HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree570Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31-10-2018, 09:19 PM   #3901

the banker which helped open my account told me that if you think from their point of view, they would rather take the chance to warn you about the rumor even if it may not be true, then have you come back and complain to them when such a thing does really kick into place.

just imagine if they open the maxigain acc for you in October without warning you. then just nice indeed, citibank decide to change this T&C according to these so-called rumors in Nov, less than a month after you opened the account. how would you feel ? would you also complain about them like now ? either way, they lose, so they rather take the better losing option, which is to warn you, and also save their time on ppl who chose to believe the rumor
Hmm you have a point there. better to be on the safe side.
Boy who Procrastinates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:16 AM   #3902

the banker which helped open my account told me that if you think from their point of view, they would rather take the chance to warn you about the rumor even if it may not be true, then have you come back and complain to them when such a thing does really kick into place.

just imagine if they open the maxigain acc for you in October without warning you. then just nice indeed, citibank decide to change this T&C according to these so-called rumors in Nov, less than a month after you opened the account. how would you feel ? would you also complain about them like now ? either way, they lose, so they rather take the better losing option, which is to warn you, and also save their time on ppl who chose to believe the rumor
there is no point to warn for something is still not confirm
what I see, that folks are just simply lazy to entertain this as no benefits for them
oceanicmanta likes this.
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:28 AM   #3903
Arch-Supremacy Member

when will eadvice for the last month usually be out ?
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:26 AM   #3904
Supremacy Member

there is no point to warn for something is still not confirm
what I see, that folks are just simply lazy to entertain this as no benefits for them
So far I met a few lousy/ soso RM in Citibank. As compared to those in UOB/ DBS/ OCBC, I feel rather unprofessional.

How can you tell clients about something that is untrue. What rumors? I think by doing that, it is already unprofessional:

1. Tell potential clients things that is not true
2. Even if they hear in advance from bosses/ colleagues, they should keep it confidential until official release (disclosure of company confidential info)
3. If the RM and you has great relationship, then maybe ok to share as friends.
oceanicmanta likes this.
htngwilliam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:21 AM   #3905

lol i just opened new acct on Monday at Macdonald's hse branch, the guy who opened my acct didnt say anything. but maybe becuase i was already v black face. i went in the morning to open but didnt bring NRIC (thought drivers license is good enough) but the guy say cannot, so i had to go home n take IC and go back to the branch so was jin fed up already.
ysyj48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:40 AM   #3906
Arch-Supremacy Member

lol i just opened new acct on Monday at Macdonald's hse branch, the guy who opened my acct didnt say anything. but maybe becuase i was already v black face. i went in the morning to open but didnt bring NRIC (thought drivers license is good enough) but the guy say cannot, so i had to go home n take IC and go back to the branch so was jin fed up already.
actually mine also didnt say much, all is i asked him first then he shared with me

need IC because need your address all that la for them to send the debit card/atm ccard etc to your house... drivers license where got good enough
Old 01-11-2018, 09:58 AM   #3907

The KYC requirement is really strict. Don’t think any bank allow opening of account with driver licence. Passport for foreigners allowed but need to be supplemented by proof of mailing address.
LexusIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:53 PM   #3908
Master Member

Ok la I opened an account at WWP yesterday.

I think it's a no brainer as long as you have sufficient funds to transfer in if they change T&Cs suddenly.
InvincibleTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 02:55 PM   #3909
Arch-Supremacy Member

Calculated sibor to be 1.51631, correct?

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 04:03 PM   #3910
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok la I opened an account at WWP yesterday.

I think it's a no brainer as long as you have sufficient funds to transfer in if they change T&Cs suddenly.
u opened with 0 balance or you brought 15k down ?
Old 01-11-2018, 04:10 PM   #3911

today safe to withdraw the interest portions credited right?
trevallyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:09 PM   #3912
Master Member

u opened with 0 balance or you brought 15k down ?
Open with $0.

Then went home to transfer funds.
InvincibleTofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:10 PM   #3913

Of course. Just don’t withdraw more than the interest.

today safe to withdraw the interest portions credited right?
trevallyo likes this.
shpesft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:21 PM   #3914

Of course. Just donít withdraw more than the interest.

Thank you bro.
trevallyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #3915

Calculated sibor to be 1.51631, correct?
think thereabout.
cloud1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.