Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Intel888

Master Member
Reaction score
Is there any maximum interest rate can be earned?
Example like counter 12 = 1.2%
Then sibor rate 2% = 1.4%
Total 2.6% can be earned for the first $70k?

Max counter is 12. So max Bonus interest = 1.2%
Don't think there is a maximum account balance that earns the Bonus interest.

Base interest fluctuates according to Sibor.
"The maximum account balance that earns the base interest rate is capped at the first $150,000."

That's why if you want to maximise the benefits of this account, have between 70 - 150k.

butterfly11

Reaction score
Citibank money market account

Wondering anyone heard of this account?
Similar to maxigain, but min balance is 30k to earn interest of around 1.27% as on today rate

Citibank reserves the right to determine the daily interest payable based on the daily prevailing Singapore Interbank Bid Rate (SIBID). The rate is currently based at 70% of daily 1 month SIBID. The account does not earn interest if the average monthly balance, calculated as at the last day of the month, falls belong S$30,000

K_E_N_L_A_W

Reaction score
Wondering anyone heard of this account?
Similar to maxigain, but min balance is 30k to earn interest of around 1.27% as on today rate

Citibank reserves the right to determine the daily interest payable based on the daily prevailing Singapore Interbank Bid Rate (SIBID). The rate is currently based at 70% of daily 1 month SIBID. The account does not earn interest if the average monthly balance, calculated as at the last day of the month, falls belong S$30,000

Why not deposit in standard chartered esaver? Paying more than 1.27%.

butterfly11

Reaction score
All the other accounts like Isavy and esaver is not every month u get the interest, only for incremental balance!

shpesft

Reaction score
ISavvy and eSaver need a bit of work every 2 months or so to get the higher interest. The offer for higher interest lasts for 2 months and it’s for the increased deposit from average daily balance the month before. So to get the most of these accounts, you need to move the money every 2 months or so.

maybank saving account so good 2% min 20k? got any other toc?

butterfly11

Reaction score
e$aver Bonus Interest (1 April 2019 to 31 May 2019) Promotion
From now till 31 May 2019, earn up to 2.00% p.a. interest on eligible deposit balance of S$1 million with no lock-in period when you bring in incremental fresh funds* (compared to March 2019’s average daily balance).

DEPOSIT BALANCE TIER
PREVAILING INTEREST RATE ON DEPOSIT BALANCE
BONUS INTEREST RATE ON ELIGIBLE INCREMENTAL BALANCE
TOTAL INTEREST RATE ON ELIGIBLE INCREMENTAL BALANCE
<S$50,000 0.10% p.a. 1.75% p.a. 1.85% p.a.
S$50,000 to <S$200,000 0.15% p.a 1.90% p.a.
≥S$200,000 0.25% p.a. 2.00% p.a.

pls see the sc website, the bonus interest is only on incremental balance, u need to transfer in and out to get the 2% interest

arctician

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i receive interest on 30th of April, can i draw out the interest today 2nd may without affecting counter? i assume the tnc is lowest balance in current month must be higher than lowest balance in previous month without reseting the counter? Or Or need to withdraw on 30th of every month i.e. same day when interests is credited?

havetheveryfun

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
e$aver Bonus Interest (1 April 2019 to 31 May 2019) Promotion
From now till 31 May 2019, earn up to 2.00% p.a. interest on eligible deposit balance of S$1 million with no lock-in period when you bring in incremental fresh funds* (compared to March 2019’s average daily balance).

DEPOSIT BALANCE TIER
PREVAILING INTEREST RATE ON DEPOSIT BALANCE
BONUS INTEREST RATE ON ELIGIBLE INCREMENTAL BALANCE
TOTAL INTEREST RATE ON ELIGIBLE INCREMENTAL BALANCE
<S$50,000 0.10% p.a. 1.75% p.a. 1.85% p.a.
S$50,000 to <S$200,000 0.15% p.a 1.90% p.a.
≥S$200,000 0.25% p.a. 2.00% p.a.

pls see the sc website, the bonus interest is only on incremental balance, u need to transfer in and out to get the 2% interest

I keep my money within the same SC internet banking account and receiving the interests every month. Im a happy man.. go ahead and explore other options if that is your choice.

maumu

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if i receive interest on 30th of April, can i draw out the interest today 2nd may without affecting counter? i assume the tnc is lowest balance in current month must be higher than lowest balance in previous month without reseting the counter? Or Or need to withdraw on 30th of every month i.e. same day when interests is credited?

withdraw any day (except Sunday/public holiday to avoid loss of one-day interest) in the following month.

e.g. interest would have been in on 30 April. you can withdraw out the interest on 2 May and park the money elsewhere with higher interest (if you've already maxed 150k).

Boy who Procrastinates

Reaction score

Yes you may withdraw the interest only in the following month without affecting counter.

Withdrawal of Interest without Resetting the Counter

For example, an account holder has amassed a balance of $150,000 at the start of the month and has decided to withdraw the excess interest which earns a paltry 0.05% interest rate. At the end of the month, the base and bonus interest is credited to the account but the lowest balance of the month remains at $150,000.

Lowest Balance in Month 1: $150,000

The account holder then withdraws the interest at the start of the following month, leaving the balance of $150,000 untouched.

Lowest Balance in Month 2: $150,000

As the lowest balance in Month 1 is equal to the lowest balance in Month 2, the Counter will raise by 1. If the Counter has already reached the maximum count, it will not reset.

compro_1975

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for people who put $149,999.95 how much are they getting each month now considering they have max 12 counters....

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.