex11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 05:02 PM   #3877
Supremacy Member

Bro, I believe you are NOT lying.
But remember the image below before spreading news that can NOT be confirmed... .

heng_ah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 05:14 PM   #3878

Bro, I believe you are NOT lying.
But remember the image below before spreading news that can NOT be confirmed... .
aiyoh, go easy on him/her lah, he/she doesn't know that the Citi-rumour cannot be trusted
luvpraline, awful999 and TehBeng like this.
kehyi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2018, 06:05 PM   #3879
Arch-Supremacy Member

Can I ask why they want to discourage people from setting up MaxiGain accounts then?

I really have no reason to lie.
hi, basically most of the bankers are just lazy ass shitters or that the company impose a very high quota on other types of sales for them so they can't be bothered to waste their time opening accounts when their time can be better spent doing something else. they are not discouraging ppl from opening maxigain, they just want to siam opening accounts if they are able to.

i went to 2-3 branches before managing to open one account with $0 balance. i shared my experience here : https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/1...-post3767.html

after my experience i understood why some of the bankers/staff are like that. its just the nature of the bank for some reason. it took me close to 45 mins to open one account having to fill in a lot of details(still ask about employment details, company name, annual income, etc etc) for the banker/form when i only need 15 mins or less opening a savings account in another bank (other banks - ic/address/set up ibanking acc- thats it). as someone mentioned before to me, if they 45 mins to open an account which doesn't contribute to quota, what if someone else walks in during that 45 mins and want to sign up a credit card account or other type of banking products that contribute to their quota? thats the problem
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 08:45 AM   #3880
Master Member

hi, basically most of the bankers are just lazy ass shitters or that the company impose a very high quota on other types of sales for them so they can't be bothered to waste their time opening accounts when their time can be better spent doing something else. they are not discouraging ppl from opening maxigain, they just want to siam opening accounts if they are able to.

i went to 2-3 branches before managing to open one account with $0 balance. i shared my experience here : https://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/1...-post3767.html

after my experience i understood why some of the bankers/staff are like that. its just the nature of the bank for some reason. it took me close to 45 mins to open one account having to fill in a lot of details(still ask about employment details, company name, annual income, etc etc) for the banker/form when i only need 15 mins or less opening a savings account in another bank (other banks - ic/address/set up ibanking acc- thats it). as someone mentioned before to me, if they 45 mins to open an account which doesn't contribute to quota, what if someone else walks in during that 45 mins and want to sign up a credit card account or other type of banking products that contribute to their quota? thats the problem
I see. Thanks for that explanation.
Old 30-10-2018, 10:53 AM   #3881
Master Member

Can someone who opened maxigain account recently recommend me a Citibank officer who opened the account for you and does not tell some bs about upcoming changes etc. i'm so fed up with some guys at the branches i went to who keep telling about those rumor things and asked me to deposit 70k instead of 15k which does not sound right to me. Any recommendation of a good one is appreciated. Thanks!
Just tell them you intend to fund the minimum sum within 2 months. Then you fund the account by either fast-ing in $15k or bring a cashier order.

They are trying to deter more people from opening the accounts, I think.

All else fails, just go to MacDonald's house?
Old 30-10-2018, 11:31 AM   #3882

actually, I am thinking if they are really Citi employee, probably just contractor that needs to meet their quota, their attitude will make Citi brand bad!
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 06:51 PM   #3883

Hello
When the interest will be credited in ?
I thought today but didnt come in
af7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #3884
Supremacy Member

Interest credit on 31Oct
tmkedmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-10-2018, 07:52 PM   #3885
Supremacy Member

Hello
When the interest will be credited in ?
I thought today but didnt come in
It will be available in your account on the 1st, but will be dated on the last day of the previous month.
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.