Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My Maxigain account is indicated as inactive on my Citibank Online, probably because I haven't touched it since I opened the account last Sep. Will this affect the monthly interest credit into the account?

Monthly interest crediting will still go on as it is initiated by the bank. However, you can't deposit or withdraw from your inactive acct. There should be a button to click to activate your account in online banking.

lancer6238

Reaction score
Monthly interest crediting will still go on as it is initiated by the bank. However, you can't deposit or withdraw from your inactive acct. There should be a button to click to activate your account in online banking.
There was a button to re-activate the account, but when I clicked on it, it said there was an error and told me to call the hotline instead.

Since the monthly interest crediting isn't affected, then I likely won't bother, since I'm just going to park the money there.

Thanks for replying!

shpesft

Reaction score
You can call the hotline to reactivate the account. That’s what happened to mine

There was a button to re-activate the account, but when I clicked on it, it said there was an error and told me to call the hotline instead.

Since the monthly interest crediting isn't affected, then I likely won't bother, since I'm just going to park the money there.

Thanks for replying!

tmkedmw

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Thanks for replying!

If u leave an inactive account as it is, it will progress to dormant after some more months and that will require u to go to branch to activate it.

Just call cso to reactivate. Then every quarter, fast in $1 to keep account active.

Purplestars

Master Member
Reaction score
Will counter go up if you keep fasting in 0.01? As long as you don't go below 0.00 your counter will keep going up right?

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I already set up a recurring transfer of $1 monthly to my account to keep it active.

Trazora

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Will counter go up if you keep fasting in 0.01? As long as you don't go below 0.00 your counter will keep going up right?

The challenge is how to top up back in time when fall below fee is deducted

Last edited:

tornedo

Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone pm me any RM to enrol for top-up promo?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
tornedo

AhPohPoh

Reaction score
This promo (not sure of time period) is only available for Citi priority, Citigold or CPC customers. So I guess if you are already at least a Citi priority customer then you can try calling your RM to find out more.

https://www.citibank.com.sg/cpc/cpc_newfunds.htm

Thought there was topup promo during cny period and got extended? If say top up maxigain acc from 15k to 70k?

tornedo

Reaction score
I only have the 15k in the maxigain acc and nothing else. Doubt in any of the category u mentioned :(

ookezy

Reaction score
I open MaxiGain account this mth and maintain 15000 inside. If nothing changes, wait one year later, the counter shld be 12 correct?

AhPohPoh

Reaction score
Yes that is correct.

But if you have an additional 55k that you wish to use for savings, can possibly consider opening Citi priority instead. Just an option. That way you earn interest from day 1.

I open MaxiGain account this mth and maintain 15000 inside. If nothing changes, wait one year later, the counter shld be 12 correct?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.