HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

Citibank Maxigain Savings Account

Like Tree551Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2018, 01:48 PM   #4111

If I understand correctly, the based and bonus interest earned can be withdraw any day of the month, before the last day of the month, will NOT affect the lowest balance of the month, which will result the counter to be reset? = Is this correct understanding?
kelvinloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 01:51 PM   #4112
Arch-Supremacy Member

If I understand correctly, the based and bonus interest earned can be withdraw any day of the month, before the last day of the month, will NOT affect the lowest balance of the month, which will result the counter to be reset? = Is this correct understanding?
Can only withdraw after credited to the account
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:33 PM   #4113

Question

Can only withdraw after credited to the account
Ok, thanks. What if there was a top up (e.g. $10) to the account for the current month and withdraw $10 at any day of the month. As long as my current month lowest balance is equal or greater than the previous month lowest, this will NOT reset the counter too. = Is the understanding correct. Thank you .
kelvinloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 02:55 PM   #4114
High Supremacy Member

not too bad tooo if there is not other bank got this amount 70K below.. or 15K.

for max counters you should be getting 1.2%
70k is to qualify for the base interest of 70% of SIBOR
harky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 04:12 PM   #4115
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ok, thanks. What if there was a top up (e.g. $10) to the account for the current month and withdraw $10 at any day of the month. As long as my current month lowest balance is equal or greater than the previous month lowest, this will NOT reset the counter too. = Is the understanding correct. Thank you .
Yes so long current month lowest balance is equal or greater than that of previous month. Ie spend/withdraw after top up/credited and do not spend/withdraw more than what was top up/credited
Trazora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #4116

So the minimum amount to open is still 15k?
70k to earn base interest
Anything lower earns bonus interest only
bbbbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM   #4117
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya..........

I AM FROM THE 30.1%, EMPOWERED TO COMPLAIN
compro_1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 07:30 AM   #4118

My understanding, it is not the last day of the month, but lowest daily within the month
demoforce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 08:33 AM   #4119

in order to earn sibor base interest + bonus interest 1.2% assuming with max counter, customers need at least 70k in maxigain account now?
kyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 10:35 AM   #4120
Supremacy Member

for max counters you should be getting 1.2%
70k is to qualify for the base interest of 70% of SIBOR
yes yes, i already max counter at 1.2% already ....

so in effect i am losing the 0.8% base interest if i don't have 70k by 2 Jan .....

even though 1.2% is still good .... but for that 0.2% i can't "touch" the 50k there ....

might as well put in CIMB for that 1% fuss free and I can freely move the money would worrying for the counter drop
Old 03-12-2018, 11:32 AM   #4121
High Supremacy Member

yes yes, i already max counter at 1.2% already ....

so in effect i am losing the 0.8% base interest if i don't have 70k by 2 Jan .....

even though 1.2% is still good .... but for that 0.2% i can't "touch" the 50k there ....

might as well put in CIMB for that 1% fuss free and I can freely move the money would worrying for the counter drop
Might as well put SSB, can freely move every month... prorated interest and near 2% first year.
Old 03-12-2018, 11:43 AM   #4122
Supremacy Member

Might as well put SSB, can freely move every month... prorated interest and near 2% first year.
i already got $45k in SSB .... eh, they up to $100k per person liao ah

well , in terms of speed .... having it in CIMB is still faster then redeeming SSB

time to move on i guess .... too much effort for the 1.2%
Old 03-12-2018, 11:58 AM   #4123
Arch-Supremacy Member

i already got $45k in SSB .... eh, they up to $100k per person liao ah

well , in terms of speed .... having it in CIMB is still faster then redeeming SSB

time to move on i guess .... too much effort for the 1.2%
seems like u are able to meet the 70k requirement. if so u should consider again if u are able to not touch that 70k for a long time.
havetheveryfun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2018, 01:19 PM   #4124
Supremacy Member

seems like u are able to meet the 70k requirement. if so u should consider again if u are able to not touch that 70k for a long time.
haven really took a deep look at it yet, but not so sure if i want to take out $20k from ssb to top up into the maxi.

but, i would need cash lying around ... baby coming soon.

The thing with citi is that the max counter will drop if i take out money to use ... takes a damn long time to rebuilt after that.

end of the day, i might just take out half of what is in citibank to buy another trench of SSB .... maybe ....
Old 03-12-2018, 01:45 PM   #4125

haven really took a deep look at it yet, but not so sure if i want to take out $20k from ssb to top up into the maxi.

but, i would need cash lying around ... baby coming soon.

The thing with citi is that the max counter will drop if i take out money to use ... takes a damn long time to rebuilt after that.

end of the day, i might just take out half of what is in citibank to buy another trench of SSB .... maybe ....
Wait till later today to see next mth's SSB. Should be better than this mth. Then nearer last 2 days of application close check the estimate for next next SSB. Based on the rate decide whether to top up maxigain or go for SSB.

Citigain is no good for those who need to withdraw. Having a baby cost a bomb. BTW, congrats.
Beastosterone likes this.
vsvs24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.