HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree537Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-10-2018, 08:21 PM   #3886

Thank you !!

Interest credit on 31Oct

It will be available in your account on the 1st, but will be dated on the last day of the previous month.
af7680 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 01:32 AM   #3887

Last weekend I also went to Citibank branch at Waterway Point wanting to open MaxiGain account. The staff standing at the entrance told me that Citibank will impose $70K min balance in order to get bonus interest in Jan 2019. I left without opening the account on hearing this.

Later, I submitted an enquiry from their website asking for confirmation about this soon-to-be restriction.

Citibank gave a rather long reply mostly apologizing for the incident saying that this was not an acceptable level of customer service.

For the $70K restriction, they only made one paragraph statement quoted below.

"The Policy for the 70,000 SGD have not been introduced yet, we will be
sending communication if this is going to be applied to the accounts."

Not sure if anyone also made enquiries and gotten similar replies. What to make of this? They are neither denying this policy nor are they saying when or if it will be imposed.

For people wanting to open new accounts, this is not very reassuring.
luvpraline likes this.
thebat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 06:21 AM   #3888
Supremacy Member

Not sure if anyone also made enquiries and gotten similar replies. What to make of this? They are neither denying this policy nor are they saying when or if it will be imposed.
This is rather expected of them. Why would they deny it? If they do, and it happens 6 months down the road, you'll hold them responsible.
JuniorLion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 07:19 AM   #3889

Interest credit on 31Oct
still not in yet. anyone knows the time it will be reflected today?
cloud1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 07:26 AM   #3890

Steady, no need so gan cheong. At least end of the day lah. If not how to determine today's daily balance?
PC-User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 08:20 AM   #3891

Will be reflected today meh?
mdax23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 08:35 AM   #3892
Supremacy Member

It won't. It'll post in your account on the 1st (tomorrow), although it will be dated today (31st).
dreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 10:22 AM   #3893
Master Member

I'm going to open one anyway since even 0.8% SIBOR is more than 1%
InvincibleTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 11:52 AM   #3894

Just open and hope no change in tnc. This rumor has been ongoing for some time already
Buzy_bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 11:58 AM   #3895
Arch-Supremacy Member

should have just opened the last time you went
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 12:15 PM   #3896

Last weekend I also went to Citibank branch at Waterway Point wanting to open MaxiGain account. The staff standing at the entrance told me that Citibank will impose $70K min balance in order to get bonus interest in Jan 2019. I left without opening the account on hearing this.

Later, I submitted an enquiry from their website asking for confirmation about this soon-to-be restriction.

Citibank gave a rather long reply mostly apologizing for the incident saying that this was not an acceptable level of customer service.

is the $70,000 total relationship balance or for the maxigain account? If it is the latter , I gg already.
cloud1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 02:20 PM   #3897
Master Member

Yah. That’s why I come here to learn lo. Haha.
InvincibleTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 07:39 PM   #3898
Supremacy Member

It won't. It'll post in your account on the 1st (tomorrow), although it will be dated today (31st).
So i can withdraw the interest today and wont affect my counter right?
vodka_water is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 08:28 PM   #3899

lol i went to the same branch 2 months ago and the staff at the counter told me the same thing that there's going to be change in Nov.

Last edited by Boy who Procrastinates; 31-10-2018 at 09:46 PM..
Boy who Procrastinates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-10-2018, 08:39 PM   #3900
Arch-Supremacy Member

lol i went to the same branch 2 months ago and the staff at the counter told me the same thing that there's going to be change in Nov. Not sure why they keep spreading this kind of rumour
the banker which helped open my account told me that if you think from their point of view, they would rather take the chance to warn you about the rumor even if it may not be true, then have you come back and complain to them when such a thing does really kick into place.

just imagine if they open the maxigain acc for you in October without warning you. then just nice indeed, citibank decide to change this T&C according to these so-called rumors in Nov, less than a month after you opened the account. how would you feel ? would you also complain about them like now ? either way, they lose, so they rather take the better losing option, which is to warn you, and also save their time on ppl who chose to believe the rumor
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.